It seems I have always been a photographer, starting with my first Instamatic in my teens (dating myself here for sure...). I wore out many film cameras over the years, and shelves of neatly arranged albums chronicle the growth of our family over the last 30 years. In fact, I'm in so few of the images that it looks like my children were raised without a mother !
Exploring the world of photography after having "graduated" from a series of point-and-shoot digital cameras to a Canon Digital Rebel SLR, to a Canon EOS 7D in 2010 and to a Canon 5D Mark III in 2012 has allowed me to express my creativity. My passion for photography was kick-started with a very informative Digital Photography Essentials course in the Stanford University Continuing Studies program and I have since taken several other photography classes at Stanford.
However, I am essentially "self taught", and have learned so much through the great contacts I've made in flickr-land. Perusing flickr has been educational and inspiring. There are so many talented, creative and supportive people in this on-line community and I'm constantly learning, not only about photography, but about the vast world around us with its infinite photo ops !
Thank you in advance if you choose to make me a Contact or ask me to join a Group. If I don't reciprocate it's because I want to be sure that I can actually keep up with the contributions of existing Contacts. I don't generally acquire a new contact if they already have a large number of contacts, as they clearly won't have time to visit each of their Contacts regularly and are probably more interested in getting views and comments than giving them. I also prefer Contacts who present an interesting variety of work, label their photos, add useful tags, and make thoughtful comments, and of course I do those things too. I also drop contacts after a while if I find that I'm always commenting on their images but never hear from them. So if you send me an invitation to which I don't respond, it's not because I don't appreciate your photos, but rather because I'm already saturated.
visited 24 states (48%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Free android travel guide
visited 19 states (8.44%)Create your own visited map of The World or Free iphone travel guide
I need to visit some of those middle states !
Made with www.mycoolsigns.net/
- NCAA tournament 2013: Are you fan enough? 122 photos, 20 members
- Flickr Friday 2,813 photos, 5,128 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 38,970 photos, 388 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,296 photos, 7,435 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 6,452 photos, 558 members
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots 3,742 photos, 468 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 5,534 photos, 595 members
- All Gone to Look for America (USA, United States of America) 17,483 photos, 584 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,348 photos, 1,731 members
- Croporamas 706 photos, 275 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 625 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,213 photos, 3,420 members
- Project Weather 44,749 photos, 13,995 members
- Every Day Stanford 1,146 photos, 119 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 2,454 photos, 491 members
- Flickr B-I-N-G-O 656 photos, 164 members
- don't fence me in 7,988 photos, 577 members
- Palo Alto, California 1,725 photos, 230 members
- sixty-four colors 4,022 photos, 657 members
- Vertoramas 12,459 photos, 1,857 members
- ~~fence friday~~(the original) 19,797 photos, 3,216 members
- Filoli 1,143 photos, 75 members
- Northern California Photography 123,175 photos, 4,314 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 373,551 photos, 50,644 members
- San Francisco 213,489 photos, 13,252 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 205,083 photos, 3,562 members
- San Mateo County Group 10,979 photos, 579 members
- Clicking and enjoying 18,969 photos, 294 members
- FlickrCentral 6,083,669 photos, 183,963 members
- Modern Zeppelin 433 photos, 92 members
- Gates Gates Gates 6,529 photos, 1,409 members
- Chihuly Art 10,386 photos, 1,321 members
- California Missions 8,656 photos, 714 members
- San Francisco Architecture 30,812 photos, 3,157 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 680,330 photos, 96,861 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 628,745 photos, 50,928 members
- Ya Gotta Start Somewhere... ~ 44,107 photos, 2,017 members
- * Vanishing Points * 143,954 photos, 24,473 members
- Stanford University 3,896 photos, 666 members
- AllEdges Still Life 82,909 photos, 5,844 members
- Six Word Story 27,429 photos, 3,241 members
- Simply Still Life 1,801 photos, 2,592 members
- Flickr Envy Public (invited images only/Post one/and invite one 7,667 photos, 2,554 members
- squared circle 130,714 photos, 8,277 members
- Redwood City 1,981 photos, 157 members
- One Door 12,470 photos, 1,790 members
- Doors and Windows in Decay 14,187 photos, 5,025 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 221,244 photos, 18,997 members
- Classic Still Life Art 8,964 photos, 942 members
Photography by Claudia says:
"Jill is a wonderful flickr friend who demonstrates how we should all behave on flickr and with our contacts. She is kind and generous with her comments, insights and compliments. In addition to that, she has an awesome variety of photos of so many places and scenes and things, you could get lost in her photostream. She captures shots I never think of which is the sign of a creative mind. I love her Most Interesting photos- be sure to take a look- truly fabulous stuff!"
15th November, 2010
"I have known Jill for quite some time now. She has always been a great photographer, but seems to be growing in leaps and bounds each day. It is quite evident that photography is Jill's passion... there is a huge difference been a hobby and a passion, and it shows in her work. From still lifes to landscapes to nature.... she moves with ease between each of her subjects and they all represent her keen eye for composition and style. Not only is Jill known for her beautiful work, but she is truly one of my most valuable contacts.... She doesn't desert you if you post an image that may not be exactly to her liking, but instead sees the beauty in what the eye of the beholder sees and always finds something nice to say about another's viewpoint. The best about her is her friendship and sense of humor. Jill is a wonderful artist and I am so glad to know her."
23rd March, 2010
Jeff Clow says:
"I've had the pleasure to get to know Jill through the magic of Flickr this last 18 months or so.....and I think you will agree with one look through her photostream what a talented photographer she is when she is behind her lens.
What you might not know is that she is also one classy lady - a lady who takes the time to comment repeatedly on others photos and to let them know what she likes about their images. A comment from her is always such a pleasant occurrence and it is people like Jill that make Flickr such a wonderful community of photographers.
I am pleased to now call Jill a friend."
11th January, 2010
- Jill Clardy
- January 2008
- Las Vegas, NV
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Former Senior Director, Sales Operations