It seems I have always been a photographer, starting with my first Instamatic in my teens (dating myself here for sure...). I wore out many film cameras over the years, and shelves of neatly arranged albums chronicle the growth of our family over the last 30 years. In fact, I'm in so few of the images that it looks like my children were raised without a mother !
Exploring the world of photography after having "graduated" from a series of point-and-shoot digital cameras to a Canon Digital Rebel SLR, to a Canon EOS 7D in 2010 and to a Canon 5D Mark III in 2012 has allowed me to express my creativity. My passion for photography was kick-started with a very informative Digital Photography Essentials course in the Stanford University Continuing Studies program and I have since taken several other photography classes at Stanford.
However, I am essentially "self taught", and have learned so much through the great contacts I've made in flickr-land. Perusing flickr has been educational and inspiring. There are so many talented, creative and supportive people in this on-line community and I'm constantly learning, not only about photography, but about the vast world around us with its infinite photo ops !
Thank you in advance if you choose to make me a Contact or ask me to join a Group. If I don't reciprocate it's because I want to be sure that I can actually keep up with the contributions of existing Contacts. I don't generally acquire a new contact if they already have a large number of contacts, as they clearly won't have time to visit each of their Contacts regularly and are probably more interested in getting views and comments than giving them. I also prefer Contacts who present an interesting variety of work, label their photos, add useful tags, and make thoughtful comments, and of course I do those things too. I also drop contacts after a while if I find that I'm always commenting on their images but never hear from them. So if you send me an invitation to which I don't respond, it's not because I don't appreciate your photos, but rather because I'm already saturated.
visited 24 states (48%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Free android travel guide
visited 16 states (7.11%)Create your own visited map of The World or Free android travel guide
I need to visit some of those middle states !
Made with www.mycoolsigns.net/
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,671 photos, 15,195 members
- 100 x: The 2014 Edition 1,644 photos, 164 members
- Cantor Arts Center 477 photos, 57 members
- Flickr Friday 7,617 photos, 12,091 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 68,029 photos, 342 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,100 photos, 6,989 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 11,076 photos, 741 members
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots 6,170 photos, 627 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 7,761 photos, 598 members
- All Gone to Look for America (USA, United States of America) 23,622 photos, 604 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,656 photos, 1,756 members
- Croporamas 953 photos, 271 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 647 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,157 photos, 3,309 members
- Project Weather 144,270 photos, 37,000 members
- Every Day Stanford 1,341 photos, 124 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 2,855 photos, 512 members
- Flickr B-I-N-G-O 602 photos, 160 members
- don't fence me in 8,406 photos, 566 members
- Palo Alto, California 1,742 photos, 235 members
- sixty-four colors 3,817 photos, 650 members
- Vertoramas 13,431 photos, 1,878 members
- ~~fence friday~~(the original) 19,064 photos, 3,122 members
- Filoli 1,153 photos, 76 members
- Northern California Photography 136,075 photos, 4,523 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 370,326 photos, 50,371 members
- San Francisco 230,208 photos, 13,908 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 213,625 photos, 3,568 members
- San Mateo County Group 11,635 photos, 592 members
- Clicking and enjoying 19,905 photos, 285 members
- FlickrCentral 7,007,220 photos, 204,402 members
- Modern Zeppelin 448 photos, 100 members
- Gates Gates Gates 6,940 photos, 1,484 members
- Chihuly Art 11,025 photos, 1,371 members
- California Missions 8,916 photos, 734 members
- San Francisco Architecture 31,826 photos, 3,190 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 742,576 photos, 103,053 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 717,055 photos, 54,712 members
- Ya Gotta Start Somewhere... ~ 48,114 photos, 2,018 members
- * Vanishing Points * 157,852 photos, 30,373 members
- Stanford University 4,156 photos, 680 members
- AllEdges Still Life 86,465 photos, 5,963 members
- Six Word Story 28,949 photos, 3,238 members
- Simply Still Life 1,764 photos, 2,838 members
- Flickr Envy Public (invited images only/Post one/and invite one 7,597 photos, 2,560 members
- squared circle 139,705 photos, 10,138 members
- Redwood City 2,059 photos, 156 members
- One Door 13,150 photos, 1,802 members
- Doors and Windows in Decay 13,934 photos, 5,133 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 257,770 photos, 20,530 members
"Jill is a wonderful flickr friend who demonstrates how we should all behave on flickr and with our contacts. She is kind and generous with her comments, insights and compliments. In addition to that, she has an awesome variety of photos of so many places and scenes and things, you could get lost in her photostream. She captures shots I never think of which is the sign of a creative mind. I love her Most Interesting photos- be sure to take a look- truly fabulous stuff!"
15th November, 2010
"I have known Jill for quite some time now. She has always been a great photographer, but seems to be growing in leaps and bounds each day. It is quite evident that photography is Jill's passion... there is a huge difference been a hobby and a passion, and it shows in her work. From still lifes to landscapes to nature.... she moves with ease between each of her subjects and they all represent her keen eye for composition and style. Not only is Jill known for her beautiful work, but she is truly one of my most valuable contacts.... She doesn't desert you if you post an image that may not be exactly to her liking, but instead sees the beauty in what the eye of the beholder sees and always finds something nice to say about another's viewpoint. The best about her is her friendship and sense of humor. Jill is a wonderful artist and I am so glad to know her."
23rd March, 2010
Jeff Clow says:
"I've had the pleasure to get to know Jill through the magic of Flickr this last 18 months or so.....and I think you will agree with one look through her photostream what a talented photographer she is when she is behind her lens.
What you might not know is that she is also one classy lady - a lady who takes the time to comment repeatedly on others photos and to let them know what she likes about their images. A comment from her is always such a pleasant occurrence and it is people like Jill that make Flickr such a wonderful community of photographers.
I am pleased to now call Jill a friend."
11th January, 2010
- Jill Clardy
- January 2008
- Las Vegas, NV
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Director of Sales Staff