I'm a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and have my own technology company, yet photography is taking more and more of my free and not so free time. There is something in it that makes me love to take, develop and share photos. Maybe it's a sense of unjustified immortality, as each photo is timeless and has something in it about oneself. Maybe it's because of its pure enjoyment. Whatever it is, I don't really need to know. Loving something is just enough of a reason.
Photography has taught me to be present, to enjoy what I see, specially when light gets "clever". It's a healthy activity that defeats consumerism, probably more so in the digital age. It costs nothing, just our time and energy, and we create objects that are so simple to share. Photography has been a non commercial activity for me, yet almost 500 photos have already found their place in books, movies, wikipedia, souvenirs, magazines, blogs, and most forms of media even from places so distant from where I am as Poland, Russia and India. It's so much fun to discover that we can do so much without the need of anyone or anything but the tools, the on-line community, and what we see in front of us.
I do try to take photos with the highest possible level of detail and naturalness, taking advantage of available lighting conditions as they present to me as a natural environment, instead of an impact obtained by elaborate post processing. If there is something that is of value in a photo for someone today or in the future, I want to leave it at a high resolution level, so future tinkering has a better chance.
Except for my panoramas photos, all my photos are made from one RAW file. Therefore, none of my photos uses HDR, by HDR meaning multiple frames at different exposures merged with the objective of expanding shadows and highlights.
I upload all the photos I take which I feel I like for any reason whatsoever, without concerns of any rules. For me flickr represents my photographic workplace environment. It is interesting to see how the flickr community and the web will interfere with my portfolio and automatically get my photostream ranked. This is of a lot of help, as I find photo selection as difficult if not more than the art of taking photos!
Presently I use Lightroom as the tool to develop the RAW files, spending only occasionally a few minutes on general adjustments on a photo of merit.
Around mid 2010, I have set my camera clock to WET – Western European Time - Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) - +0000 - so it is always ready for when I use it together with my Jobo GPS for geo-data capture.
Sometimes I write a few words on my blog if you are ever interested.
All my photos are posted as Public and offered to the community with Attribution, Share Alike, Creative Commons license. For more info: CC License Conditions.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you ever need any of my photos in higher resolution as I love to share!
Find here my set of photos published in the media that I'm aware of:
Here some sets representing part of my flickr portfolio:
- Your Best Shot 2013 8,332 photos, 10,763 members
- NYC Marathon 2013 298 photos, 31 members
- Love South Africa 12,747 photos, 794 members
- Project Weather 109,695 photos, 32,003 members
- Skylines y Rascacielos Chilenos 4,603 photos, 540 members
- El mundo en bicicletas 37,425 photos, 2,739 members
- We are each other's contacts! 19,583 photos, 953 members
- Revive your best old photos! 1,873 photos, 139 members
- Movimiento Intencionado de la Cámara 504 photos, 60 members
- Voigtländer Color Skopar 28mm SLII 108 photos, 15 members
- Nikon D800E Users 7,084 photos, 196 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,156 photos, 7,118 members
- Only Contest 2,462 photos, 3,264 members
- Vision sound 25,796 photos, 1,580 members
- London Cinema, Movies and Television 2,681 photos, 510 members
- InfinityList.com 1,487 photos, 227 members
- FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifiers in the flesh! 6 photos, 8 members
- Taller fotografico - Uruguay 4,841 photos, 225 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,555,702 photos, 78,555 members
- Paul McCartney Live 886 photos, 64 members
- Paul McCartney Tours 2005 onward 858 photos, 202 members
- McCARTNEY 1,146 photos, 152 members
- Paul McCartney 956 photos, 132 members
- A Portrait Group 417,531 photos, 9,789 members
- Models 269,086 photos, 13,161 members
- Portraits 'n Fashion 112,038 photos, 6,523 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 568,924 photos, 15,961 members
- RELIGIOUS MONUMENTS 17,414 photos, 628 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,690 photos, 14,629 members
- Futebol | Football | Fútbol | Soccer | Calcio | Fussball 12,938 photos, 804 members
- RIU Hotels and Resorts - Fan Images 3,024 photos, 440 members
- Starnberger See 2,535 photos, 217 members
- Indianapolis, Indiana 28,044 photos, 914 members
- Black & White Photography 1 (Please comment or fav 1) 9,262 photos, 386 members
- PHOTOFM ●● flickr - Sube 1 Premia 4 30,285 photos, 1,807 members
- ALTERNATIVE and UNDERGROUND (only HQ) 892 photos, 113 members
- artland 558,004 photos, 29,741 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (((click "about" to find award))) 2,400,894 photos, 95,603 members
- People of my city - Buenos Aires 2,974 photos, 187 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 205,298 photos, 12,789 members
- The Miami Picture Project 1,388 photos, 107 members
- Downtown Miami, Biscayne Bay and Brickell Key 2,743 photos, 179 members
- Muestra Tu México en Flickr 93,531 photos, 4,725 members
- Los 31 estados de México + el D.F. 110,784 photos, 4,338 members
- MOST EXCELLENT in Black & White 99,645 photos, 4,522 members
- Structural Artists 7,552 photos, 1,134 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 21,560 photos, 4,941 members
- Club Atlético Peñarol 23 photos, 7 members
- Fotos Panoramicas 23,126 photos, 2,496 members
- Fotos Panorámicas / Panoramic photos 4,958 photos, 752 members
jikatu doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Jimmy Baikovicius
- March 2007
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ikatu's director: ikatu.com