From the Mountains through the City to the Sea
Human behavior is governed by the interplay of three fundamental forces, or impulses. Under the influence of the first, the Life impulse, we eat, seek shelter, have sex, and do innumerable other things in service simply of staying alive and perpetuating life. We could continue to exist if this were our only drive, but plainly it is not. Dissatisfied with just existing, we also are driven by a second impulse, Wonder. It is this impulse that makes us search for the meaning of our existence. Witness the pervasiveness of this drive in the countless religions, philosophies, and laws we invent to answer the ultimate question, “Why are we here?” But we don’t reduce to a duality. There is a third, primary impulse at hand in all of us, that which impels us to create art, to be captivated by art, even to be art. The Art impulse is as fundamental to our humanness as Life and Wonder. Nurture your third impulse.
All photography and content copyright © 2010 Jason Crockett Photography. All rights reserved.
- Timelapse Videos 6,509 photos, 3,230 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 182 photos, 387 members
- 'Views: 20,000+ 422 photos, 348 members
- Dream beaches of the world 16,801 photos, 1,696 members
- Boston Terriers 29,063 photos, 1,951 members
- ~Beautiful Water~ 6,924 photos, 633 members
- brunettes 21,012 photos, 3,829 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 206,253 photos, 31,779 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,855 photos, 1,005 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 399,763 photos, 39,190 members
- Fire and Ice 386 photos, 148 members
- Views: 5000 8,708 photos, 3,964 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 1,866 photos, 318 members
- 1-2-3 Selfportraits (Read rules !!!) 2,180 photos, 610 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,038 photos, 1,641 members
- Foto Cats 176,312 photos, 13,036 members
- Birds in Flight! 115,965 photos, 6,692 members
- Views: 3000 7,570 photos, 3,814 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 146,208 photos, 12,282 members
- Quality -- Best of the Best -- (Invitation ONLY) 4,659 photos, 1,011 members
- HOLGA -B&W- (Black & White 120film shots only) 45,721 photos, 5,099 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,390 photos, 5,807 members
- Your Best in Infrared 172 photos, 243 members
- Views: 2000 19,648 photos, 6,166 members
- Favorites: 200 1,899 photos, 1,268 members
- flickr.com 9,153 photos, 371 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 33,260 photos, 5,656 members
- LA South Bay 12,825 photos, 483 members
- Scout poster (!Read the Rules!) 66 photos, 59 members
- Multiple Sclerosis 590 photos, 199 members
- Surfer 7,340 photos, 1,145 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 60,635 photos, 6,153 members
- 1000 views + 100 favourites 3,901 photos, 1,900 members
- Favorites: 50 9,307 photos, 3,574 members
- Views: 1500 9,208 photos, 4,508 members
- Views: 100 643,265 photos, 22,078 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,832 photos, 7,640 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 64,324 photos, 13,303 members
- Favorites: 100 5,414 photos, 2,453 members
- Favorites: 25 12,094 photos, 4,392 members
- Views: 1000 40,176 photos, 11,564 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,664 photos, 6,723 members
- 1-2-3 FAVORITES (50+) POST 1,COMMENT ON 2 729 photos, 444 members
- Water Reflection 15,177 photos, 1,357 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,887 photos, 7,348 members
- Explore Top 20 1,731 photos, 615 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Textured Tuesdays **OPEN** 3,296,676 photos, 94,897 members
- Trophy 30,119 photos, 5,023 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 91,451 photos, 4,947 members
- Landscape 815,720 photos, 74,518 members
_Paula AnDDrade says:
"An Amazing Photographer!
His photos are an Eye Catcher, great Artist! it is a pleasure coming to his stream! ;~)
Thanks for sharing such outstanding images with us!"
25th December, 2006
Ricardo (Sr.) says:
"Jason is an incredibly cool, and truly nice, person. When I first saw his beach "landscapes" I just had to e-mail him and ask how he did it...I got back a full page step by step instruction on "blending multiple HDR images" into 1 incredible shot....huh?
Then, when I was going through my amateur imagefolio, to produce original prints for my children for Xmas, I decided to include 1 of Jason's images for my 22 yo daughter who is freeezing in Germany at an Air Force Base, flickr.com/photos... ,he immediately responded and took time from his day to be sure the image was "sized" right for reproduction. He also keeps me posted on the surf when I am in baja offroad racing.
Jason is the man, and way cool. CHECK OUT THIS STREAM!"
21st December, 2006
"I cant think of anyone else that's transforming landscape photography like this guy. When I look at one of his landscapes i'm literally drawn into the picture. Anyone can take a shot of a beautiful scene and take credit for the subject matter simply because they were there at the right time. However, I believe it takes a different skill to give that shot a life of its own. When I look at these amazing pictures I'm there, hearing the birds or smelling the sea. Totally captivating!"
19th December, 2006
"I love this photostream. His work is so unique and inspires me, he is one of my contacts i admire and look up to highly. I'm sorry i cannot say more, this is because everyone has expressed how i feel about your work and so many others...
Please for everyone's sake keep up your fabulous work.
25th October, 2006
"Such an amazing photostream. One of the best i have seen on flickr that goes beyone the limits of just everyday photography. Very creative and brilliant!!"
11th September, 2006
"Such amazing words and photography! There is a beauty in JHC's photos that is beyond comparision! So surreal at times I catch myself
sitting for long moments to absorb the feel of them. Keep up the wonderful work! Take the time to explore these fabulous photos!"
7th August, 2006
- February 2006
- Malibu, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Film Editor, Producer
- More JHC
- jasonjhc [at] yahoo.com