jessi.'s photostream Pro User
Happily married to Sick Little Monkey and living in Kansas.
- Mobile Phone Photography 121,307 photos, 5,165 members
- Android Photographer 39,839 photos, 3,363 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,419 photos, 1,332 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,655 photos, 1,680 members
- Welcome Back Mikey!!!! 7 photos, 49 members
- A Monthly Challenge - Christmas 992 photos, 77 members
- Windscape Kite Festival 222 photos, 12 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,262 photos, 1,352 members
- Half Nekkid Fridays (À poil !)-½ naked creative self portraits 3,191 photos, 695 members
- SuperSampler 20,561 photos, 2,506 members
- The Belly Button Collection 121 photos, 107 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 44,575 photos, 374 members
- Chihuly Art 10,414 photos, 1,321 members
- Polaroid Goop 1,824 photos, 621 members
- My Belly Hole 119 photos, 166 members
- Naturey Crap 78,848 photos, 3,013 members
- Vistaquest VQ1005,1015, 2005 & Genie III Keychain Cameras 14,912 photos, 1,561 members
- Objects for Layers -- Please read rules before posting 1,098 photos, 1,167 members
- Zombies, Zombies, Zombies! 32,733 photos, 3,583 members
- Textures for Layers 15,647 photos, 16,238 members
- The Office Thursdays 130 photos, 70 members
- McPherson, Kansas 67460 321 photos, 19 members
- Hood Rats 547 photos, 226 members
- Strobist.com 572,767 photos, 113,705 members
- ♥ Xelia and Brigid ♥ 86 photos, 10 members
- ttv whores 16,808 photos, 950 members
- 100 Strangers 35,196 photos, 8,926 members
- Wichita Photographers 27,127 photos, 670 members
- 365 More 47,427 photos, 220 members
- 2008: A Year in Pictures 24,012 photos, 395 members
- A Giving Year 59 photos, 59 members
- 365 (well almost) of RachelK 18 photos, 27 members
- Lock Whores 1,155 photos, 395 members
- Ratings and Contests Amos7 Group 482 photos, 514 members
- Pimp my Pixels 8,038 photos, 3,068 members
- 80's style Double Exposure portraits 48 photos, 154 members
- *barf!* 213 photos, 28 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 31,121 photos, 6,525 members
- circle of confusion 2,891 photos, 307 members
- tag whores 1,728 photos, 171 members
- rust whores 9,017 photos, 824 members
- line whores 21,273 photos, 1,431 members
- color whores 85,427 photos, 2,776 members
- As Eye See It 20,266 photos, 662 members
- polaroid whores 3,276 photos, 178 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 13,384 photos, 10,706 members
- Caffeinated Photography 3 photos, 7 members
- brick whores 4,670 photos, 362 members
- Doorways 1,794 photos, 199 members
- Grit is Good 6,313 photos, 266 members
"Jessi is one of the rare ones. A beauty in front of the camera, an artist behind the camera and a fun and interesting persona. She is one of the people here on flickr that has been a true inspiration to me and my own work, I believe, is better for having known her."
11th May, 2009
"Your pictures are fun and have alot of movement in them. Look forward to seeing way more! awsome work!"
21st February, 2008
Stephen Poff says:
"I've known Jessi for just a short period of time, but in that time she has won me over with how fun and charming her photos are.
After talking with her before her 365 Video Podcast debut, I went back to the beginning to see what she was all about. I found a budding young photographer that suddenly sprung to life within months and grew to be an exciting talent that despite her claim to not know what she's doing seems extremely competent technically.
Her photos are always fun and I look forward to seeing where she goes in the near future.
15th February, 2008
"Jessi is amazing. She looks a little like Joan Jett and her photographs are like kick-ass rock songs. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors, Jess....your creativity is an inspiration."
10th February, 2008
The Fuzzball says:
"How did I JUST now find this amazing woman? Her photos are droolworthy and I crave her gift with processing. She is a super friend, an AMAZING photographer, and the perfect hugsnorglesillybean. We should all be so lucky. I am so very happy to have Miss Jessi as a friend and I can't WAIT to wander north and get to meet her and the infamous James in person. Thank goodness for Flickr for giving people the opportunity to find their goofy counterparts all over the world!"
29th October, 2007
"Jessi has this amazing eye for taking small time, not really worth a second glance views and turning them in superfine, hyper real photos that really pop out of the screen. But the reason I mostly stop by to see Jessi? Her tags are some of the funniest, sweetest and cutest I've seen in a long time :) viva jessi!"
12th September, 2007
"one of the things I decided on when i started doing 365 days was that I did not have enough confidence in myself to take the same kind of shot over and over again. I knew that I'd just get bored of seeing myself in the same setting over and over. Jessi has somehow managed to avoid this. I don't know if she's bored with herself, but I'm certainly not bored with her. Amazingly she finds some way of making each and every shot different and creative while remaining thematically the same.
And her other, non-365 photography is amazing as well. Even if she doesn't think so, she creates just about the sexiest self-portraiture I've ever seen as well as some very inventive shots of other things and people as well."
8th February, 2007
Sick Little Monkey says:
"Jessi is really an amazing photographer with a keen eye and a natural ability to capture her subject creatively, be that people, paper clips, or herself. Along with a growing respect for her photographic abilities, I have also gotten to know Jessi as a person. She is simply amazing, a wonderful blend of beauty, humor, youthful exuberance, and humility. She actively comments on other's photos and always has fun, positive things to say. Her quirky sense of humor has had me cracking up on more occasions than I can count. I'm truly honored to have found her and count her as a friend. Now if she would just quit straightening her hair... :oP"
9th February, 2007
"I do believe that Jessi is one of the most natural photographers that I have ever come across. Her ability to capture an emotion, a color, a texture, or an event come through in every picture.
Well done and keep up the excellent work!"
18th January, 2007
"To call Jessi talented would be an understatement to say the least. Her photographs give insight to her wonderful personality and great sense of humor, not to mention a style all her own. I always look forward to her updates and could easily spend hours on her stream. You rock Jessi!"
15th January, 2007
"Jessi has a great eye for a shot, and she doesn't just do (awesome) self-portraits. Take a look further back in her stream and there's lots of excellent diverse shots.
She has made a unique style, and she's not afraid to be daring with it. Keep up the stellar work Jessi =D"
16th December, 2006
Fractal 00 says:
"What can i say about jessi .. one of my favourite Black and White photographers out there. I remember getting hooked on her profile when i first discovered it. She has a nice eye for things, and really knows how to frame her photographs. On top of that she is one interesting girl, manages to make me smile quite often :)"
23rd November, 2006
is a person with a nice, optimistic and colourful 'eye'.
One can tell so looking at her pictures.
I am sure she will have a steady progress.
She can impose fellings with her pictures.
Keep up the good work Jessi"
25th July, 2006
"Jess is simply amazing..she is so young and so talented.. her eye for composition is just amazing..she is a natural..her pictures are simple and stunning without any real post processing hoopla that we see these days..her knack for photography makes her look like a seasoned veteran.
She is also very generous and a great flickr friend who always cracks me up.
All i can say is that Jess rocks..
Keep up the great work and keep em coming! :)"
9th July, 2006
Norma Desmond says:
"Jess has an amazing eye (not just cause of her current icon; ))and captures the most beautiful photos that always make you stop and stay a while. It's the simplicity, the colours and the thoughtful composition.
Her blog is pretty good too..."
12th June, 2006
"She's only got a little camera -- and she's little too herself -- but she takes impressive photographs.
If you find yourself in Canada, look her up. She's got some interesting tales to tell. Like the one about the three zebras and the paperclip. That's my favourite."
16th May, 2006
wander aimlessly says:
"Jess always makes me laugh, and she laughs at me, which is good! She is also a very talented photographer and one day we are going to run away, like Thelma and Louise and have a Hell of a time!"
3rd May, 2006
love like blue says:
"How can someone as amazing as you not have a testimonial yet?
Ahem. Jess rocks my socks off, and not just with her stunning photography, though that certainly doesn't hurt. :)"
29th April, 2006
- January 2006
- USA (but I'm still a Canadian, dammit!)
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- freelance writer
- Jessi and James Prints for Sale