Photography is more than a hobby, it's a passion. It keeps me sane. It helps me see the little things around me rather than just the rush of the city.
If I can see it, I will probably shoot it. Most of my photostream is urban scenes, since that is where I spend most of my time. I have a soft spot for neon signs, especially vintage neon.
The images on my photostream are licensed under the Creative Commons. Take them, remix them, print them, enjoy them. If you want to use them for commercial purposes, just contact me and we can work something out.
You can find me various places around the web, usually as jeremybrooks:
When I'm not shooting, I make computers bow to my will. If you are a Flickr user, you might be interested in one of my projects, SuprSetr.
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 8,980 photos, 2,539 members
- Reykjavik@night 1,156 photos, 378 members
- Reykjavik 13,840 photos, 1,233 members
- Harpa - Harp - The concert hall in Reykjavik 167 photos, 51 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 126,710 photos, 5,977 members
- Hueless 499 photos, 38 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,300 photos, 7,440 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 4,250 photos, 419 members
- Berkeleyside 7,870 photos, 298 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 230,620 photos, 14,887 members
- iPhone 4S First Shot 1 photo, 1 member
- Vespaaah!! 19,479 photos, 1,678 members
- Objective Scenes 3,212 photos, 224 members
- Interlacer App 122 photos, 30 members
- Tagerator Tag Clouds 1 photo, 1 member
- Museum of Neon Art 550 photos, 104 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 3,726 photos, 251 members
- Feet On Muni 65 photos, 4 members
- Silver Efex Pro 37,977 photos, 2,181 members
- The Tender 3,151 photos, 144 members
- San Pablo Avenue 377 photos, 43 members
- WBUR: The Listener Photo Project 7,079 photos, 290 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 16,816 photos, 1,140 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 1,778 photos, 279 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX/PZ / 8x10 Color Shade Film 22,984 photos, 2,168 members
- Impossible Project Dark Slides 93 photos, 77 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 104,593 photos, 7,658 members
- TEMPORARY Transbay Terminal 134 photos, 43 members
- Hipstafanatics 33,959 photos, 717 members
- ONE car 948 photos, 22 members
- Mission District 13,818 photos, 735 members
- Friday Night Drinking & Shooting Club 3,031 photos, 245 members
- Cloud Junkie 231,248 photos, 19,614 members
- Transbay Terminal 1,151 photos, 136 members
- Neon Puddles 38 photos, 44 members
- SFist 59,676 photos, 1,366 members
- sfweekly 21,082 photos, 266 members
- San Francisco - Locals Only 9,554 photos, 367 members
- iPhoneography 310,108 photos, 11,380 members
- $2 Portraits 679 photos, 883 members
- Naturey Crap 79,015 photos, 3,012 members
- Arrow Signs 8,054 photos, 540 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 5,902 photos, 290 members
- San Francisco at Night 20,695 photos, 2,739 members
- Curbed SF 30,800 photos, 748 members
- 7x7 Magazine - Daily Hot Shot! 16,444 photos, 486 members
- Guess Where SF 29,382 photos, 1,597 members
- Flickr API 802 photos, 11,698 members
- Booze 'n' Bokeh 503 photos, 141 members
- Garish Houses 191 photos, 90 members
"jeremy really encouraged me to get back into photography. i always pester him with questions and he is not afraid to say "i don't know". but he knows A LOT. he has a great vision for urban and street photography, taking both the classic shots but also shooting things that i would walk by. so he is also observant. he is also a great guy and a friend of mine. i look at every picture that he posts up on flickr. i thank him now in digital format. well done kind sir
- mat aka Hugh Janus Photography"
29th September, 2010
"Jeremy takes some brilliant photos. That's all you need to know. Stop reading these testimonials, and start plowing through his stream. You'll find photos that will make you smile or laugh, and photos so good they'll hurt. You'll wish you'd taken them.
He's also a pretty nice guy, which is a bonus, but even if he wasn't, you'd still love his photos."
18th December, 2009
Anthony Citrano says:
"Jeremy has a great eye - maybe even two - and every time I surf his photostream I find great joy in seeing the world through his lens. His wonderful use of color, symmetry, and the just-plain-wondrous way of "noticing" the world make Jeremy a photog worth watching."
22nd January, 2009
Håkan Dahlström says:
"Jeremy is the king of neon. His street photography is amazing. I find inspiration from his photostream almost daily. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos."
20th January, 2009
"He takes photos of people in public places. I do the same thing. Consent is immediate when you leave your home!"
25th August, 2008
Thomas Hawk says:
"Jeremy captures the day in day out beauty of his world. He lives the life attached with camera beautifully all the way presenting us daily images of the world around him. Lucky for us so many of these images are the beautiful ones. Oh, and like me he's addicted to neon."
15th February, 2008
"You know those people who are just plain talented and do well at whatever they try? That's Jeremy. Of course, he would argue... but since he's my husband, maybe he'll let me win this one.
In the past, he was able to take some amazing shots with a point & shoot, finding ways to push its limitations. He is a firm believer and good example that photography is in the eye, not the equipment.
In early 2007 he upgraded to an SLR and it has helped his photography reach new heights. I'm always amazed by what he comes up with. He's an inspiring photographer and has taught me a lot. I love his work... and he's not so bad either ;)"
5th September, 2007
Gail Peck says:
"I first came across Jeremy's photos on the Panasonic DMC-FX3 nightime page and was in awe immediately. He has since moved on to a bigger camera with spectacular results. He is an inspiring photographer and wonderful contact. He has helped me innumerable times with technical questions as well. His attention to photographing details is a constant delight."
8th August, 2007
Andrew Møøre says:
"I first met Jeremy on a Photowalk with Thomas Hawk and the gang. At first I found it odd that a man with a point and shoot would come along and not be afraid of what he had in his hands. Personally I have nothing against point and shoots, people can come up with amazing photos with point and shoots just as well as someone with an SLR. I just found it amazing he had the courage to show up with one. Being that I hadn't looked at any of his photos during the walk ( we were both on the quiet side) I didn't know if he was good or average or what. When I got home I checked out his photos and was very impressed someone could come up with such great shots with a point and shoot. They were amazing, everything from macros to signs, buildings and wide angle views. He has it all, and now with his New SLR he has captured scenes even better than before. I love his work, he has taught me a lot.
3rd May, 2007
- Jeremy Brooks
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer