Photography is more than a hobby, it's a passion. It keeps me sane. It helps me see the little things around me rather than just the rush of the city.
If I can see it, I will probably shoot it. Most of my photostream is urban scenes, since that is where I spend most of my time. I have a soft spot for neon signs, especially vintage neon.
The images on my photostream are licensed under the Creative Commons. Take them, remix them, print them, enjoy them. If you want to use them for commercial purposes, just contact me and we can work something out.
You can find me various places around the web, usually as jeremybrooks:
When I'm not shooting, I make computers bow to my will. If you are a Flickr user, you might be interested in one of my projects, SuprSetr.
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 9,080 photos, 2,545 members
- Reykjavik@night 1,154 photos, 379 members
- Reykjavik 13,773 photos, 1,233 members
- Harpa - Harp - The concert hall in Reykjavik 166 photos, 51 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 126,948 photos, 5,985 members
- Hueless 505 photos, 39 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,296 photos, 7,432 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 4,270 photos, 421 members
- Berkeleyside 7,883 photos, 299 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 231,558 photos, 14,926 members
- iPhone 4S First Shot 1 photo, 1 member
- Vespaaah!! 19,468 photos, 1,677 members
- Objective Scenes 3,225 photos, 224 members
- Interlacer App 122 photos, 30 members
- Tagerator Tag Clouds 1 photo, 1 member
- Museum of Neon Art 550 photos, 104 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 3,726 photos, 251 members
- Feet On Muni 65 photos, 4 members
- Silver Efex Pro 37,917 photos, 2,181 members
- The Tender 3,153 photos, 144 members
- San Pablo Avenue 377 photos, 43 members
- WBUR: The Listener Photo Project 7,079 photos, 290 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 16,839 photos, 1,142 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 1,771 photos, 279 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX/PZ / 8x10 Color Shade Film 23,004 photos, 2,171 members
- Impossible Project Dark Slides 93 photos, 77 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 104,614 photos, 7,656 members
- TEMPORARY Transbay Terminal 134 photos, 43 members
- Hipstafanatics 34,030 photos, 716 members
- ONE car 950 photos, 23 members
- Mission District 13,820 photos, 735 members
- Friday Night Drinking & Shooting Club 3,031 photos, 246 members
- Cloud Junkie 231,526 photos, 19,686 members
- Transbay Terminal 1,151 photos, 136 members
- Neon Puddles 38 photos, 44 members
- SFist 59,753 photos, 1,366 members
- sfweekly 21,084 photos, 266 members
- San Francisco - Locals Only 9,557 photos, 367 members
- iPhoneography 310,654 photos, 11,398 members
- $2 Portraits 679 photos, 883 members
- Naturey Crap 78,989 photos, 3,011 members
- Arrow Signs 8,057 photos, 540 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 5,903 photos, 290 members
- San Francisco at Night 20,715 photos, 2,740 members
- Curbed SF 30,839 photos, 748 members
- 7x7 Magazine - Daily Hot Shot! 16,454 photos, 486 members
- Guess Where SF 29,392 photos, 1,597 members
- Flickr API 802 photos, 11,718 members
- Booze 'n' Bokeh 503 photos, 141 members
- Garish Houses 191 photos, 90 members
"jeremy really encouraged me to get back into photography. i always pester him with questions and he is not afraid to say "i don't know". but he knows A LOT. he has a great vision for urban and street photography, taking both the classic shots but also shooting things that i would walk by. so he is also observant. he is also a great guy and a friend of mine. i look at every picture that he posts up on flickr. i thank him now in digital format. well done kind sir
- mat aka Hugh Janus Photography"
29th September, 2010
"Jeremy takes some brilliant photos. That's all you need to know. Stop reading these testimonials, and start plowing through his stream. You'll find photos that will make you smile or laugh, and photos so good they'll hurt. You'll wish you'd taken them.
He's also a pretty nice guy, which is a bonus, but even if he wasn't, you'd still love his photos."
18th December, 2009
Anthony Citrano says:
"Jeremy has a great eye - maybe even two - and every time I surf his photostream I find great joy in seeing the world through his lens. His wonderful use of color, symmetry, and the just-plain-wondrous way of "noticing" the world make Jeremy a photog worth watching."
22nd January, 2009
Håkan Dahlström says:
"Jeremy is the king of neon. His street photography is amazing. I find inspiration from his photostream almost daily. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos."
20th January, 2009
"He takes photos of people in public places. I do the same thing. Consent is immediate when you leave your home!"
25th August, 2008
Thomas Hawk says:
"Jeremy captures the day in day out beauty of his world. He lives the life attached with camera beautifully all the way presenting us daily images of the world around him. Lucky for us so many of these images are the beautiful ones. Oh, and like me he's addicted to neon."
15th February, 2008
"You know those people who are just plain talented and do well at whatever they try? That's Jeremy. Of course, he would argue... but since he's my husband, maybe he'll let me win this one.
In the past, he was able to take some amazing shots with a point & shoot, finding ways to push its limitations. He is a firm believer and good example that photography is in the eye, not the equipment.
In early 2007 he upgraded to an SLR and it has helped his photography reach new heights. I'm always amazed by what he comes up with. He's an inspiring photographer and has taught me a lot. I love his work... and he's not so bad either ;)"
5th September, 2007
Gail Peck says:
"I first came across Jeremy's photos on the Panasonic DMC-FX3 nightime page and was in awe immediately. He has since moved on to a bigger camera with spectacular results. He is an inspiring photographer and wonderful contact. He has helped me innumerable times with technical questions as well. His attention to photographing details is a constant delight."
8th August, 2007
Andrew Møøre says:
"I first met Jeremy on a Photowalk with Thomas Hawk and the gang. At first I found it odd that a man with a point and shoot would come along and not be afraid of what he had in his hands. Personally I have nothing against point and shoots, people can come up with amazing photos with point and shoots just as well as someone with an SLR. I just found it amazing he had the courage to show up with one. Being that I hadn't looked at any of his photos during the walk ( we were both on the quiet side) I didn't know if he was good or average or what. When I got home I checked out his photos and was very impressed someone could come up with such great shots with a point and shoot. They were amazing, everything from macros to signs, buildings and wide angle views. He has it all, and now with his New SLR he has captured scenes even better than before. I love his work, he has taught me a lot.
3rd May, 2007
- Jeremy Brooks
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer