My first digital cameras were a Canon S2 IS, a Canon SD800 IS, a Canon S5 IS. Since then I have upgraded to DSLRs, the Sony A350, A550, and A57. For years my macro shots were usually shot with a Raynox DCR-250 macro adapter. I later got real macro lenses. When I want to get really close up, the Raynox adapter is still useful or I use extension tubes.
You can see from my sets, I like to shoot macros a lot. Here is what my macro setup looks like on my point and shoot Canon S5.
Another variation on attaching a flashlight.
And here is some of my DSLR stuff.
And my current flashlight solution.
Please respect copyright at all times. You can use my photos as your personal desktop wallpaper, but do not repost them to the web or claim them as yours. You are not allowed to post my work on wallpaper websites. If you blog one of my photos, the image must link back to my photo on Flickr and include credit. You cannot link to the large view of my photos because non-Flickr members will not be able to see it. I didn't want to do that, but I have had many images stolen or blogged improperly. The next step is uploading low resolution heavily watermarked copies. Don't make me do that.
I am willing to discuss the use my photos commercially or as artwork if you contact me about it. I have some of my photos for sale as stock photography at ShutterPoint and soon will have a few in Getty's Flickr Collection. I do not give permission to use my photos for free, for credit, or even for a good cause.
KDE 4.0 (a Linux desktop environment) includes four of my photos which were among the fifteen wallpapers chosen from over 2000 entries.
One of my light paintings was the basis for the default wallpaper for Ubuntu Linux 7.10.
I favorite far more photos than I comment on. I prefer not to leave tons of short "cool shot" comments so I favorite them instead. I comment mostly on those who frequently leave meaningful comments on my photos. I don't automatically make reverse contacts either. I keep my contact list manageable so I have time to actually keep up with my contacts photos.
Photos of jciv (2)
- Insect Identification Help Group 13,033 photos, 2,854 members
- Macro 3D 1,336 photos, 61 members
- Effected Cameras 3,128 photos, 287 members
- #Flickr10 8,252 photos, 1,272 members
- Trash Graff 314 photos, 88 members
- Dragonfly of the Day from the Dragonfly Gallery 1,471 photos, 130 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 307,029 photos, 10,703 members
- The World Up-Close (Nature Macro) 274,375 photos, 12,652 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 802 photos, 1,949 members
- flickr Black Day 1,699 photos, 1,047 members
- Moth Monday 315 photos, 49 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 189 photos, 33 members
- NO THANK YOU, flickr !!! 206 photos, 129 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 33,190 photos, 532 members
- Bellows 883 photos, 149 members
- Flower Themes - Week 438 - Anything Goes 61,757 photos, 3,647 members
- 4/3 Photography 60,163 photos, 1,578 members
- Olympus E-PL1-3/E-PM1 North American Shooters 3,935 photos, 359 members
- Aracné 4,166 photos, 511 members
- Yasuhara Nanoha 82 photos, 25 members
- Photography Essentials 1,316 photos, 67 members
- Sony Camera Club 182,464 photos, 12,791 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 284,492 photos, 42,485 members
- Historic and Old Photos 91,361 photos, 3,540 members
- Lynxes and Bobcats 3,684 photos, 658 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 4,422 photos, 227 members
- Moon/Luna 50,621 photos, 15,018 members
- Eclipses 2,107 photos, 699 members
- Moon lovers 17,728 photos, 3,099 members
- canon powershot sx120 8,561 photos, 518 members
- Entomology, Arachnology and Environment 4,059 photos, 181 members
- Neuropterans 706 photos, 98 members
- sea foam green 1,963 photos, 502 members
- Halloween Decorating 359 photos, 26 members
- October 10, 2010 1,817 photos, 2,531 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,320 photos, 1,787 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,951 photos, 1,588 members
- Halloween Front Yard Displays 1,900 photos, 159 members
- Adobe Lightroom 23,237 photos, 22,564 members
- Texas Spiders & Other Arachnids 188 photos, 17 members
- Aransas National Wildlife Refuge 112 photos, 18 members
- ID Please 8,259 photos, 835 members
- Sony α500 series 14,779 photos, 461 members
- Skulls 16,745 photos, 3,848 members
- Bones `n Skulls 13,922 photos, 2,362 members
- shopping carts next to brick walls 55 photos, 11 members
- Rubber Duck Collector's Group 1,534 photos, 185 members
- Cracked Earth 492 photos, 93 members
- Strobist Gear 22,355 photos, 4,162 members
- Flower Photography 703,472 photos, 31,389 members
Trim Reaper says:
"One of my idols here at flickr! Jciv's works really stand out above the rest! He has his unique way of making simple everyday things making them look extraordinary with his photos.
Keep those awesome photos coming, Jciv! :)"
17th August, 2008
Upul R says:
"A magician.. JC and his light voodoo...
2nd Steven Spielberg I know.........."
22nd August, 2008
JK FARMS says:
"jciv has become a great flickr friend. I am amazed on how he can take a simple object and make it into a beautiful masterpiece. He strives for perfection and always reaches that goal. His Macro's are beyond words and always takes my breathe away. I am honored to know him and to be able to see his pictures and learn from him.
jciv is an OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER."
5th March, 2008
"JCIV's photostream is one of the very first I "discovered" on flickr. I was knocked out by his beautiful images and also his perception of what is photo-worthy. His macros are simply beautiful; captured with precision and patience. And, to top it off, his compositions and sense of humor keep me visiting his photostream DAILY!
Wonderful stuff; a great contact."
28th November, 2007
"jciv's shots are masterful. From the crystal clear macro's to the insanely colourful landscapes - every shot is worthy of being an award winner! Truly a great photostream to get lost in... What a talented photographer! Keep snapping, and look forward to more great shots! All the best."
27th August, 2007
Pia's birdseye view says:
"jciv is always on the prowl for something interesting to put on pix to baffle us viewers with. I love it when he just posts a photo and ask us "Now, what is this, pray tell". His macro-series is pure art, with the EYE standing foremost. That was a real touch of genious, what a beautiful piece of art.
Then there is the obvious love for cats... Meaow!"
11th July, 2007
- July 2006
- Texas, USA
- I am:
- jciv's blog