I am now up to four cameras. A Canon S2 IS, a Canon SD800 IS, a Canon S5 IS, and a few DSLRs, the Sony A350, A550, and A77. For years my macro shots were usually shot with a Raynox DCR-250 macro adapter. I later got real macro lenses but when I want to get really close up, I still use the Raynox adapter.
You can see from my sets, I like to shoot macros a lot. Here is what my macro setup looks like on my point and shoot Canon S5.
Another variation on attaching a flashlight.
And here is some of my DSLR stuff.
And my current flashlight solution.
Please respect copyright at all times. You can use my photos as your personal desktop wallpaper, but do not repost them to the web or claim them as yours. You are not allowed to post my work on wallpaper websites. If you blog one of my photos, the image must link back to my photo on Flickr and include credit. You cannot link to the large view of my photos because non-Flickr members will not be able to see it. I didn't want to do that, but I have had many images stolen or blogged improperly. The next step is uploading low resolution heavily watermarked copies. Don't make me do that.
I am willing to discuss the use my photos commercially or as artwork if you contact me about it. I have some of my photos for sale as stock photography at ShutterPoint and soon will have a few in Getty's Flickr Collection. I do not give permission to use my photos for free, for credit, or even for a good cause.
KDE 4.0 (a Linux desktop environment) includes four of my photos which were among the fifteen wallpapers chosen from over 2000 entries.
One of my light paintings was the basis for the default wallpaper for Ubuntu Linux 7.10.
I favorite far more photos than I comment on. I prefer not to leave tons of short "cool shot" comments so I favorite them instead. I comment mostly on those who frequently leave meaningful comments on my photos. I don't automatically make reverse contacts either. I keep my contact list manageable so I have time to actually keep up with my contacts photos.
Photos of jciv (2)
- NO THANK YOU, flickr !!! 282 photos, 127 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 28,008 photos, 509 members
- Bellows 804 photos, 143 members
- Flower Themes - Week 395 - Daisy class of flowers 57,902 photos, 3,577 members
- Olympus E-System Community 372,995 photos, 10,474 members
- Olympus E-xxx Users 143,723 photos, 5,546 members
- Olympus Pen E-P1, E-P2 & E-P3 and All Other Olympus Pen Cameras 96,172 photos, 4,974 members
- 4/3 Photography 54,090 photos, 1,501 members
- Olympus E-PL1-3/E-PM1 North American Shooters 3,894 photos, 351 members
- Aracné 3,401 photos, 464 members
- Yasuhara Nanoha 55 photos, 21 members
- Photography Essentials 691 photos, 57 members
- Sony Camera Club 119,162 photos, 9,236 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 292,107 photos, 43,168 members
- Sony SLT A77 & A65 49,614 photos, 2,947 members
- Historic and Old Photos 80,179 photos, 3,430 members
- Lynxes and Bobcats 3,334 photos, 622 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 3,447 photos, 204 members
- Moon/Luna 47,000 photos, 14,677 members
- Eclipses 2,076 photos, 690 members
- Moon lovers 14,185 photos, 2,629 members
- canon powershot sx120 8,641 photos, 520 members
- Entomology, Arachnology and Environment 3,172 photos, 151 members
- Neuropterans 600 photos, 86 members
- sea foam green 1,722 photos, 503 members
- Halloween Decorating 339 photos, 27 members
- October 10, 2010 1,863 photos, 2,578 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,320 photos, 1,816 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 4,038 photos, 1,619 members
- Halloween Front Yard Displays 1,765 photos, 138 members
- Adobe Lightroom 21,368 photos, 21,336 members
- Texas Spiders & Other Arachnids 175 photos, 14 members
- Aransas National Wildlife Refuge 110 photos, 16 members
- ID Please 7,531 photos, 788 members
- Sony α500 series 14,196 photos, 449 members
- Skulls 16,746 photos, 3,759 members
- Bones `n Skulls 13,181 photos, 2,294 members
- shopping carts next to brick walls 54 photos, 10 members
- Rubber Duck Collector's Group 1,530 photos, 179 members
- Cracked Earth 477 photos, 85 members
- Strobist Gear 20,037 photos, 3,934 members
- Flower Photography 661,494 photos, 30,473 members
- Growing Up Star Wars: 1977-1985 1,038 photos, 1,525 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,802 members
- Getty Images and the Flickr Collection (closed) 81,633 photos, 2,663 members
- Wildlife Behavior Videos 872 photos, 90 members
- Canon Powershot S2/S3/S5 IS "How to......" 13,225 photos, 1,531 members
- PENTAX RICOH K-MOUNT DIGITAL CAMERA USERS (3p.Day) 154,924 photos, 4,027 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 847,366 photos, 44,307 members
- Christy Marie Fans 517 photos, 738 members
Trim Reaper says:
"One of my idols here at flickr! Jciv's works really stand out above the rest! He has his unique way of making simple everyday things making them look extraordinary with his photos.
Keep those awesome photos coming, Jciv! :)"
17th August, 2008
Upul R says:
"A magician.. JC and his light voodoo...
2nd Steven Spielberg I know.........."
22nd August, 2008
JK FARMS says:
"jciv has become a great flickr friend. I am amazed on how he can take a simple object and make it into a beautiful masterpiece. He strives for perfection and always reaches that goal. His Macro's are beyond words and always takes my breathe away. I am honored to know him and to be able to see his pictures and learn from him.
jciv is an OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER."
5th March, 2008
"JCIV's photostream is one of the very first I "discovered" on flickr. I was knocked out by his beautiful images and also his perception of what is photo-worthy. His macros are simply beautiful; captured with precision and patience. And, to top it off, his compositions and sense of humor keep me visiting his photostream DAILY!
Wonderful stuff; a great contact."
28th November, 2007
"jciv's shots are masterful. From the crystal clear macro's to the insanely colourful landscapes - every shot is worthy of being an award winner! Truly a great photostream to get lost in... What a talented photographer! Keep snapping, and look forward to more great shots! All the best."
27th August, 2007
Pia's birdseye view says:
"jciv is always on the prowl for something interesting to put on pix to baffle us viewers with. I love it when he just posts a photo and ask us "Now, what is this, pray tell". His macro-series is pure art, with the EYE standing foremost. That was a real touch of genious, what a beautiful piece of art.
Then there is the obvious love for cats... Meaow!"
11th July, 2007
- July 2006
- Texas, USA
- I am:
- jciv's blog