I am an educator, Internet marketing consultant, and photographer. Once, when I was a child, and lay in bed with fever, my father -- who was an avid photographer himself -- brought me a Agfa Gevaert Gevabox 6x9 camera to cheer me up. Years later, just after I had graduated from college, he gave me my first SLR camera -- the Ashi Pentax MX. As a result, I have been involved with photography at some level or another since childhood.
My current gear includes the Canon EOS 40D, the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, multiple Canon lenses, a couple of Canon speedlites, a couple of Alien Bees flash units, and several accessories.
I joined Flickr on Jan. 2, 2006. On my Flickr photostream, I strive to inject a sense of variety and generally avoid displaying consecutive photos of the same subject.
Here are what flickr considers my most interesting photos. (Opens in a new window.)
I grew up in India, but have now lived in the United states for more than half of my life. Many years ago, as an undergraduate engineering student in India, I spent a summer working as a research assistant for Clark Worswick, who was a member of the faculty at Harvard University and visiting India at that time for his research on the early days of Indian photography.
I consider myself fortunate to be able to find great delight and much contentment in photography, and I feel happy for others who do the same. So, to celebrate its essence, let me share with you a favorite poem of mine:
"Light, my light, the world-filling light, the eye-kissing light, heart-sweetening light!
Ah, the light dances, my darling, at the centre of my life; the light strikes, my darling, the chords of my love; the sky opens, the wind runs wild, laughter passes over the earth.
The butterflies spread their sails on the sea of light. Lilies and jasmines surge up on the crest of the waves of light.
The light is shattered into gold on every cloud, my darling, and it scatters gems in profusion.
Mirth spreads from leaf to leaf, my darling, and gladness without measure. The heaven's river has drowned its banks and the flood of joy is abroad."
From Rabindranath Tagore's Gitanjali.
Photos of Java Cafe (2)
- Delhi Photography Club 6,349 photos, 834 members
- PLANET EARTH - so beautiful **** P.1/A.2 4,085 photos, 530 members
- ***SEE ~A ~WONDER*** P. 1 - Award 3 *SWEEPER* Rule Break = BAN 13,829 photos, 2,385 members
- ! !^FAVTOP 0-19 FAV "- P1/-AWA FAVE2 !!!USE NEWCODES!!! 26,708 photos, 3,434 members
- Tilt-Shift Photos 1,970 photos, 472 members
- B&W 2,998,579 photos, 147,948 members
- through a glass, darkly 53,853 photos, 7,819 members
- Windshield Perspective 1,988 photos, 172 members
- Drive By Photography 11,509 photos, 797 members
- Flickr Tilt Shift 6,949 photos, 987 members
- Tilt-Shift 1-2 Miniatures (Post 1, Comment on 2) 13,593 photos, 3,649 members
- Tilt-shift Miniature Fakes 66,846 photos, 19,522 members
- Tilt-shift miniature style photos 6,221 photos, 1,316 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. an invite only group (P1/A2) 29,341 photos, 2,195 members
- ! * Only birds from around the world * ! P1/C2 11,600 photos, 872 members
- AWESOME BIRDS ! (Post 1 - Comment 2) - SWEEPER IS ACTIVE NOW! 27,404 photos, 1,995 members
- Our Wonderful and Fragile World - Invite Only - Post 1/ Award 3 24,023 photos, 1,259 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 41,805 photos, 5,046 members
- Bird Perfect/Each Photo By Invite Only 11,076 photos, 2,134 members
- Tunnel show 1,923 photos, 242 members
- Tunnels 4,111 photos, 1,503 members
- Tunnel Vision 8,132 photos, 1,830 members
- The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel Shells 39 photos, 9 members
- **Just Fav** Post 1- Fav 3 + Award 3 (Admin invite only) 2,681 photos, 329 members
- Bright colour 33,312 photos, 1,220 members
- Venus Transit 2012 254 photos, 94 members
- Arizona Elite 3,023 photos, 132 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row guidelines) 76,559 photos, 5,165 members
- Arizona Passages 14,120 photos, 1,012 members
- Butterflies Only (P 1 - Compulsory!! 3 awards) 5,121 photos, 681 members
- Views: 25,000 898 photos, 906 members
- The Himalayan Regions 2,810 photos, 232 members
- The Portrait Group 2,058,591 photos, 130,625 members
- Indian (Close-Up of 1 Face) Portraits!! [Only the Very BEST] 4,513 photos, 573 members
- A Simple Pleasure 773 photos, 41 members
- Buddhist Temples World wide 33 photos, 9 members
- L1* La passion de l'image (P1 A3 Sweeper) 25,446 photos, 1,698 members
- C'EST SI BON! GOLD AWARD/GROUP CLOSED 80 photos, 44 members
- International CONTEST group 16,966 photos, 1,352 members
- Add Colors to Life..** 580 photos, 56 members
- C'EST SI BON! SILVER AWARD-GROUP CLOSED 607 photos, 241 members
- Pacific Northwest 259,922 photos, 7,444 members
- C'EST SI BON! BRONZE AWARD -GROUP CLOSED 14,155 photos, 1,237 members
- Bata 262 photos, 41 members
- Mount St. Helens 2,388 photos, 424 members
- স্বপ্নদুয়ার (The Door to The Dream) 4,820 photos, 425 members
- Planet - Earth (Post - 1, Comment - 1) 18,308 photos, 1,182 members
- Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 33,424 photos, 1,604 members
- **Unseen~India** Post 1 - Comment 1 24,586 photos, 1,436 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,067,610 photos, 72,073 members
"Jhinuk NEVER ceases to amaze. A producer of beautiful photography, a great person to be around. He is just an all-star."
15th October, 2006
"Jhinuk produces wonderful images full of color and beautifully composed, and I enjoy looking forward to seeing what he will frame next. Having met him at a show in which his photography was on display, I also learned he's a very friendly man, eager to discuss photography and gracefully compliment others around him. He's an asset to the great community that is Flickr."
4th October, 2006
"Jhinuk: A friend and fine photographer.
It is easy to look at a lot of photographs on Flickr, and talk to the photographers, but Jhinuk is a special breed. Maybe it is because of his compelling information regarding, and fantastic images of India (not to mention stateside images); maybe it is because we joined about the same time, and started commenting on one anothers' images--there is a bit stronger of a connection, at least to me; or, maybe it is because he seeks the critical eye and feedback from which all artists grow…
Discussions of subjects ranging from level horizons to the philosophies of dynamic range increase, Jhinuk has discussed the technicalities and aesthetics of photography. Always learning, always improving, never fearing to tackle a different photographic facet--it has been a fabulous time watching the quality build and genre diversify as his photostream grows.
Thank you for your genial correspondence and openness."
10th September, 2006
Jeff Clow says:
"Jhinuk (aka Java Cafe) is one of the finest photographers I've had the pleasure to meet via the magic of Flickr - and one slide show through his photostream will confirm that fact. What you won't get by simply looking at his photos is an understanding for the true generosity of the man - who has left hundreds of comments and positive feedback for his fellow Flickr shooters. That attention to being sure others receive commendation for their work is what REALLY makes Jhinuk a stellar star within the Flickr constellation.
Flickr as a community is enhanced by the presence of Jhinuk ....both through his comments and his photos....and we are very fortunate to have him as a leading light here at the site."
22nd August, 2006
"Jhinuk is one of my first and best Flickr friends. His photo entitled "Spun silver (a.k.a. Platinum cascades)" was the first to draw me to his photostream and remains to this day one of my very favorite images on Flickr. We all lead busy lives, but I always enjoy carving a few minutes out of the day to see what he has added. His nature photography is outstanding; I have learned much by observing his images and techniques from afar. His thoughtful commentary on images submitted by myself and others has improved my eye and skill as I try to learn this craft that he has such a gift for. Make sure you always make time for the Java Cafe photostream, your day will certainly be better for it! I love this Flickr community, and it is people like Jhinuk that make it what it is!"
29th June, 2006
Is in born with the Knowledge of Art of Lights & Color.
I am totally impress with his skill & creativity in presenting his work & multi talent & sharing with all of us here.
All his work is so excellence that, I just cannot single them out.
He keep inspiring many on the web for all his master pieces.
I encourage you to network with him & discover more.
You are a great friend to have......"
11th June, 2006
Supriya O says:
"I'm delighted to write this testimonial for JC. He is, undoubtedly, one of the most talented photographers on Flickr.
You will be stunned by the diversity of subjects in his photostream. I'm particularly in awe of his exquisite nature shots. He is one of those gifted photographers who is adept not only in nature pics but also portraits.
I really admire his work and appreciate his encouraging comments.
If you want to see some quality photographs, do visit his photostream. Surely, you won't be disappointed."
9th March, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Professor of Marketing, Web Developer, Photographer
- Digital Voyages