I am not a photographer.
I look at the work of some people on Flickr and see a style that carries through all of their images, no matter what the situation or subject. I feel like I am grasping for a style of my own, a way of taking pictures that when you see them you recognise them as being mine. I often look at my front page and, while liking the images individually, see them as a fragmented collection.
As my photostream grows I do see a trend developing in the images that 'make it', that become popular. But these are often results of accidents rather than design. I also see a trend developing in the images that are not so popular, and that is a good thing too.
Flickr is challenging me. It is making me open my eyes and really look at the world around me. It is as if I have been walking around with a mist covering my vision for the past ten years, and Flickr has come along and removed that mist and allowed me to really see.
When I say Flickr I am of course really referring to the other photographers I have found and been introduced to through the website. Spread all over the world and showing me so many different ways of seeing. At first I found this slightly overwhelming, but the encouragement and positive feedback I am getting is helping me trust my instincts and believe that what I am doing is OK.
For the first time in a long time I want to get out there and see what I can see. I take my camera with me everywhere, and everywhere I go I find myself really looking at what is happening around me.
Photos of Jasmic (7)
- Views: 10000 3,680 photos, 3,031 members
- Views: 25,000 893 photos, 905 members
- Cooking.com 9,980 photos, 843 members
- All about Trees, Arboriculture, and Tree Care. 14,741 photos, 1,564 members
- Riisli Gallery 10,645 photos, 1,140 members
- York 24,943 photos, 1,964 members
- *Flickr's BEST* - SERIOUS Photographers - Post 1/Comment 3 144,041 photos, 5,577 members
- Colour Mania 65,076 photos, 9,439 members
- In the Memories' Book (Textured Images - INVITE ONLY!!!) 21,408 photos, 1,849 members
- All Favourite Photos 28,527 photos, 3,339 members
- 5 for 2 4,618 photos, 1,329 members
- Colorful World: BLACK & WHITE DAY 26,329 photos, 1,620 members
- Views: 5000 6,129 photos, 3,724 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 38,056 photos, 4,752 members
- Digital Photo Magazine (UK) 1,284 photos, 76 members
- Favorites: 60 2,826 photos, 1,983 members
- Rate my photoshop~ PLEASE RATE 3 PHOTOS BEFORE YOURS 11,988 photos, 2,109 members
- Weser, Werra, Fulda (and Nebenflüsse/confluents) 2,593 photos, 259 members
- Textures for Layers 15,647 photos, 16,239 members
- Noise, textures and layers results 11,369 photos, 1,401 members
- Views: 4000 3,073 photos, 2,891 members
- NinianLif's texture addicts 26,467 photos, 3,684 members
- Monthly Scavenger Hunt 109,753 photos, 3,866 members
- 10+ Faves (10-24): P1, aw & fav 2 on the 2 newest pages 17,292 photos, 6,309 members
- Zero+ Faves (0-9) - Post 1,Com.& Fave 2 or your pic will deleted 23,765 photos, 5,222 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,892 photos, 494 members
- Photo of the Photographer: Camera must be in photographers photo 3,530 photos, 504 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 99,652 photos, 7,056 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 3,718 photos, 765 members
- Photographic Art Legacy - ADMIN INVITE only! 21,864 photos, 5,734 members
- Views: 3000 5,259 photos, 3,636 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 462,379 photos, 34,321 members
- Favorite Land- and Seascape Pictures 58,646 photos, 6,135 members
- Remembrance Day, Veterans Day & War Memorials 20,016 photos, 3,103 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 32,694 photos, 5,501 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 40,339 photos, 11,413 members
- *Game - Vicki's Nature Wins Monthly *GameOn! 25,469 photos, 1,500 members
- Flickr♥It's a Beautiful LIFE! ♥ Nature*Moments*Emotion 53,283 photos, 1,961 members
- Black and White Dreams 39,039 photos, 6,602 members
- Favorites: 50 6,549 photos, 3,347 members
- COLLAGES 28,821 photos, 3,127 members
- Favorites: 45 1,977 photos, 1,670 members
- Memorials 11,204 photos, 951 members
- Art in Black and White 123,615 photos, 8,795 members
- The Dictionary Of Image 4,263 photos, 1,587 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 821,616 photos, 51,830 members
- Stolpersteine 1,024 photos, 149 members
- MAGIC OF A WORLD IN MACRO/add 1 comment on 2 66,160 photos, 5,237 members
- worldwidewandering - a travel atlas 367,903 photos, 5,861 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 292,591 photos, 43,201 members
VJ Spectra says:
"Jason is a fantastic member of the flickr photo community. He is a very generous guy and is always around to leave a nice comment when it is deserved. His photostream has some very cool shots and he obviously has an excellent knowledge of photography."
18th December, 2007
"In a Flickr world where some people are hoarding views, faves and "awards" by extreme-processing photos into postcards from hell, its always a great pleasure to visit Jason's photostream as a contrast. His photos are interesting, often inventive, and always worth the time. He's not one to brag about it, but unlike many of us, he actually has some proper photo education as well. :-)
Having him as a contact is a sheer pleasure, too - both the privilege of watching his photostream evolve from the front row and receiving his non-cliché comments on my photos.
Overall I know him as a great guy, both as photographer, a contact and a co-admin for some groups."
23rd May, 2007
"What can I say about my big brother.
He's slim (ish),
Yes he's balding, but he is doing so gracefully.
He has two fantastic kids, who I am proud of.
He has a brilliant wife, who I envy.
He has an eye to take a brilliant picture, and I hope one day he will show me how.
My big brother is so talented, I just hope some of it will rub off on the rest of the family (TEE HEE)
Watch this space, cos no doubt there will be some more fantastic pictures to come."
20th April, 2007
"This is a very brief summary of my friendship with the good man Jasmic. I could go on (and on) for page after page, but I'll try to keep this brief and to the point.
I met Jason in September 1980 when we both started at Slough Grammar School For Boys. He was at that time a scary lanky tall person with a shock of mad ginger-blond hair and National Health turtleshell spectacles (often broken and usually repaired with plasters), and I was somewhat wary of him and his exuberant ways.
For reasons I can't even now explain, we became friends very quickly.
However, I do know that he became my Best Mate in April 1985 when he saved my life when I was fast succumbing to hypothermia during a hike along the Ridgeway in Oxfordshire in dreadful weather.
From that date onwards, through the various trials of adolescent and then adult life, and the adventures we undertook together, and the growing-up we both shared, somehow the bond between us has remained unbreakable.
We both started to take photography seriously at around the same time, and we remain fiercely, but quite amicably, competitative. Although I must admit I've been rather slack in the last ten years, and I've got a lot of catching up to do!
This bloke is worth watching. He's funny, too, and I count myself very fortunate indeed to be able to call him a friend."
19th April, 2007
"Jasmic's photos are always a joy for me to look through. They always have so much life, emotions, and feelings in them. It's truly like stepping into his shoes when I look through his photostream. It's also an absolute joy every time he comments on my photos. He has an enormous amount of insight and kind words. I'm very glad that we have stumbled into each other in the big world of flickr."
18th April, 2007
"Serendeipity at its best... coming across this endlessly varied photostream... from sleeping puppies to aged cattle skulls and artistic ferns and dreamy ferris wheels... the refreshing creative vision goes on and on. As the saying goes, "And so the sage wanders"... Jason wanders and wonders at life and we all win through his Flickr photostream.
Almost as a bonus, Jason shares the most interesting commentary asides with most of the shots and he also comments thoughtfully on others' work.
Jason, keep up the endlessly fresh creativity with your eyes."
15th March, 2007
"first i thought i would write a "flickrmail" to jason, than i changed to the testimonial, ´cause i think that everybody who is interested should know. i would to say "thank you" for your comments and for your attention at my pictures. you wrote in your profile that "Flickr is challenging me. It is making me open my eyes and really look at the world around me." when i see your pictures, it is true..."
6th December, 2006
- June 2005
- York, England
- I am:
- Male and Taken