I took few pictures with SLR in Greece ’87. I left Poland in 86, visited Greece for year and a half … than, I moved to Canada – the warmest province British Columbia. I really like my corner of this great country – Vancouver. City with ocean, mountains, river, forest and so much more. Professionally I’m techie in telecom company ( Optinet Systems ) – techie, project manager, sales … anything. I’m workaholic in some way. I needed a hobby… so I got Digital Rebel and it started.
Now … 3 years has passed and I’m on my 5th Canon body ( 5D Mark II ) , bunch of lenses , my 3rd bag ( Slingshot 350 – the biggest ) . Few months ago I joined CAPA (The Canadian Association for Photographic Art) and proud member of Surrey Photography Club. This “hobby” have taken all my “free” time , my house looks like someone detonated small nuclear device , my garden just opposite …. It’s reversing back to nature.
Thank you all for all comments and friendship – I do appreciate this so much , I have been nowhere without your kind words. Now when I’m fully sucked in by viewfinder please if you could take a moment at critique the images , I will be grateful for the any points and suggestions.
Thank you again for the time you have spent with me ….. Janusz
If you wish to use my images please contact me first
janusz at optinetsystems dot com
The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer.
.... Author Unknown
Something about HDR
Please , if you want to complement , don’t tell me “ Nice HDR ” . I like the technique but to replace the physical limitations of the sensor. I don’t create “HDRs” , I do create images . I use the technique with conjunction with overlaying single exposures and everything else to create what I have in mind. I never tell people “ this is straight from the camera “ , no it very seldom is. It takes good images to start with and sometimes hours of work. I want to get as much from nature as possible. When we travel , we are not always lucky enough to get perfect light , weather , sky …. and not always waiting for the perfect setup is in our power. I try to help ….
Thanks you for spending time with me .
I’m located in beautiful Vancouver , Canada. I do run HDR presentations and workshops.
Website ( under construction )
If you like to join me on Facebook - please attache quick email
Facebook – photography www.facebook.com/pages/Squareview/200026730012417
Major Awards :
2008 – Surrey Photography Club , Photo Expo - Judged 2nd Place , Slide Show
“ Gaudi ”
2009 – Delta Photo Guild , Invitational Print Challenge - 1st place
2010 – Lions Gate Camera Club , Celebration of Nature Photography 2010
- 2nd place General Nature Mention & 1 of “ Best of show”
“I Believe in Angels”
2011 - North Shore Photographic Society, North Shore Photographic Challenge -
Individual Honourable Mention
2011 - Lions Gate Camera Club , Celebration of Nature Photography 2010
– 3rd place General Nature Mention & 1 of 4 in “ Best of show”
“ Double Arch After Sunset”
2012 - North Shore Photographic Society, North Shore Photographic Challenge -
“Darwin Award Moment Horseshoe Bend of Colorado River”
2012 - Lions Gate Camera Club , Celebration of Nature Photography 2012 - Honourable
Mention & 1 of 4 in “ Best of show” – 3rd place General Nature 29.9 points
“ Earth wind and Water”
- Stop & Comment 1,078 photos, 420 members
- ღ The Czar Collection ღ ~ Admins only Group 274 photos, 80 members
- Lynn Canyon Park 123 photos, 45 members
- Vittorio's World ~ by invitation only ~ P1/A2 6,935 photos, 694 members
- ``IN TOUCH WITH NATURE``/p1/c2 37,112 photos, 2,949 members
- *The Three Angels* LEVEL 3: Golden Angel (P1-A3) Closed! 11,038 photos, 1,788 members
- *Qualified Members Only* - Level 2 (P1 - A5) Closed 7,996 photos, 1,324 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 10,768 photos, 1,192 members
- Vision sound 25,173 photos, 1,571 members
- Exquisite Aircrafts 1,761 photos, 23 members
- The Master Light Painter 50 + Faves 9,384 photos, 770 members
- Canyons of the World 3,989 photos, 971 members
- Antelope Canyon 5,379 photos, 1,121 members
- Jigsaw Shots 7,556 photos, 361 members
- BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPES Level #1 *Award 5* SWEE- ZERO TOLERANCE 5,821 photos, 965 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 1,054 photos, 630 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 14,811 photos, 1,519 members
- Top 25 Nature's Beauty 26 photos, 722 members
- Black Rose Dragon Award (P1 A3 Sweeper) 666 photos, 444 members
- Supreme Pictures 779 photos, 88 members
- GreenScene**** ~ [ post 1/award 2 ] 14,226 photos, 1,000 members
- Your Preferred Photo ♠3-COMMENTS, Please!!!♠ 18,574 photos, 1,468 members
- ! * BLUE BY YOU! ♣ Azul por Você! ♣ Blue par Vous! P1/C2 12,008 photos, 1,262 members
- LET'S CLEAN EXPLORE 42,468 photos, 1,534 members
- ! VAN GOGH AWARD ¡ (Post 1 / Award 2) 71,700 photos, 2,822 members
- Croporamas 893 photos, 273 members
- **Love It!** L1 Post 1/Award 3 ~ Congratulations Winners 55,819 photos, 2,555 members
- Escrita com Luz 2 (por convite/3 comentários; P1/A3) 2,459 photos, 502 members
- Escrita com Luz 1 (P1/A3) Moderated Group 4,725 photos, 659 members
- Wetlands of British Columbia 519 photos, 87 members
- Vertoramas 13,088 photos, 1,873 members
- AIDAREH GROUP COMENTA 3 FOTOS - Tarjetas de Felicitación . 69,821 photos, 3,345 members
- Everything about Zebra,Stripes and Geometry 26,522 photos, 3,825 members
- U.S. National Parks 128,856 photos, 12,517 members
- GRANDES FOTOS 4,933 photos, 86 members
- Commented "Good Composition" 13,709 photos, 1,272 members
- Tus mejores fotos, tus fotos preferidas 5,975 photos, 170 members
- Vivo por la Fotografia (Post 1 - Award 3) Sweeper Activado 73,349 photos, 3,440 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 25,070 photos, 2,416 members
- Relax - it's sunday! P1/C1 32,794 photos, 809 members
- The Sun Is Drawing 24,517 photos, 4,838 members
- Flickr Balloon Award (Post 1 & Give 2 Balloons) 158,372 photos, 7,875 members
- ++ ENERGIA POSITIVA ++ 123,263 photos, 4,288 members
- paololivorno'sfriends ( Post 1 - Award 2) 112,801 photos, 5,030 members
- Professional landscapes 146,795 photos, 6,661 members
- Level 1 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) Re-opened 40,953 photos, 2,923 members
- THE Unforgettable Landscapes - P1/ AWARD 2 46,494 photos, 5,583 members
- *♥*WORLD HEART Award*♥* (Post 2 / Award 3) 186,062 photos, 8,219 members
- ♥♥♥ THREE HEARTS AWARD ♥♥♥ P1A1 41,786 photos, 951 members
- * Double Star Award * Post 2 & Award 3 48,123 photos, 760 members
"I think Janusz L is a wonderful photographer with an excellent sense of humour as often shown in his comments under his spectacular photos. He has a deep and strong appreciation for life in general, for his photography especially, and this shows in all his photos. I love that he enjoys, loves and appreciates his "new" country and city of choice to live in now, but appreciates every part of the world he has lived in or gone to see. I look forward to viewing anything Janusz posts as it is always so interesting and beautifully done."
12th June, 2011
Word Beasty says:
"I could talk about your photos for a very long time. Most of the "rules" used in photography I see you follow. One key ingredient throughout almost all your work, and done perfectly I must add, is the way you use lighting. Slightly underexposed, most likely off a tripod with slow shutter and stopped down. Really adds ambiance and emotion to your work. You do absolutely superb work and have a beautiful eye for composition. Please tell me you use Photoshop and these shots are not simply amazing with no assist. If they are not "tweaked" I may give up photography forever as your work makes me feel really inadequate. Truly impressive images and thanks for sharing."
26th August, 2010
"You say light can move you .... then you give us that vision using your incredible gift of capturing that light, so that it indeed moves us. Beauty one sees with the heart. Thank you for sharing your vision.
I spend time wandering through your stream with my jaw hitting the keyboard. Each piece you share seems to be precisely orchestrated to play music for our eyes. You my friend are inspiring! You truly have found your passion.
I am so pleased you chose this end of the world to call home. I was born, raised and still live here and I know that Vancouver really IS the best place on earth.
When life gets tough sometimes, all we have to do is go outside and see the beauty before us and then we feel better. You know what I mean.
Thank you janusz, I need to get over to the Surrey club one of these days to see you and your work in person.
Cheers, Joy in Langley."
23rd December, 2009
Kris Kros says:
"Janusz is one of my dearest friends on flickr. His images are so easy to love. In viewing his stream, you can see the dedication and devotion in his photography.
And the best thing about this guy, he is a true friend.
And I am one proud friend of Janusz."
1st December, 2009
"Po pierwsze ma serce
Po drugie ma oko -dobre oko
Po trzecie ma talent
Po czwarte "to cos" :) co jak kompas prowadzi na tereny warte fotografii-jego fotografii
i ta mieszanka i wiele wiecej daje niesamowite zdjecia :)
10th August, 2009
"ABSOLUTELY Beautiful stunning photography!
Inspiring work and a great encourager as well!
Blessed to have him as a contact!"
19th February, 2009
Mystic Deer says:
"Janusz was one of the first people I met when I joined Flickr in Nov/08. He has proven to be a great friend and support. His landscape,archetectural, and night photography are second to none and I view him as Vancouver's best photographic ambassador. Another admirable quality is that Janusz will go to just about any length to get an image, whether it's entering the murky water under a pier at night, or driving great distances. His latest project is photos from Ireland. I always look forward to getting glimpses of the world throught Janusz"s brillient eyes."
15th February, 2009
Chicago Love says:
"Janusz my friend your work is an inspiration to me. I don't think anyone captures reflections, color and light quite like you do. Your angle is always clever and your hdr work is brilliant! Keep Shining!!"
24th January, 2009
- Janusz Leszczynski
- October 2006
- Boleslawiec - Poland
- Vancouver BC , Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Account Manager - Network Services
- Square View