Thank you for taking the time to visit my profile.
I'm an established landscape photographer based mainly in the Peak District but when time and money allows I love going to the places farther afield.
Living within a hour of most parts of the Peak District it is my local stomping ground and you'll find I take most of my images here.
I have won a few awards already which include:
Visit Peak District and Buxton Festival "A Breath Of Fresh Air" photography competition 2010 with:
Action photo competition, judged by Leo Houlding for trail magazine:
And also winning photo of the week for Lloyd's TSB weather competition with:
You can also find my monthly column in the Derbyshire Magazine and pick up regular contributions with Outdoor Photography and also provide images on occasion to reflections magazine.
Finally, I really appreciate it when someone leaves a comment that shows they have actually taken my work in. While I appreciate all comments, the words "great shot" comes to mind when I feel some people may be posting that just so they look at their stream. I appreciate it can be time consuming and I don't always write as much as I could, but those few extra words go a long way. I'd rather have 10 people really appreciate my work than 100 people comment on it and I am sure you would too :)
All images are copyright © James Grant 2012
Photos of James G Photography (1)
- Cyprus Troodos Mountains 2,347 photos, 338 members
- Flickr Calendar 2014 2,603 photos, 1,326 members
- Wild Camping UK 1,352 photos, 237 members
- Astronomers Talk 10,223 photos, 1,480 members
- Astronomy Photographer of the Year 14,403 photos, 3,813 members
- Light Junkies 91,550 photos, 13,639 members
- Wire Wool 4,887 photos, 802 members
- Cityscape and urban scenary 65,148 photos, 2,550 members
- THE NEX-7 GROUP 37,267 photos, 2,008 members
- London Lovers 31,989 photos, 2,928 members
- London buildings 57,249 photos, 3,344 members
- London Night Life 17,697 photos, 3,289 members
- London 758,578 photos, 32,673 members
- London Streets 39,191 photos, 4,200 members
- The Official Sony A77v 30,927 photos, 775 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 2,348 photos, 1,736 members
- [Star Trails] 13,582 photos, 3,855 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 38,242 photos, 2,723 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 27,581 photos, 3,135 members
- Yorkshire Dales (National Park) 22,462 photos, 1,570 members
- Yorkshire 123,074 photos, 3,535 members
- Derbyshire edges. 847 photos, 49 members
- Isle of Skye 14,924 photos, 1,759 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 47,893 photos, 2,982 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 37,958 photos, 1,868 members
- GREECE ΕΛΛΑΔΑ Ελληνικά - best of 7,015 photos, 217 members
- Peloponnese - Greece 7,335 photos, 426 members
- Sand/Sea/Sky/Sun : The Four Fantastic ( Invitation ) 9,426 photos, 980 members
- NATURE'S BEST 865,048 photos, 22,200 members
- Landscape Exhibition 24,208 photos, 9,914 members
- EarthShots.org Entries 11,184 photos, 769 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 69,331 photos, 4,900 members
- Nature, wildlife, and the great outdoors 157,433 photos, 3,948 members
- GREECE! 119,510 photos, 7,998 members
- Lincolnshire Photographers 30,050 photos, 409 members
- Lincolnshire 37,166 photos, 851 members
- Lincoln UK 13,645 photos, 479 members
- Lincoln, England 9,617 photos, 311 members
- Peak Photography Competition 2011 186 photos, 77 members
- VisitEngland 9,630 photos, 457 members
- Peak District National Trust 897 photos, 35 members
- Sony UK 32,140 photos, 2,127 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,903 photos, 23,175 members
- Sony Camera Club 161,464 photos, 11,757 members
- I Love Black and White! 994,617 photos, 45,573 members
- The Lee 10 Stop 'Big Stopper' & B&W 110 13,485 photos, 2,011 members
- The Best of Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 10,578 photos, 712 members
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 69,729 photos, 6,822 members
- WalkingForum.co.uk 594 photos, 30 members
- Peak District Activities 2,524 photos, 91 members
The Shiba says:
"James is a young photographer whose naturally developing talent knows no bounds.
Dedicated to his art, I have watched his photo-stream in awe, as his skill advances.
I met him at the award ceremony for the 2010 Buxton Photography Competition and he was a worthy winner, streets ahead of the rest of us in the pack; he was like a breath of fresh air amongst the establishment.
Youth is certainly on his side and I have little doubt that having stormed thought landscape imagery we will see a tremendous artist develop in other fields.
Lead on James, I am honoured to be amongst your contacts and friends."
25th November, 2010
- James Grant
- March 2010
- Pinxton, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Single
- James Grant Photography