If this is anything it's my life in pictures, or at least my thoughts.
I take photographs all the time.
I am prone to hyperbole.
My books at Blurb:
Felt In Passing
she just wants to be
Also, I have a Tumblr: Dream of America:
- Land Empire 1,097 photos, 1,364 members
- the art of unsophisticatedness 999 photos, 217 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 42,028 photos, 3,754 members
- I <3 35mm 975 photos, 105 members
- FeelScape 8,427 photos, 567 members
- Finding Lost Time 4,626 photos, 466 members
- Goodbye Blue Sky 2,444 photos, 171 members
- the defiant eye 10,524 photos, 191 members
- BW Autoportrait 1,288 photos, 257 members
- Tributo a Francesca Woodman / Tribute to Francesca Woodman 3,375 photos, 552 members
- We have a plan 3,950 photos, 723 members
- toy camera ohio 639 photos, 22 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX/PZ / 8x10 Color Shade Film 22,955 photos, 2,168 members
- MidWest Black and White 873 photos, 42 members
- Better than Very Good or Excellent 3,477 photos, 121 members
- Фотографија / Photography 8,557 photos, 304 members
- Oh Film! 105 photos, 11 members
- sHIT....show 15,788 photos, 889 members
- My heart profoundly fluttered, my soul's eye grew clear... 10,652 photos, 555 members
- The D-Photo 50,386 photos, 2,045 members
- Pure Melancholy (Invite Only) 1,216 photos, 104 members
- a "gotta see" 5,696 photos, 436 members
- I enjoy contemporary photography! 7,631 photos, 383 members
- parti_mag 1,611 photos, 526 members
- TheNeonDinosaur 697 photos, 109 members
- Cookies & Cream 1,460 photos, 3,408 members
- indie tattoos 143 photos, 177 members
- LOMOs to POLAROIDs 1,692 photos, 103 members
- A Stop 15,120 photos, 2,128 members
- Why.are.you.not.so.happy? 631 photos, 88 members
- Portrait World (人像世界) 103,692 photos, 3,535 members
- Engram: A Memory Trace 32 photos, 12 members
- Tree Abstractions 906 photos, 125 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,354 photos, 7,835 members
- please bury me here 3,627 photos, 1,256 members
- ∆ Elemental ∆ 13,339 photos, 917 members
- asleep on a train 621 photos, 378 members
- The simpler . the better 22,530 photos, 1,191 members
- magic, colors, wishes and beauty 6,370 photos, 1,476 members
- Shutter Crack 20,110 photos, 2,650 members
- Passionate about Film Photography? 3,450 photos, 136 members
- Equus 10,938 photos, 532 members
- I Reflections I: self reflected shots >I< 160 photos, 40 members
- Global Portraits 428 photos, 40 members
- Film Noir 4,308 photos, 1,140 members
- No Lies... 132 photos, 14 members
- the forest the fire 6,485 photos, 614 members
- PETOB (People for the Ethical Treatment of Bokehs) 5,083 photos, 246 members
- Beautiful light in the bathroom 142 photos, 59 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 298 photos, 63 members
"Best self portrait artist that I've ever seen. I love her style and beauty."
5th November, 2010
vague blur says:
"I keep stumbling on her pictures,
Keep fallen over some,
How much better it is."
10th October, 2010
"Jaci is the Queen of Self Portraits. I don't even know what to say except for, I love her work so much."
20th May, 2010
Elena Gal says:
"Here is where i come when i often need to be reminded how wonderful life can be.
Here is where i find a seamless kind of soothing beauty that just makes perfect sense to me.
And here is where i found the seeds ..for a friendship i am dying to explore."
11th May, 2010
"You are pretty cool. And by 'pretty cool', I mean incredibly gorgeous and talented. I very much admire the beauty and grace you exhibit in your self portraits. Jaclyn, you are truly a feminine visionary!
20th November, 2009
crack jackson jr says:
"here is where a poetic champion composes.."
2nd October, 2009
"I was bored, so I decided to check out Jaci's stream. Hers are the best self portraits I have seen on this god forsaken site. I encourage anyone to take the time to see all of her photos. They don't get boring as no two photos are alike. Thank you Jaci."
11th July, 2009
"all of your photographs are magic.
over-the-moon-and-beyond kind of magic"
13th June, 2009
"A long time ago, I attended Viscom grad school in Athens, Ohio...
Being from Detroit, The small towns and back roads of Ohio were exotic to me, and I used to drive through places like Lima and Wapokaneta and Millersburg and Tipp City with my stereo blaring Tom Waits songs and wonder what it was like to be in such strange and beautiful places in the heart of the heart of the country.
Jaci's pics make me crazy nostalgic for those days...."
10th June, 2009
"Wow! I'm just now delving into the work of Jaci Sue and I'm very impressed. This is an incredible collection of rich and compelling images. The images say a great deal without feeling too deliberate and too specific, they can truly be enjoyed on many different levels. I'm looking forward to exploring her work further and seeing what she comes up with next."
7th June, 2009
"Based on what I've seen so far, I'd say she was pretty darned good."
23rd May, 2009
"Jaci's sets are the first I've ever encountered that honest-to-goodness took my breath away. What an incredible talent."
21st April, 2009
"jaci sue is a professional "make everything look like magic"-ist."
6th May, 2009
Jesi Jean says:
"Her pictures are like dandelions blowing in the breeze."
2nd December, 2008
"Jaci Sue is the cool girl with her camera that you can't help but notice as she takes photographs of her world. And when you gaze upon the images that she creates, you know that you are in the presence of something special. She possesses wisdom and thoughtfulness that are deep and far-reaching.
Through a landscape, an empty street, or the sky above... she becomes the very embodiment of time and place. Her photographs are your memories, your dreams, and your very existence.
Her stunning portraits are themselves human emotion. She brings you into her world through her connection to the quiet, the ethereal, and the mysterious. And you know that you belong.
And you breathe deep, and you realize that along with her profound vision, she is still that cool girl with her camera. A wonderful friend who is witty and kind. It is truly a pleasure to know her."
26th September, 2008
Olaf Growald says:
"Inventive, introspective, demonstrative; thoughtful, evocative, personal.
A professional through and through, she's not afraid to take a chance. Jaci takes you into her personal space like you are her closest friend. Do not miss her work!"
2nd September, 2008
#anne# (busy!!) says:
"This woman has never taken a bad picture. Her work is magic."
28th July, 2008
"Through images that bring you into her spirit, Jaci gives us what she is rather than what she sees or what she creates. She does not create anything; She is the thing. She is a shaman woman with roots in the forest, the vision of crows. Her flesh is soil. Her mouth is the sky. She is Ohio; a place of subtle scale and quiet moments where the Zen of the muse is finding poetry in the mundane. There is little drama here in what can be seen. The message is what is implied in the wordless tones of a voice that quietly chants ancient rhyme. It sings in the damp, thick, fragrant air drifting out of a woodland marsh across a cornfield under a hazy, weepy, pastel sky. It is a subtlety of sublime, almost static vision in a landscape that even in its most tumultuous moments is ultimately predictable and a culture that seems to change at the speed of rust. To photograph this place you have to connect to it. It doesn't reach out and grab you but rather it ignores you and makes you chase it and listen to it and wait for it. The beauty of Ohio is the beauty of quiet patience and persistence and soft affection. Never does it beg for attention. Instead, it allows you to be softly enchanted and it absorbs you."
20th June, 2008
manuel diumenjó says:
"I remember the day I landed at Jaclyn Sollars work. It was completely random and casual, somewhere else, I paused very long time in one of her incredibly immense, silent and sad locations. That same day I reviewed all her stream and I realised I was in front of a complexe, complete, and obviously not common A R T I S T .
That same day I asked her to exhibit at the *****contrasted gallery, and also started believing in love at first sight. If somebody can fall in love with P H O T O G R A P H Y, I declare myself guilty.
Thank you, Jaclyn"
22nd February, 2008
"Jaci Sue's work is beyond words, and appropriately she rarely titles her images.
The images have such a 'zen' quality about them, that I always feel I am too loud to even comment on them, as much as I love them.
It seems better to leave them there in silence, as they speak more clearly alone and do not need the help or flattery of words.
The quiet mystery in her work is consistent through all her images, showing a deep personal feeling for what she is showing. In the ordinary and the mundane, the profound emerges.
Many artists try to show the amazing, the profound, the spectacular, the strange, and to show how good a photographer they are. But in Jaci Sue's unpretentious yet beautiful images, the quiet and the unknown speak directly, as it is this part of nature that needs to speak in silence, ultimately revealing a secret, often in a soft blur of foliage, or far away sky, or forgotten corner of an abandoned lot.
The images speak of longing, of memory, and the soft blur between the two, often making them indistinguishable."
14th September, 2007
"Jaci Sue has perhaps the most consistently mind blowing body of work i've ever seen on flickr or any other sight. She is one of the very few artists out there that truly interjects a piece of her soul in every shot she takes. Her love for the fantasy AND the reality of what she sees through her lens is evident in every shaft of light, every shadow, and every detail of every shot. She carries a purity rarely seen among this vast sea of pretentious "artists." And yet she possesses a wisdom that speaks for itself. I feel emotionally connected to every photo she takes because i know that she really means it. It is an honor to be able to experience the world through her eyes. And to soak up every possible ounce of her immaculate incandescence."
15th August, 2007
- Jaclyn Sollars
- September 2006
- Miami County Ohio
- I am:
- Female and Taken