I try to take pictures that can help educate and inspire people on the wonders of the world, both natural and cultural, and with any luck I can make people want to travel more or just be outside.
I've had my first DSLR since January 2010, and I am enjoying the fact I'm now limited by my knowledge of my equipment rather then my equipment limiting me. Still, I must thank my trusty Kodak z612 for 3 years of service.
Most all of my images are as they came from the camera, with the more recent ones being tunned RAW conversions.
It's not that I disapprove of photoshop, I just prefer to create the most visually accurate account of what I saw.
Obviously I like to hike and be outside. And good for me I found a job where I do those things while teaching kids.
If you have any questions or would like to use some of my work for any reason I'd be happy to respond via flickr mail.
I have yet to say no to someone using my work for educational purposes... that is after all a large part of why I take pictures in the first place. I'd just like to know so I can learn from what ever it is you're doing too.
visited 39 states (78%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Free iphone travel guide
- /r/photography 2,956 photos, 717 members
- Cuenca 3,473 photos, 316 members
- Segovia 7,516 photos, 732 members
- CÓRDOBA - España 8,764 photos, 735 members
- Granada 77,005 photos, 3,738 members
- Sevilla 37,044 photos, 2,772 members
- SINTRA - Património Mundial | SINTRA - World Heritage 4,734 photos, 534 members
- Lisboa 74,291 photos, 5,124 members
- Guimarães 988 photos, 105 members
- Portugal 115,679 photos, 6,027 members
- Galicia 38,192 photos, 2,014 members
- Coruña 18,117 photos, 963 members
- Escaleras/Stairs 41,491 photos, 7,148 members
- stairs 25,244 photos, 4,341 members
- stair porn 3,153 photos, 651 members
- Camino de Santiago 18,426 photos, 1,495 members
- Lighthouses of the World 65,255 photos, 10,614 members
- Lighthouses of the world / Faros del mundo 2,610 photos, 810 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 100,924 photos, 17,034 members
- lighthouses //// faros 8,662 photos, 1,693 members
- San Sebastian 3,632 photos, 339 members
- Donostia 16,489 photos, 1,030 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 16,920 photos, 1,214 members
- NICE, FRENCH RIVIERA ! 4,812 photos, 471 members
- MONACO ! 5,542 photos, 776 members
- Roman Empire 38,104 photos, 2,301 members
- Arles 3,243 photos, 274 members
- Carcasonne 1,226 photos, 116 members
- Andorra 9,871 photos, 470 members
- France image 308,715 photos, 11,311 members
- Just Geodes 149 photos, 23 members
- Spain 221,934 photos, 8,443 members
- South Dakota 18,645 photos, 981 members
- Wyoming "The Cowboy State" 12,260 photos, 578 members
- Montana Photography 29,231 photos, 1,445 members
- North Dakota 16,356 photos, 593 members
- Steps 'n' Stairs **NO PEOPLE** 14,881 photos, 4,269 members
- AEOE 21 photos, 3 members
- Basketball 49,408 photos, 4,175 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 162,879 photos, 8,004 members
- Capital cities around the world - Damn: READ WHAT IT'S ABOUT!!! 46,642 photos, 1,847 members
- Liechtenstein 1,189 photos, 148 members
- Stadiums 31,900 photos, 2,975 members
- Just Windows! 126,864 photos, 14,179 members
- Villages and small towns of the world 40,031 photos, 3,594 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 69,954 photos, 4,899 members
- Czech Republic 62,513 photos, 2,429 members
- Church Exteriors 129,830 photos, 9,277 members
- Church Interiors 98,631 photos, 7,466 members
- Repubblica San Marino 1,060 photos, 223 members
"This will be my second attempt at a testimonial for this particular guy with a camera. Though beautifully crafted and accurate, the previous entry was deleted in the same way all the important shit from Nixon's White House tapes was deleted. We all know what was said, but someone conveniently sat on the record button. How that applies to this technology I don't know, but you get the idea.
I'm not exactly sure why every fool that can spend $200 on a camera and gets free equipment like tripods from really nice people needs to post pictures. I'm equally confused as to why American Idol was ever on the air, and about why cheese is so awesome. But thinking about these things serves no purpose, as they are what they are. Facts. And you can't dispute facts. Especially when someone calls them facts. That's what makes them facts. That's a fact.
I lost my train of thought again. Anyway, there are pictures and there are photos. One is more important than the other, only I'm not really sure which is the more impressive term. Whichever it is, these are not those. These are the kinds of pictos (pictures + photos = photures) that I like to spend my time glancing at when I have spare bandwidth to waste at the end of the month. It's like slumming, only I don't get solicited for drugs every other block.
Aside from that, I think we could all learn something from J-Fish here. And that's that we have too much time and we should probably use it more wisely. I suggest using the time to write a congressman. Not necessarily your congressman, but a congressman. Some of them don't get any mail and are made fun of when they meet the rest of their fellow mail-getting congressmen in the Senate. I'm sorry, I meant to say when they meet the rest of the congressPEOPLE in the Senate. Silly me.
In conclusion, I think it is important to install a four way stop at the interesction of Chestnut Ridge and Willow Ridge because sometimes I have to wait for more than one car to turn left, and that's not fair."
21st July, 2008
- February 2007
- Rochester NY
- San Jose CA, USA
- I am:
- Environmental Education Specialist... that's the "formal" title for what it's worth