Hi my name is Ivonne. I'm a photographer and this is my work. Thanks for visiting!
A bit about me:
-A walking contradiction that doesn't mind getting lost now and then-
-if you want me to see your work it's better that you add me as a friend. I only add most as a friend if I'm really interested in their images. Makes sense to me. Also if you add me as a friend and I add you back, you may see some images from campaigns that are not on air yet that I've been shooting.
*Ever since I could remember I've wanted to be Annie Lebowitz and work for Rolling Stone magazine. I still admire Lebowitz even if my dreams have mutated a bit.
*Favorite photographers include:
Henri Cartier Bresson, Annie Lebowitz, Irving Penn, Cindy Sherman, Joyce Tenneson, Sarah Moon, Anton Corbjn, Man Ray, Andrea Modica, Mary Ellen Mark, Herb Ritts, David LaChapelle, Ansel Adams, Mario Testino, Richard Avedon, Sebastiao Salgado, Loretta Lux... (and this list will grow because there are some names that escape me right now)
Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/ivonnecarlophoto
*I am convinced that when I was little, I levitated. I am certain of this because if I hadn't held onto my mailbox, I would not be here today to tell the tale.*
*My favorite artificial flavor in the world is grape because it's purple and its tangy*
*Someday I would like to travel the world and photograph every step I take.
*I have never been to Alaska or Hawaii.
(and many other places for that matter)
*Check out some of the groups I made:
* Utterly Surreal
* All Tomorrow's Parties
* Funny Ha Ha!
* Playing Pretend
* You are cordially invited to visit my web page: www.ivonnecarlo.com
or my photoblog.ivonnecarlo.com
- Decisive Moment 69,549 photos, 22,565 members
- The 4th of July 3,786 photos, 525 members
- Über Hipstamatic 12,982 photos, 296 members
- Hipstamatic 292,422 photos, 16,648 members
- Hipstamatic Random Addicts 7,271 photos, 577 members
- Iphone Hipstamatic 20,005 photos, 896 members
- LM - Loop magazine (please read rules before posting!) 579 photos, 359 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 76,991 photos, 15,293 members
- DISOBEY: Global Civil Disobedience Thru Public Art Action 21 photos, 961 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,535 members
- Anglophile 4,855 photos, 256 members
- Space and Time 46,880 photos, 6,138 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 14,889 photos, 5,363 members
- An Art Opening 7 photos, 370 members
- rainy day, dream away 1,146 photos, 280 members
- Unique Flickr 16,733 photos, 1,693 members
- THE WiLDHEARTS 1,504 photos, 121 members
- WATERMANIACS ~ I already was a FISH!!.. and I want to be again! 1,013 photos, 342 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 589,449 photos, 25,933 members
- Pink 2008 21,158 photos, 8,844 members
- THE WORLD’S LEADING YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMMUNITY 13,635 photos, 1,404 members
- Young Photographers 1,952,596 photos, 77,605 members
- LIGHTROOM 4 43,573 photos, 1,981 members
- Party Girls 5,617 photos, 3,413 members
- Bansky 133 photos, 213 members
- Semana da Fotografia São Paulo / Photo Week São Paulo 1,945 photos, 1,599 members
- Spin Magazine 945 photos, 255 members
- Headless Holgas (and Dianas!) 631 photos, 237 members
- CLOSED GROUP! 3,167 photos, 838 members
- ART FOR PEACE 14,210 photos, 1,332 members
- Land Rover Life 3,713 photos, 1,894 members
- A Scanner Clearly (Polaroid - Lomo - Analog - Black and White) 20,345 photos, 570 members
- Blackbook Session 1,230 photos, 273 members
- Fuck You! 444 photos, 429 members
- Riding On The Metro... 1,552 photos, 209 members
- Accidental Happiness 1,419 photos, 137 members
- Top 20 Photojournalism 23 photos, 1,166 members
- Plus+ 17,235 photos, 1,432 members
- Banksy 23,956 photos, 21,328 members
- FOODz 730 photos, 129 members
- GURU - High Quality Image 219 photos, 138 members
- night on earth... 20,247 photos, 1,515 members
- Polaroid Apocalypse 3,892 photos, 403 members
- Blurvision video 364 photos, 239 members
- Save Polaroid Film!! 6,231 photos, 534 members
- Partial black and white group (without restriction) 6,276 photos, 1,780 members
- LomoKev WE ♥ U 207 photos, 279 members
- Camera GROUP 30,982 photos, 3,185 members
- NON-ORDINARY 145 photos, 37 members
- So Tacky Magazine 699 photos, 244 members
"Ivonne you are an amazing and very sexy lady, wonderful collection, thank you for share it, I like your photos a lot, please keep the great job.
Love and Kisses.
24th January, 2008
- Kemaha - says:
"Far too talented! Her stream is just classy and stylish fullstop. I really do admire her and wish my work were at the same level. One day maybe...."
23rd May, 2007
"simplemente excepcional, y lo mejor de todo, es BORICUA!"
14th July, 2006
Regina Retina says:
"Somehow, someway, Ivo's pics inspired me to buy my first camera. Her keen eye for style, the beautiful colors she captures and her sensibility are traits that I both admire and envy.
Talking about 'admiration' (is that a word?); I admire Ivonne's drive and how slowly -but surely- she will get to be Puerto Rico's most sought after Fashion Photographer.
20th June, 2006
todd terry says:
"I don't really know IvO.
I just sent several msn's messsages, or flickr's messages.
I saw all her flickr's photos!
She's a very good, a REAL photographer.
I like her work
I'd like to meet her to share ideas/tools.
Congratulations IVO and see u soon !
19th October, 2005
"I could live in her photostream...she has a style and grace that is as warm as a blanket fresh from the dryer...happy as a puppy in the morning...pretty as a sleeping four year old child...sensuous as only a lover can know..."
25th August, 2005
"She is one of the most talented photographers I've ever seen, she may take "agressive" shots, as she can take the smoothest picture allways with an inmaculate technique.
Definitely I am an Ivo's declared fan-from-hell.
22nd August, 2005
"Ivonne takes some really amazing pictures. Her photo 'Veil' is one of the most dynamic images I've seen on flickr, and I love her fresh viewpoints. Someone else said it's like sin tickling the innocent, that's very true, but I like to think of it more like shadow dancing with color, on a stage of suspended emotion."
18th August, 2005
"Great photos. She has a great spin on life. It's like sin tickling the innocent. Her photos have dark and mysterious type nostalgia to them. I enjoy looking at such a fine tuned photo stream."
29th July, 2005
"I think when I was little I use to float down the street with her :)"
25th April, 2005
"Incredible array of styles, with such honest clarity. Always more to notice in her images than you first think.
22nd April, 2005
"If you are reading this, then you are at Iv´s profile. Well, consider yourself blessed for that very reason. She is one of those people you won´t meet but a few in your life. She is a bit of everything and yet she has outstanding skills at anything she is up to and always know how to give her very special touch. I think her magic relies in two atributes that she mixes in a witty exact combination: intelligence and love. She is so very clever, thus so professional, and so very loving, thus so artistic. And all that wrapped in a wonderful bubble of *great* humor. A total role model. A great woman, indeed. I am happy to have met you, girl.
Avanti morocha!!! =D"
2nd March, 2005
"Ivonne : Multi-Inspirational"
23rd February, 2005
"Spunky and Funky.... iv0 sees all. And she is a cryptic palindrome for "0ui"."
21st January, 2005
"Ivonne clearly loves people. Her photos capture many aspects of being human: love, fear, curiosity, affection, joy. Her lens looks into the souls of her subjects (including herself) and leave me glad for having stopped by to look."
20th January, 2005
"iv0 seems to have the Midas touch. Whatever she captures with her camera turn to an indubitable treasure."
2nd January, 2005
ALEX FOUQUET says:
"She's the first one I really meet on Flickr ...I'm so lucky because she introduce me too all of u ...and she comment a lot of my picture so she give me this push to go further...
I like her photo and specially the last nude serie ...She have her style ...I'll say funky !!!
Too U my funky girl ...Continue your good creation ..."
23rd December, 2004
Velvet G says:
"Whether she's behind the camera or in front of it, Ivonne's pictures are always amazing. She definitely has her own style and it's as unique as she is.
I always look forward to her new pictures and I'm learning new techniques by watching the way she does things.
She's gifted... and I'm having fun watching everything she has to offer."
4th December, 2004
"It surprises me that Ivonne has not exploded yet. I am not sure how so much talent can be contained in one body."
29th October, 2004
- Ivonne Carlo
- October 2004
- New York City
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Photographer/Editor/Underwater Basketweaver
- Ivonne Carlo Photography
- Yahoo! IM:
- AIM (AOL IM):
- MSN Messenger:
- mysyntheticdreams [at] hotmail.com