i believe my photos are simple and honest. little or no enhancements or modifications are utilized. while i may be technologically ahead of the curve within my profession, once outside the office i need help programming my cell phone. my third grade teacher was correct, "ira is a bright boy, but he can't follow directions." the more things change, the more...
as of may, 2008, i have begun using a canon powershot S5 IS. it no longer fits in my pocket, but it does enable me to spread my wings a bit. i briefly considered/deliberated the purchase of a dslr, but my life is complicated enough already. and i am simply not yet ready to devote more time, energy and braincells to what to this point has been an enjoyable hobby
i do make what i believe is a more than reasonable effort to visit the photostreams of those whose work i admire and comments i appreciate. to that end, i periodically add to and delete from my lists of contacts, as well as keep the number of groups to which i belong to a manageable number. if you like my modest contribution to the flickr community, simply comment on occasion and i promise to return the favor. thanks for stopping by. ira
-a decent eye for composition
if one is interested in the purchase of prints, any or all of the images are available for a nominal fee. all proceeds go to charity
Photos of itucker (1)
- World`s Nature Gallery 19,862 photos, 1,771 members
- Jaden's Garden 4,283 photos, 593 members
- Colored Petals' Garden+.Voting Gallery 4 14,619 photos, 1,134 members
- ***Addicted to Flower!***(Post 1+Comment 3)*SWEEPER ACTIVE* 54,921 photos, 5,206 members
- Your best Photos on Flickr P 1-A 2 Invited Pic Only /Sweeper on 7,542 photos, 569 members
- Every day is Happy Bokeh Day ! 179,790 photos, 13,190 members
- Nature's Carousel - (Invite only) - Post 1 Comment 2 141,714 photos, 7,431 members
- .*♪• La mia Sonata ~ by invitation ~ P1/A2 24,634 photos, 784 members
- Butterfly dreams.. by admin invitation ~ P1/A2 11,108 photos, 913 members
- OH NO, NOT ANOTHER FLOWER! (AWARD 3) 22,794 photos, 1,846 members
- *DREAM 2009-2013* 63,064 photos, 4,178 members
- ~♥~Cherish Your Dreams and Visions~♥~ 55,836 photos, 3,348 members
- Hockey 25,308 photos, 2,486 members
- Mama's Bloomers ~**(CLOSED FOR 2 WEEKS VACATION) ** ~ (P1- C2) 33,377 photos, 3,061 members
- * F l o r / Admin Invite 7,092 photos, 300 members
- !Addicted to Nature!(Post 2-Award 3)Sweeper Active 155,300 photos, 7,418 members
- !!Macro♥Lovers!( Post1+Comment 3 )*Sweeper Active* 35,938 photos, 4,004 members
- Happy Flowery Friday!!--Everyday~~~ 13,462 photos, 1,000 members
- LIZA'S Enchanting PHOTO-GARDEN!! (QUALITY-Photos ONLY!) 36,511 photos, 6,504 members
- Dragonfly Awards * Post1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 553,379 photos, 24,033 members
- GRRREAT WORKS.... Post ONE Photo and give 2 COMMENTS, PLEASE!!! 73,785 photos, 4,319 members
- LA FLOR MAS BELLA (Only camellias) 16,340 photos, 2,002 members
- DIAMOND HEART (Post 1-Comment 3) 291,880 photos, 14,019 members
- Macro Flower Lovers - (P1C2) 99,079 photos, 10,196 members
- FABULOUS FLORA (Close-up & macro) READ THE FRONT PAGE! 27,234 photos, 3,180 members
- The Bold Flower (Invitation Only) 18,833 photos, 3,497 members
- Fl♥ckr Extraordinary Capture - Post 1 Comment 3 145,844 photos, 7,808 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 717,428 photos, 23,867 members
- Far and Away the Best (Invited Images ONLY) 33,798 photos, 7,241 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,431,247 photos, 82,264 members
- Oh that's good! 64,949 photos, 2,131 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 181,440 photos, 22,095 members
- "FRIENDS" P1/A2 518,908 photos, 13,282 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 290,854 photos, 29,422 members
- TIO's "Seal of Approval" (Invited Images Only) 8,288 photos, 828 members
- Flowerotica - Post ONE (1) COMMENT & AWARD 3 23,168 photos, 7,207 members
- Photos of QUALITY to Smile About /POST 2 COMMENT ON 2 228,514 photos, 15,387 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 286,471 photos, 42,673 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,820 photos, 39,374 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only)-Post 1/Fave or Comment 2 491,625 photos, 62,963 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 34,194 photos, 7,558 members
- "A" Class (Please,comment 2) / Pls, Comment immediately. 519,997 photos, 21,755 members
- MY WINNERS P1/A2 / WINNERS NOW SHOWING 972,097 photos, 86,577 members
- Raleigh 18,824 photos, 1,301 members
- carolina hurricanes, players and caniacs 1,163 photos, 60 members
Thank you for sharing your fantastic picture's and thank you for being a great friend :))
9th August, 2011
Blue Saffron Skies says:
""Ira is an amazing talented photographer as you can see his work speaks for itself.
His photos are perfectly composed with an eye for mastering excellent detail, as well as wonderful use of light and colors.
His photos are wonderful, brilliant, and spectacular, drawing the viewer into the picture frame leaving them with such a wonderful captivating feeling.
He truly loves nature and has the ability to capture it in it's finest.
Ira's trademark is in his exceptionally superb titles. Spectacular and unique, naming just a few, from suggestive, poetic, passionate, to the fun filled dry sense of humor that we all love about Ira.
He is a fine perfectionist and an inspirational photographer to me and to those who know him.
His photostream is versatile, ranging from gorgeous flower shots, to beautiful butterflies, spectacular landscape scenery, and I even found some beautiful artsy photography while browsing his photostream.
A hidden secret maybe? ; )
He is a kindhearted and sincere friend with a wonderful sense of humor. I always look forward to his wonderful, witty, and upbeat comments. I sure do enjoy my Ira fix as he always brightens up my day with laughter.
Ira is an incredible asset to the flickr community, his contacts, friends, and future friends.
If you haven't checked out this amazing talented photographers photostream I strongly suggest you stop what you're doing, grab yourself a little something to eat and drink and take the Hottie Ira tour. You won't be disappointed.
Thank you Ira, I'm proud to call you my friend. :-)
~The friends we meet on the path of life make the trip worth while~
Hugs and Stuff,
Keep on rocking it B-Boy Style!
5th July, 2009
"Ira has exquisite photos, full of passion and creativity.
I am always amazed at the beauty he finds. Ira possess exceptional talent and skill. His pics are spectacular, lush and elegant. I love his suggestive titles~
His photo's show ingenuity, balance and a great sense of composition. Each one is unique in its own way and each is truly amazing!
Ira takes time to look at your photo and leaves a comment that only he can leave; fun, suggestive, tantilizing. I look forward to reading Ira's verbal flowers, as he picks up on my titles meanings and runs with it.
"An artist can transform the world in poetry, simply with his delicate eye and his creative soul."""
5th July, 2008
"Ira is a dear Flickr Friend for such a long time now.
A nature lover...shares his fantastic photographic experiences with us in a most delightful way. It is wonderful to spend time on his amazing stream...makes you want to take a time off...to be out there...enjoying the beauty of his wonderful surroundings.
Just check-it-out. You will know what I am talking about.
Ira, thank you so much for this and for positive and encouraging comments on my stream. Love reading them...always.
9th August, 2007
"Viewing Ira's photos is a little like taking a vacation. He brings the best of his experience back to share with us. He frequently gives me little hints, that enhance my own photography. This is the joy of flickr, that one can share the beauty of life with others. Thanks, Ira"
2nd August, 2007
"Ira's pics are full of life. His images are always eye candy especially his flowers!! A kind and gentle soul that shows through in the photo stream!
Thanks for being a part of the Flickr Family~"
12th July, 2007
"Ira's pics are always a pleasure to view. His macro photography of various flowers, plants and natural still life "virtually" make my day all the time! Take your time and see what I mean."
2nd April, 2007
Gail Orenstein says:
"Ituckers work-well simply put, beautiful. Since my photogrpahy is a world of chaos, I find coming here like a walk through a Buddhist Temple. I leave always wanting more!!! But I know it was well worth the trip.
22nd October, 2006
"Sometimes I write testimonials because someone is a great photographer and other times I write them because, someone is very kind. Itucker just happens to be both. He has beautiful sets of flowers that are a definite "must see". My favorite set is the driedels. He has a wonderful collection. They are all unique and beautiful.
He is thoughtful and generous with his comments. I have enjoyed crossing paths with him and you will too."
1st August, 2006
- ira tucker
- May 2006
- cary, nc, usa
- I am: