An amateur, both in the financial and skill sense of the word.
I like photos that tell stories - political, environmental, personal, social, educational, and I aspire to do this sort of photography.
I also like photos that pull me into the place - make me want to be THERE, NOW:
I like ones that bring sounds and smells and gritty life to mind:
Or make me laugh out loud:
Bubble_4 By Oceano Mare
I like photos that educate with beauty - about a journey, a place, a condition. I love macro and nature work that uses primarily ambient light, but steps out of the postcard realm.
I am climbing the learning wall with my Nikon D200. I'm sure it's more than I need, but I hope to grow into it.
I find so many of your photos so fascinating and I've happened upon photographers all over the world.
I'm open to friendships anywhere! Feel free to drop me a Flickr mail! I'd love to hear from you, and find out what interested you about me or my photos.
visited 20 states (8.88%)Create your own visited map of The World or another interesting project
This is what happens when you move around and have family all over the country, and drive alot to get to places:
I'm Male and I sincerely doubt anyone really cares if I'm single or not. But if you want to know, just ask.
- California Coastal Geology 37 photos, 2 members
- montara 98 photos, 18 members
- Ocean Beach, SF 4,435 photos, 573 members
- plumb tired but feeling flush 1,185 photos, 310 members
- Botanical Bokeh 716 photos, 78 members
- GLASS ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES 127 photos, 36 members
- Science in pictures 3,504 photos, 734 members
- Coastsider 2,090 photos, 96 members
- March Against Monsanto Worldwide 722 photos, 31 members
- State of the Environment Photography Project 3,292 photos, 955 members
- Fabulous Foliage (please comment; no flowers as main theme) 15,146 photos, 1,963 members
- A través de... (through) 14,005 photos, 1,379 members
- Water, water, water 124,854 photos, 8,225 members
- Klein Bikes 186 photos, 60 members
- Doors, Doorways - Portals and Passages 15,872 photos, 2,077 members
- Portes et fenêtres 18,093 photos, 640 members
- Golden Gate Views 7,947 photos, 1,376 members
- Secret Life of Plants 130,923 photos, 18,794 members
- Channel Islands National Park, CA 1,587 photos, 98 members
- Northern California Photography 131,244 photos, 4,471 members
- Birds In Flight Photography 28,829 photos, 1,790 members
- through a glass, darkly 64,829 photos, 10,065 members
- Highway 1 8,730 photos, 608 members
- California 233,995 photos, 7,098 members
- Invite and Award Code's Help and Gallery 2 photos, 11 members
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve 454 photos, 32 members
- openspace.org 1,803 photos, 233 members
- Ravens 2,335 photos, 753 members
- Cladonias of the World 560 photos, 103 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 33 photos, 17 members
- San Francisco Locals Photography 4,281 photos, 326 members
- yosemite 34,201 photos, 5,285 members
- Oak Trees: The Quercus Club 4,783 photos, 765 members
- Poison Ivy 298 photos, 70 members
- Tamalpais Bioblitzers 265 photos, 7 members
- Native Plants of California 4,289 photos, 117 members
- California Coast (The California Coast) 34,028 photos, 1,686 members
- California Academy of Sciences: Conservation Photography 268 photos, 47 members
- Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G — Only the Very Best ! 1,478 photos, 326 members
- Nikkor AF-S VR Micro 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED 2,271 photos, 195 members
- WORLD MINING HERITAGE ⚒ 22,373 photos, 567 members
- Marin Magazine 2,223 photos, 186 members
- Dusk & Dawn - Sun below the horizon! 34,375 photos, 3,606 members
- Colonia del Sacramento - Uruguay 3,485 photos, 444 members
- EVITA PERON 79 photos, 29 members
- Admin Help 2,010 photos, 1,378 members
- BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA 19,790 photos, 1,328 members
- Buenos Aires Street 2,815 photos, 262 members
- Buenos Aires ¦ Buildings 4,879 photos, 615 members
- Show Those Toes 5,716 photos, 1,691 members
"Some of the most interesting photography tells as much about the photographer as it does about the subject. Maui ʻāina spirit and shines through every image. The use of color is rich and delicious. There's a humane element in all his work that personlizes and makes us see the depth and in seemingly ordinary things. This elevation of the photo makes for pleasurable and moving visit to his world."
28th June, 2007
- November 2006