In my photostream you will find photos shot by three different people - Me, my father Jay T. Thomson, and my best friend Michael Wall - as well as set of photos from my father's collection.
My shots are scanned 35mm prints, digitally reproduced 35mm slides and original digital images I have taken between the early 1980s and the current date.
My father's shots are scanned 35mm prints and other type prints and digitally reproduced 35mm slides he shot between about 1968 and 2002. My father is alive and well and in his early 70s, and checks my Flickr page daily. He greatly enjoys reading the comments people leave on his photos I post. Dad also still takes the occasional photo with a modern digital camera, and sends those to me to post.
Michael's shots are original digital images he has shot within the past few years up to the present date. Michael's photos are public domain images. I created a set just for his images and each of his images credits him and includes a link to his sets (which include some but not all of the railroad photos of his I post as well as non-railroad related images).
The shots from Dad's collection date from between the 1930s and the 1980s, and were acquired by him as gifts or in trade from friends or purchased by Dad. They are digitally reproduced by me to preserve the image, as many of the originals are in bad shape, specifically for historical and archival purposes. No claim to copyright (outside of belonging to Dad's collection) is intended.
All are legal and ethical and done with the knowledge and consent of the two other photographers and within the bounds of fair use. You will never find in my photostream images I have taken from another flickr photographer and reposted simply because I like them. Unless I am approached and asked if I want to do it for someone, I will not post photos from any other photographer on flickr.
As far as the photos in my photostream go, they are the copyright of the respective photographers.
If you wish to use one of Michael's photos please visit his profile for details on whether or not you can use the photo.
If you wish to use one of mine or my father's photos you must contact me first and ask for permission, stating exactly how you intend to use the photo.
Under no circumstances can you use one of mine or my father's photos for commercial purposes without my specific permission.
You may download and save mine and my father's photos for your own private, personal, non-commercial use.
If you really like my photos, my father's photos, or Michael's photos and want to show others you like them, please use the "Add to Faves" function and add the photo to your favorites. Do not, under any circumstance, upload one of mine or my father's photos to your own photostream.
Photos of Robert W. Thomson (6)
- Montana’s Official Group 9,159 photos, 1,318 members
- Marmots! 705 photos, 252 members
- Bicentennial, Demo, Special Railroads 1,213 photos, 59 members
- Heritage, Steam, and Displays 3,804 photos, 62 members
- Sf conventions 3,792 photos, 109 members
- Game Of Thrones 356 photos, 88 members
- Song of Ice and Fire 941 photos, 268 members
- Biodiesel 191 photos, 81 members
- Norfolk and Western Class J Steam locomotives 116 photos, 18 members
- Rural Railfanning 3,597 photos, 90 members
- The Chessie System in Indiana 205 photos, 107 members
- Toledo, Peoria, & Western Fans 796 photos, 135 members
- NC&StL Railway - To and From Dixieland 118 photos, 25 members
- Winter on the Railroad 3,293 photos, 181 members
- F45s, FP45s, F40Cs, SDP40Fs, and SDF40-2s 124 photos, 22 members
- Lima Locomotive Works 834 photos, 158 members
- Steam Locomotives in Black and White 6,763 photos, 142 members
- SD20 118 photos, 27 members
- Oklahoma Railroads 250 photos, 35 members
- Flickr's Railway World Journal 3,431 photos, 230 members
- Mountains Anywhere 259,398 photos, 21,682 members
- EMD: GP30s 512 photos, 40 members
- Railroad Snow Fighting Equipment 1,073 photos, 80 members
- HLCX 106 photos, 34 members
- GM&O 72 photos, 29 members
- Powder River Country Trains 347 photos, 14 members
- Trains of the American West 2,553 photos, 88 members
- EMD SD35s 122 photos, 11 members
- EMD GP9 1,358 photos, 86 members
- California Zephyr Ephemera (Pre-Amtrak) 18 photos, 16 members
- Railroads and Water 1,049 photos, 88 members
- Blue Angels 7,150 photos, 557 members
- Railroading In Severe Weather 477 photos, 81 members
- Classic C&O Signals 723 photos, 63 members
- Carolina Rails 3,838 photos, 139 members
- Geotagged: North Dakota 1,254 photos, 38 members
- Geotagged: Montana 5,723 photos, 75 members
- Billy D Approved 1,910 photos, 77 members
- North American Railroad Stations 2,305 photos, 92 members
- Railroading Sunrises and Sunsets 1,303 photos, 62 members
- EMD Geeps 5,538 photos, 123 members
- BNSF Cream and Green SD70MAC Locomotives 236 photos, 16 members
- Train. 104,805 photos, 427 members
- Streamliners 2,571 photos, 153 members
- UP in the Blues 189 photos, 17 members
- EMD SD9 Diesel Locomotives 192 photos, 19 members
- Whitcomb Locomotives 47 photos, 39 members
- Subway, Trolley, Tram & Rapid Transit Trains of the World 10,769 photos, 259 members
- Illinois Central Gulf 316 photos, 46 members
- Hoppers Hoppers Hoppers 3,482 photos, 103 members
"What an incredible collection of photographs Robert and his dad have, that he is more than willing to share and discuss. I make sure I check my contacts each day to see what gems he has added"
30th March, 2008
C. S. Jackson says:
"Robert has a very unique way of capturing a train in its glorious moments. Like Warren McGee He does it in very unconvetional ways. All railfans need more Robert Thompson. He as every railroad from Clinchfield to MRL. He is great in this."
3rd August, 2007
- Robert Thomson
- March 2006
- Etowah, TN
- Butte, MT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My deviantART page