"If I knew how to take a good photograph, I'd do it every time."
- Robert Doisneau
"They're all the same, but each one is different
from every other one. You've got your bright
mornings and your dark mornings. You've got
your summer light and your autumn light. You've
got your weekdays and your weekends. You've
got your people in overcoats and galoshes,
and you've got your people in shorts and
T-shirts. Sometimes the same people,
sometimes different ones. And sometimes the
different ones become the same, and the same
ones disappear. The earth revolves around the
sun, and every day the light from the sun hits
the earth at a different angle."
Auggie (Harvey Keitel)
My name is Phil Sharp, Flickr is my sketchbook
Copyright © all images cannot be used without permission.
Twitter - @pipsharp
Facebook - www.facebook.com/philsharpphoto
Tumblr - philsharp.tumblr.com/
- digitalfaun 6,702 photos, 731 members
- London and UK riots 2,282 photos, 319 members
- London Independent Photography 4,091 photos, 1,422 members
- Kate Day's Photo Competition 5,025 photos, 950 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,991 photos, 12,642 members
- Londonist 210,499 photos, 5,847 members
- fotografi_ 26,904 photos, 1,330 members
- pleasantly delicate 485 photos, 314 members
- theprintspace gallery 31,109 photos, 2,293 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,414,525 photos, 123,794 members
- London dot gov 6,383 photos, 353 members
- New Contemporary Photography 18,158 photos, 3,921 members
- Two For the Road 688 photos, 1,457 members
- WANE Magazine 898 photos, 1,173 members
- The Portrait Group 2,058,591 photos, 130,625 members
- Publish and be Damned! - TEARSHEETS 278 photos, 459 members
- Trudi & Rich Got Hitched 81 photos, 20 members
- Oh Fuck Yeah! 2,224 photos, 236 members
- HUH. Magazine Submissions 224,540 photos, 9,186 members
- TELL MUM EVERYTHING IS OK 3,380 photos, 3,388 members
- Stoke Newington 2,569 photos, 261 members
- ~Behind the scenes~ 1,601 photos, 547 members
- Through the Viewfinder 59,673 photos, 7,100 members
- ColoursMag 3,906 photos, 449 members
- Epson V700 19,287 photos, 1,165 members
- Austin 76,850 photos, 4,318 members
- mixtaping 13 photos, 230 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 15,207 photos, 5,362 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,790 members
- PISTON Magazine 1,073 photos, 142 members
- Spotlight Seven 311 photos, 927 members
- THE WORLD’S LEADING YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMMUNITY 12,410 photos, 1,357 members
- Strobist.com 571,888 photos, 113,722 members
- Things That Look Like Vaginas (But Aren't Actually Vaginas) 27 photos, 36 members
- Bowlers 140 photos, 839 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 532,805 photos, 24,916 members
- the archival moon 2,498 photos, 631 members
- Leicester City, England 10,308 photos, 623 members
- 120 426,692 photos, 13,367 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 120,610 photos, 22,449 members
- Holga Chic 8,844 photos, 1,234 members
- The End 2,225 photos, 619 members
- London 712,003 photos, 32,014 members
- social documentary photography 40,302 photos, 22,050 members
- Guess Where NYC 13,643 photos, 1,604 members
- Toy Cameras 293,783 photos, 20,611 members
- Holgagraphy 162,271 photos, 14,149 members
- nighthawks 255,620 photos, 18,429 members
- Diana Photography 39,555 photos, 7,273 members
- Holga 249,680 photos, 19,399 members
"Wow. What an inspiration."
14th May, 2009
"Three words describe the man known as Phil Sharp. However, no one will tell me what they are."
18th February, 2008
"Every once and a while, I come across a photographer on flickr whose dynamic stylistic approach to their art inspires and moves me - Phil is one of those people. His ability to create and capture cinematic moments bring out the delightful musical elements in his fashion/band photography, and intimate soulful presence in each subject in his portraits. Watch out New York - as soon as this man finds his permanent place in the city, the art world will never be the same.
And did I mention that he was real gentleman?
18th December, 2007
"His stream says it all - well, a good part of it I'm sure.
The rest is probably much better.
30th November, 2007
the known universe says:
"Phil and I are such great pals that when we saw each other in the bagel shop, neither one of us said hello. Nice pictures, though. (But where are the dancing girls? You have dancing girls?)"
19th November, 2007
"My Hoggy Smoggy"
1st September, 2007
Annene von Durchgerockt says:
"Phil is a friend of a friend."
29th July, 2007
Jilly in Philly says:
"i've come to hate him because i can't be him. damn shame, tho, as he may be the world's greatest photographer."
3rd July, 2007
Klodiana Alia says:
"basically, i adore his work so much that i want to fave every single photo. a true inspiration."
11th May, 2007
delicious aloysius says:
"he's a swell photographer, but i wish he would stop calling me a slut."
25th January, 2007
"Take my picture."
21st January, 2007
"your marvelous photos make me want to smear butter all over my computer screen."
25th October, 2006
Jo Spankee says:
"simply, a tour de force"
12th September, 2006
The Furry Jew says:
"".....further more, your face sickens me!!""
4th September, 2006
"To change all the other serious and cliche comments below:
Hog is a wonderful photographer with an acute sense of composition. He uses DoF in such beautiful ways that he is immediately recognizable among the flickr crowd. His subjects are always distinguished and his use of color is unique."
10th August, 2006
"I was in the garden and I saw a little thing in the ground and I pulled it out and it was a little Hog and I fed it some cornbread and it burped and then I put a mojito in its little hand and it grew big and it giggled and then ran away over the fields completely naked with its bum showing and everything.
That's how Hog happened. AND THAT'S A FACT"
26th June, 2006
Archie Pix says:
"Few people know that Hog is composed entirely of ununtrium. He is presumably a solid at 298 K Colour and is probably metallic and silvery white or grey in appearance."
2nd June, 2006
Karana Banana says:
"He seems very nice and tolerant of drunken ramblings. Which is something I always look for in friends."
21st April, 2006
"What can I say about Hog?
He really likes the word 'Verve'."
10th April, 2006
First Contact says:
"Hog adores my photography 8~P"
13th March, 2006
♥ shhexy corin ♥ says:
"Hog has been pressing my buttons for some time now. He seems to favour the one that makes me go "beep" and the one that makes a cuckoo come out of arse.
He has excellent taste, as I'm sure you'll agree. Somewhat like a kumquat, dipped in fanny batter. Delicious."
24th February, 2006
Mr Luke Harby says:
"If the Hog was reduced to a quadriplegic, I would carry him.
He knows this."
12th January, 2006
Dr Shipman says:
"He's exactly like Walkers crisps"
8th December, 2005
Andy Grange says:
"I hope some day he loves me as much as I love him"
5th December, 2005
Russell In the Bushes says:
"The Hog, he's cooler than a polar bear with alopecia."
14th October, 2005
"You can always count on Hog to win honorable mention."
12th July, 2005
_the ambassador says:
"you haven't lived until you've shared a bed with this man."
24th May, 2005
Hi! I'm Owen says:
"The Hog smells and tastes nothing like a pig"
19th March, 2005
George Pollard says:
"Most people like to call him Hog, but I prefer to think of him as BOSS Hog."
9th March, 2005
MC shittin trunks says:
"the hog is a digital guy in a digital age.
thats what the computers will say."
9th March, 2005
"If you spend any time with the Hog you won't be short changed on quality or quantity.
His face writes cheques that his butt CAN cash.
When I grow up I wanna be like the Hog."
8th March, 2005
- Phil Sharp
- March 2005
- I am:
- General man-about-town / Gentleman Photographer