I have been taking photos since the age of 14, but since 1998 have been working as a freelance photographer shooting mostly sports, landscape and travel.
For a couple of seasons from January 2006, I covered Premiership, Championship, League and FA Cup soccer for two different sports picture agencies. You won't see any of these photos here, though, due to the strict rules placed on their use.
From 2011 I started covering motorsport regularly for Porsche Club Great Britain and the BRSCC and was commissioned by Lotus On Track Racing Drivers' Club to cover their races for social media and race reports. As of March 2012, I am also a racing driver, driving a Boxster in the Logson Group BRSCC Porsche Championship. In between races I tend to take photos in and around the pits, so my portofolio has become heavily biased towards motorsport.
My day job is as a web application developer for the UK's best-known distance-teaching institution, which also involves some photography. I was a moderator and marker on the first seven presentations of our massively successful short course T189 Digital Photography: Creating and Sharing Better Images. Additionally, I am chairman of the staff camera club.
Almost as soon as Canon's D30 was launched, I switched entirely to digital photography and haven't looked back. I now use Canon 1D-series bodies combined with their L-series lenses due to their very high build quality. For sending images to the media from the field, I use a Windows laptop running Downloader Pro, BreezeBrowser and Photoshop software, together with a USB modem on the 3 network to transmit JPG files to my clients.
The shots you'll see on my Flickr account are a mixture of stuff from both my Canon gear and, at the other end of the optical scale, from the camera in my phone, often submitted directly from the phone using an application called ShoZu. I upgraded my Flickr account to 'Pro' in December 2006.
If you'd like to get in touch, to order prints or enquire about images for publication, send me an email through Flickr or visit my website and see the Prices, Ordering, Rights and Contact information page.
Note about image downloads: I recently changed the setting that allows the download of my images. This was because I don't like the idea of tools like Flump and the way they break all links between images and accreditation. All my photos are copyright - I do not intend making it any easier for people to copy them and reuse them without my permission or without due credit. If you want to use any of my images, get in contact as nearly all are available for commercial use.
I have recently added the following paragraph to most of my image captions so that there can be no doubt over their status - it seems that Yahoo have been using some images uploaded to Flickr in advertising without the copyright owners' consent:
This image is copyright © - absolutely no commercial use of any kind is permitted without prior consent.
Minolta X700 (two off)
Minolta Dynax 9
Canon EOS 1nHS
Canon EOS 1D
Canon EOS 1D Mk.IIn
Photos of hockeyshooter (2)
- British Cars Photography 17,357 photos, 1,912 members
- IEREST Project 54 photos, 2 members
- Britcar 8,155 photos, 104 members
- Only German Cars 40,867 photos, 2,231 members
- Porsche Rennsport RS 2,874 photos, 593 members
- < The Best Car Pictures - 5/Day > 2,356 photos, 517 members
- Racing 88,068 photos, 1,675 members
- Ferrari Enzo Spotting 1,076 photos, 256 members
- The Ferrari Enzo F60 1,887 photos, 408 members
- The McLaren F1 1,964 photos, 536 members
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship 30 photos, 9 members
- Open University 3,814 photos, 75 members
- Motor Racing Paddock Atmosphere 9,318 photos, 181 members
- BMW Motorsport 6,960 photos, 485 members
- Toyota MR2 Owners 1,034 photos, 230 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,798,012 photos, 80,999 members
- The Ferrari F40 2,384 photos, 477 members
- Porschegroup944 721 photos, 127 members
- BoXa.net (Porsche Boxster) 251 photos, 55 members
- women in motorsport 480 photos, 55 members
- Porsche GT1/GT2/GT3 3,063 photos, 554 members
- Supercars. 37,283 photos, 765 members
- Heath and Reach 5 photos, 5 members
- VW Racing 3,846 photos, 419 members
- Lotus Evora 396 photos, 87 members
- LMS LeMans Series Photography 2,477 photos, 139 members
- DTM (Deutschen Tourenwagen Masters) 8,942 photos, 599 members
- ★ Grid Girl ★ Pit Girl ★ Racequeen ★ Promotional Girl 4,186 photos, 422 members
- MINI Challenge 417 photos, 31 members
- Mighty Minis Racing Championship 806 photos, 44 members
- Ferrari 458 Italia Spider Speciale 12,017 photos, 1,373 members
- Lotus Elise 340R 110 photos, 31 members
- Lotus Exige 1,579 photos, 240 members
- Lotus Elise 2,601 photos, 396 members
- Lotus 2 Eleven 221 photos, 971 members
- Classic Motor Racing 69,524 photos, 1,461 members
- E-Types ONLY 1,790 photos, 493 members
- Lotus Grand Prix Cars 3,308 photos, 379 members
- Ferrari in Sports Car Racing 3,492 photos, 111 members
- Lamborghini And Ferrari 23,610 photos, 1,404 members
- Lamborghini in Sports Car Racing 350 photos, 35 members
- Formula 2 617 photos, 37 members
- Learn About Fair 2011 106 photos, 2 members
- Porsche Racecars 18,547 photos, 795 members
- Porsche Racing Drivers 735 photos, 66 members
- Polocrosse 43 photos, 11 members
- Racing Images (Cars & Motorcycles) 184,126 photos, 7,241 members
- Pitts S-2 276 photos, 39 members
- SMOKE ON!!!! 3,715 photos, 225 members
- AEROBATIC AIRSHOW ACTS- 1 PROP ONLY- NO TEAMS 1,459 photos, 101 members
hockeyshooter doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Valentine
- June 2005
- nr. Milton Keynes
- nr. Milton Keynes, England
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Web application developer; Freelance photographer