"No art or artist here, just images meant to shine only through what they show."
Unknown (but self named Urashimataro)
"There are two kinds of people: those who give you energy, and those who take it away."
"Look at the world without thoughts, without ideas, without words. The world looks back at you. 'Photography,' Moriyama wrote, 'was a free art form.' 'free' meant no framing, no focus, no subject, no story. It meant using photography to see through the surface of things, to create 'fossils of light' and recover 'memory,' to find a new camera language to capture one's own highly charger emotional experience. Burobuke ('blurred and out-of-focus'), Moriyama called his new photographic style."
I shoot 99% film with my Leica MP and its inseparable friends, 21 Elmarit, 35 Sumicron, 90 Sumicron, 5cm Summitar and 50 Noctilux.
1. Think about death as the graduation of life. Don not fear it, live up to it.
2. Care about people
3. Always do your best
4. Embrace change and the unexpected
5. Be honest to yourself
art is what you can get away with.
- Andy Warhol
Honesty, i believe, is the ultimate state of being. When one is honest with oneself, and with others, there is no conflict and life is clear. In photography i believe the same is true.
What is HILIBOS?
HILIBOS came to life one night in Tokyo when a friend asked jokingly where I was from. To this I proudly answered:
"I'm from HILIBOS, a tiny island on a remote location in the Mediterranean sea." More questions followed:
Q: What language do you speak in HILIBOS?
Q: How do you say "hello" in HILIBOS?
And this way HILIBOS was born.
Today Hilibos means something different. Hilibos is home. I have lived outside of my home country, Mexico, for 16 years. For most of this time I have gone thru the usual "where is home" bit many times.
For a few years I believed home was still Mexico. Then I believed home was California, where I lived for 6 years. My mind changed and I thought Tokyo was home. By the time I moved to New York City I knew better; home was not any of these places, not even New York.
In 2005, on one of my regular trips to Tokyo I realized something: my life so far had been like an ivy. My experiences living in several countries had been like the lead branches, and by this time the tender and energetic leads had turn into strong, luscious branches. I had been home all along, it is just a different concept of home than what I expected.
Home is always changing, it is the vector area where my heart, my thoughts and familes are. I have been so lucky as to living what I had until that time wished for: to live not only in one place, under one roof alone, and with one set of family members. I had been living all along the dream of extending my human network and redefining conventional concepts of growing roots in a physical place. I put down my roots in the world, not in a specific place.
Hilibos is home. How much will it grow? How will it's borders change in the future? Who knows, stay tuned!
- CONTAX T3 22,372 photos, 1,756 members
- Mexico 35mm 2,154 photos, 143 members
- Living in Black and White 76,462 photos, 2,513 members
- A Tree's wisdom is silent 31 photos, 1 member
- Danses et musiques du monde - World dances and music, in the str 4,250 photos, 171 members
- Social Dance: It takes 2 5,202 photos, 114 members
- Japan Street Scenes 9,169 photos, 274 members
- New York City>Chinatown 3,999 photos, 409 members
- NYC People 6,639 photos, 307 members
- tsukiji 2,366 photos, 186 members
- Hanami: Cherry Blossom Viewing at Brooklyn Botanic Garden 2,571 photos, 440 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,052 photos, 2,304 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,184 photos, 3,151 members
- Lost graphics 82 photos, 40 members
- Secret portraits 272 photos, 57 members
- Burebuke 627 photos, 70 members
- 告別 映像 - Farewell Photography 222 photos, 329 members
- By Accident 3,316 photos, 1,510 members
- Photographed Photographers 6,640 photos, 857 members
- Stalker 4,865 photos, 806 members
- New York City Emulsions 14,348 photos, 530 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 53,415 photos, 1,572 members
- Street Photography 88,057 photos, 31,301 members
- New York life 183,303 photos, 8,218 members
- New York Photography 315,323 photos, 17,691 members
- New York, New York 381,591 photos, 15,441 members
- New York City Photographer's Club 1,964 photos, 831 members
- NEW YORK CITY DEFINED 134,811 photos, 4,264 members
- New Orleans Photography 47,522 photos, 2,471 members
- New Orleans 58,906 photos, 3,470 members
- Film Portraits 41,852 photos, 2,079 members
- I Love Film 500,651 photos, 7,884 members
- reflections of life 35,422 photos, 1,911 members
- The Film Group 521,037 photos, 9,989 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 308,625 photos, 13,347 members
- On Film and In Focus 20,480 photos, 720 members
- Life is Art! 69,909 photos, 2,229 members
- Emotional Faces 30,602 photos, 3,785 members
- Flickr Gallery 3,179 photos, 187 members
- Flickr Wow (2 posts per day please) 74,214 photos, 3,970 members
- Compositions 291,856 photos, 9,564 members
- 35mm Photographers 762,493 photos, 19,196 members
- Pictures of Life 1,208 photos, 68 members
- FlickrCentral 7,008,330 photos, 204,425 members
- LIFE AND CAMERA 8,039 photos, 262 members
- IS PHOTOGRAPHY ART ? 25,022 photos, 810 members
- flickr.com 9,181 photos, 370 members
- *FILM* Club 187,438 photos, 2,997 members
- Urban Decay 370,112 photos, 30,230 members
- beautiful decay. 258,478 photos, 9,778 members
Hilibos doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Pablo Pineda
- August 2005
- Brooklyn, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken