I play it cool and dig all jive,
That's the reason I stay alive.
My motto as I live and learn,
Is dig and be dug in return.
- Langston Hughes
I recently moved to Los Angeles after living in NYC for 17 years, 11 of which were in Park Slope, Brooklyn - a place that will always seem like home to me.
I have a BA in English Literature from NYU and an MBA from Fordham, have worked at IFC, Bravo, and NBC.
I gave all that up to become a photographer a few years ago. I'm having a great time at it!
Want me to shoot something for you? email@example.com
Check me out -
I spent 6 months as a Ford Fiesta Agent!
Check out my blog:
Follow me on Twitter:
Friend me on Facebook (tell me you came from Flickr):
- ~ Toys =D ... April Contest - Open 27,056 photos, 1,207 members
- Minolta XD-7 (XD-11 in the U.S. and XD in Japan) 849 photos, 68 members
- Mortal Muses ~ Film Friday 2,754 photos, 204 members
- Zombie Walks 22,814 photos, 1,393 members
- Coney Island 26,233 photos, 2,170 members
- HEARTS all HEARTS 41,608 photos, 11,442 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 920,104 photos, 52,794 members
- from where i stand 6,216 photos, 696 members
- #nycflickrmeetup 994 photos, 118 members
- Film Biz Recycling 503 photos, 7 members
- vanityplat.es 25 photos, 14 members
- This Was 2012: The Year in Pictures 2,615 photos, 38 members
- LomoKino Users 67 photos, 24 members
- The Desert Garden at The Huntington 1,058 photos, 134 members
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens 3,983 photos, 356 members
- Bus Life. 4 photos, 3 members
- Views 50 000 27 photos, 58 members
- 50 000 views 266 photos, 285 members
- Ilovethatphoto.net Photography Magazine 80,371 photos, 2,835 members
- 2010: A Year in Pictures 29,247 photos, 250 members
- Views: 500 54,744 photos, 13,069 members
- Views: 400 57,438 photos, 11,678 members
- Views: 300 97,831 photos, 13,184 members
- Views: 200 201,502 photos, 16,005 members
- Views: 100 578,771 photos, 21,716 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 145,975 photos, 2,650 members
- Selfie Squared 22,181 photos, 1,929 members
- Selfie Saturday 265 photos, 82 members
- "It's me." 67,604 photos, 4,349 members
- Project 365 1,620,643 photos, 27,529 members
- Ford Fiesta 1,191 photos, 124 members
- ShakeItPhoto Best Of 6,985 photos, 1,220 members
- Hair Family Portraits 28 photos, 44 members
- The Portrait Group 2,072,124 photos, 131,108 members
- KangaROOS USA 229 photos, 33 members
- LAist Featured Photos 90,009 photos, 2,103 members
- Bunny Ears make Everything Awesome 590 photos, 119 members
- Taking Things Seriously: A Leonard Lopate Show Photo Project 65 photos, 62 members
- Jumpology 467 photos, 31 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 11,630 photos, 6,081 members
- The super-secret and ultra-exclusive Photo Booth group 57 photos, 5 members
- Gothamist 170,773 photos, 3,526 members
- Utata 400,671 photos, 21,969 members
- 10ton 9 photos, 5 members
- shadow whores 1,844 photos, 114 members
- I Love Anthropologie 2,322 photos, 792 members
- International (TBA) Week 1,470 photos, 490 members
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Socks 36 photos, 67 members
- Feminine Mistake 1,837 photos, 258 members
- Dressing Room Self-Portraits 280 photos, 390 members
Tony Lupo says:
"Thank you Hillary and Fauxtobooth for solving my social network profile picture problems... I've been dealing with mediocre pictures of myself for so long, and having a ridiculous and awesome Fauxtobooth picture from this past BarCamp was just the thing I needed.
21st March, 2008
"Hilary came in and took BarCampNYC3 from awesome to super-awesome singlehandedly. The Fauxtobooth (along with Hilary's encouragement, smile, and downright amazing pictures) was incredible. Thanks HIlary!!!"
16th March, 2008
John McNab says:
"Brooklyn Hilary is my favorite Hilary on flickr; my favorite Hilary who isn't running for president; and my favorite Hilary with one 'L'.
Not to mention that she takes boffo pictures, and that she seems an all-around good sort."
15th March, 2008
"This midwest boy loves his daily glimpses of life in the big city. Hilary's the best!"
24th September, 2007
"Hilary is funny, outgoing and inspiring. She doesn't just take photography, she makes it fun.
Thanks Hilary for bringing us along too."
14th March, 2007
"Hilary is possibly the nicest, deeply in love, Kinder egg obsesive that I know, and she may yet turn out to be Queen of the postcards.
Oh and she is a pretty spiffy photographer as well"
29th December, 2006
"Hilabean's photos grab me in a special way. Wait, that sounded dirty..........
Her vision of the beautiful nuances within everyday life drew me in immediately. These photographs take me places that I miss, and show me people in ways I have never seen. Such a great sense of exuberance in her images. I always look forward to new ones."
1st August, 2006
"the humor of the inconsequential becomes ever more important to persons who observe the variances of life. thank you for recording these wonderful events"
30th June, 2006
- Hilary McHone
- April 2005
- Essex Jct., VT and Durham, NH
- Brooklyn, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Fiesta Movement