According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 7,341 photos, 1,915 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 11,024 photos, 1,160 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 35 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 198,700 photos, 5,755 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portrait Thursdays **OPEN** 3,286,859 photos, 94,698 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 298,849 photos, 13,142 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 63,571 photos, 4,699 members
- C.A.F.E. 120 photos, 1,713 members
- night on earth... 19,905 photos, 1,483 members
- Machined 1,745 photos, 247 members
- FlickrCentral 6,639,919 photos, 196,144 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 174,943 photos, 14,784 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 3,808 photos, 356 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 2,694 photos, 212 members
- difference & repetition 7,574 photos, 733 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 19,754 photos, 1,804 members
- You can't take pictures here! 15,649 photos, 2,325 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 54,079 photos, 2,254 members
- Black and White 5,425,338 photos, 265,582 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 46,818 photos, 1,370 members
- Black and White Film 355,340 photos, 10,100 members
- Camera Kudos 15,678 photos, 862 members
- Large Format 56,220 photos, 9,252 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 148 photos, 293 members
- Rural Decay 173,321 photos, 30,534 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,377 photos, 80 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 23,099 photos, 3,128 members
- analog 217,534 photos, 4,045 members
- Grain is Good 271,215 photos, 12,828 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 170,978 photos, 14,608 members
- Medium Format (film only) 672,466 photos, 26,247 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 230,463 photos, 14,042 members
- LOMO 217,720 photos, 33,653 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,632 photos, 344 members
- graflex 10,591 photos, 1,571 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 284,460 photos, 9,454 members
- black white contrast 10,430 photos, 597 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 71,314 photos, 4,255 members
- low-fi 60,409 photos, 1,744 members
- Toy Cameras 296,626 photos, 22,319 members
- USE THE FORCE 59,225 photos, 5,375 members
- Holga 250,006 photos, 19,391 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 167,838 photos, 6,740 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 40,871 photos, 7,867 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 39,069 photos, 2,012 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 245,829 photos, 8,744 members
- Analog Photography 1,434,054 photos, 31,632 members
- Photoshop Discussion 817 photos, 199 members
- canon film photography 149,995 photos, 9,205 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,385 photos, 1,407 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
12th February, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
21st January, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
13th November, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
11th November, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
25th October, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
7th October, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken