According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 7,334 photos, 1,923 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 11,167 photos, 1,179 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 34 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 206,384 photos, 5,808 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monthly Showcase *OPEN* 3,373,131 photos, 96,815 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 308,358 photos, 13,344 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 64,070 photos, 4,706 members
- C.A.F.E. 119 photos, 1,711 members
- night on earth... 22,024 photos, 1,661 members
- Machined 1,769 photos, 252 members
- FlickrCentral 6,999,509 photos, 204,237 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 176,804 photos, 15,506 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 3,834 photos, 356 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 2,797 photos, 214 members
- difference & repetition 7,688 photos, 740 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 19,907 photos, 1,800 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,505 photos, 2,312 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 57,830 photos, 2,357 members
- Black and White 5,731,525 photos, 278,770 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 48,409 photos, 1,388 members
- Black and White Film 369,860 photos, 10,417 members
- Camera Kudos 16,254 photos, 879 members
- Large Format 58,431 photos, 10,048 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 145 photos, 293 members
- Rural Decay 180,656 photos, 32,560 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,377 photos, 80 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 21,106 photos, 3,085 members
- analog 237,997 photos, 4,322 members
- Grain is Good 288,344 photos, 13,132 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 174,296 photos, 15,476 members
- Medium Format (film only) 690,098 photos, 27,412 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 245,577 photos, 15,623 members
- LOMO 218,786 photos, 34,509 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,637 photos, 345 members
- graflex 11,105 photos, 1,623 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 293,191 photos, 9,647 members
- black white contrast 11,141 photos, 615 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 74,358 photos, 4,364 members
- low-fi 61,126 photos, 1,757 members
- Toy Cameras 298,116 photos, 23,112 members
- Holga 250,515 photos, 19,401 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 168,447 photos, 6,736 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 41,788 photos, 7,888 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 40,408 photos, 2,029 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 254,545 photos, 8,863 members
- Analog Photography 1,502,744 photos, 33,623 members
- Photoshop Discussion 931 photos, 218 members
- canon film photography 155,301 photos, 9,411 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,437 photos, 1,403 members
- Tilt Shift 27,194 photos, 4,212 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
12th February, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
21st January, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
13th November, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
11th November, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
25th October, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
7th October, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken