Feel free to visit my Collections.
Here is the explanation for the coffee cup on my head.
I am a Brain Aneurysm Survivor! Another image with data can be found here.
Read here for the odds.
Additional information about the Brain Aneurysm Foundation and the Titanium Chip in my head was posted on July 2, 2008 here.
Brain Injury Support Link can be found here.
javame's Most Interesting Photos on Flickriver
This website is worth
What is your website worth?
Update: Arpil 25, 2009. I have not been cleared to operate my car yet. My M.D. rose her eyebrows when I expressed interest in riding my Harley. Clearance was given to do so. I ride mine while a friend rides theirs with me. Sometimes I pack a passenger but rarely. I carry the route with me to/from destinations when I ride. But I've only ridden about 6 times. Looking forward to more riding this summer.
It's been over 2 years now since my brain aneurysm surgery. I still get some of the time-lines off.
This was my old description: I take photos (prolificly, sometimes,) because I fear one day that I may go blind. So I will have these memories and your images to cherish. Things have changed drastically since my brain surgery early 2007 for an aneurysm!
I am a reitred aeronautical radio operator. I assisted the FAA working HF/VHF radio communications taking aircraft progress reports as they flew across the ocean through Russia, to the Phillipines and Orient, to Australia, and more! I've been doing that since 1981 with a 4 year hiatus after I got out of the military.)
July 24, 2007 My fears almost came true! Beginning around December, 2006, I started having periodic sudden sharp pains behind my right eye. I would then lose my vision from 6-10 seconds. In January, 2007, I had an MRI performed on my brain. They found an aneurysm on the blood vessel attached to my right eye. Brain surgery was performed (I don't remember when - I think in March, 2007), to "tie off/snip" the aneurysm. Blood leakage was found when they performed the surgery.
I have been in recuperation since .. often feeling like I've awakened in a parallel universe. (Remember Twilight Zone?) C'est la vie ... One day at a time.
I truly appreciate the help of my friends since the majority of my family lives halfway across the states. And I appreciate the wonderful comments, and emails, from my flickr family ~ the long time contacts and the new ones! (You're the best!)
All rights reserved. Photos are copyright © Cecelia Hill. Some photos may display a "digimarc" signature.
I love to ride my HARLEY-DAVIDSON, take photos, and read science fiction.
After seeing so many images on flickr it is obvious I have a heck of alot to learn.
Nikon D200 (acquired 3/2006)
Panasonic Lumix One I've been using the most lately.
Minolta Dimage S404 - SOLD. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. ceased the camera business on March 31, 2006. Some photos posted from this camera.
Olympus OM-2, OM-2N 35mm
LENSES for Nikon D200-
80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED AF VR Zoom-Nikkor
35-70mm f/2.8D AF Zoom-Nikkor
105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor
Nikon SB-800 AF Speedlight
R1C1 macro flash kit
DR-6 Rectangular Right Angle Viewfinder
Manfrotto 3001 055 Pro Tripod
222 Joystick Head
303PLUS Pano head
- Photos from Supporters of TAAF 751 photos, 12 members
- Hill House Museum in Lodi, CA 53 photos, 1 member
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,616,828 photos, 222,979 members
- Composition Dolls 483 photos, 42 members
- NIKON D200 USERS 51,593 photos, 2,069 members
- Bridges Across 36,271 photos, 4,431 members
- Railroad Graffiti 10,230 photos, 132 members
- Railroad Bridges 14,265 photos, 1,819 members
- Micke Grove Regional Park 206 photos, 2 members
- California Zoos & Aquariums 4,229 photos, 293 members
- A Plethora of Fish Facsimiles 4,495 photos, 361 members
- Magnolia Historic Preservation District, Stockton CA 25 photos, 36 members
- **Cool Shot** - P1/A4 - 1st LEVEL NO PEOPLE - 67,640 photos, 4,092 members
- MyLife MyStory 27,444 photos, 1,605 members
- think-extract 1,190 photos, 61 members
- Very Impressive Photo ( Admin Invite ) 1,150 photos, 462 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 24,950 photos, 2,411 members
- On The Map! 900 photos, 88 members
- Manteca, Stockton, and Lodi. Heck, all of San Joaquin county. 90 photos, 13 members
- San Joaquin County 560 photos, 7 members
- Cedrus Eternum (Admin Invite) 50+F 1,023 photos, 446 members
- Stanislaus County, California 1,542 photos, 69 members
- The Lay's® Happiness Exhibit 12,839 photos, 5,851 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,125,411 photos, 73,193 members
- Lodi 1,020 photos, 111 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [No frames/signatures] 44,815 photos, 5,375 members
- Manfrotto Official 20,597 photos, 2,084 members
- Histoires d'Ô 3,719 photos, 283 members
- ~The Rainbow Spectrum~ 5,597 photos, 731 members
- Obsolete/No Longer Used 78 photos, 67 members
- Fog at night 1,673 photos, 589 members
- Fabulous Fog 11,654 photos, 2,216 members
- Top of the fog (> 20 faves) 4,020 photos, 1,460 members
- BAN !!! 820 photos, 210 members
- One Of A Kind 624,243 photos, 20,313 members
- Tractor and more - join + comment please ! 7,979 photos, 710 members
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art 327 photos, 49 members
- INACTIVE 404 2,690 photos, 305 members
- The Garden Gnome Award Group 6,396 photos, 583 members
- All The Above[Contests] POST 9,018 photos, 1,759 members
- -The Cafe- 618,167 photos, 23,316 members
- Urbanjunglism - Urban jungle minimalism 4,117 photos, 719 members
- Flickr Community (INVITE ALL CONTACTS) 799,206 photos, 40,422 members
- Panoramic Washington 237 photos, 26 members
- Picture Fantastic 21,075 photos, 3,807 members
- Chain Link Fences 667 photos, 135 members
- red + rust 4,706 photos, 497 members
- Harley-Davidson 5,553 photos, 358 members
- *ButterGarden* HOT STUFF 9,463 photos, 802 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,093,779 photos, 74,415 members
"Javame, your photos are awesome. You're able to capture the essence of the subject leaving the viewer in awe and breathless in the moment. I think your photos are worthy of an exhibition. You need to be discovered.
On the other hand, I'd better keep you a secret or else your photos will become WAAAAAYYYY too expensive for my gallery.
You go girl!"
5th July, 2006
capitol gal says:
"I spend a lot of time looking at images of state capitol buildings for my own hobby website. Javame's interior shots especially of the capitol in Sacramento are wonderful! Knowing they would make a fantastic addition to my website, I asked javame if I could use them (with certain stipulations) and permission was kindly granted. Images posted on my site are only used with owners' consent. Besides the links by the images to the sources, I also give full credit on my "Credits" page. This is the home page:
In the very near future, you should be able to find several of javame's images on the Favorites, Intriguing Interiors page. I know I'm looking forward to their addition.
Thanks again, javame!
State Capitol Nut"
29th April, 2006
- March 2006
- Texas, then Hawaii, and now California USA
- I am:
- Medically Retired Aeronautical Radio Operator
- Brain Aneurysm Survivor