Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind.
"A portrait is not a likeness. The moment an emotion or fact is transformed into a photograph it is no longer a fact but an opinion. There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph. All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth." Richard Avedon.
“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. ...You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.” Jim Morrison
Photos of _Hans van de Vorst (2)
- RODINAL 68,266 photos, 3,381 members
- Environmental Photographers Welcome :) 51 photos, 31 members
- Only The Best of Ballet 2,344 photos, 917 members
- The Magic of Black & White 28,265 photos, 1,166 members
- WEIRENAS B&W-FAVES ADMIN-INVITE ONLY 3,216 photos, 429 members
- in loving memory of imapix 132 photos, 153 members
- The DaVinci Touch - Extraordinary Photos 15,088 photos, 1,291 members
- Tibetan Culture 17,027 photos, 1,120 members
- World Culture 79,343 photos, 3,453 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 300,489 photos, 13,176 members
- I Shoot Film 2,128,637 photos, 86,058 members
- Leica M7 24,505 photos, 965 members
- Fuji Velvia 52,600 photos, 7,211 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,486,375 photos, 34,772 members
- Polaroid 271,777 photos, 25,360 members
- Polaroid SLR 680 16,979 photos, 936 members
- 6x6 -B&W- *120Film ONLY* NOT toycamera, pinhole & polaroid 91,531 photos, 5,474 members
- Polaroid Camera Conversions/Modifications 515 photos, 805 members
- 拍立得 Polaroid 寶麗萊 51,023 photos, 2,288 members
- polaroid pinhole 3,093 photos, 823 members
- Polaroid -COLOR- (Instant Peel Apart film only) 22,713 photos, 2,236 members
- Polaroid Transfers 4,608 photos, 1,907 members
- Nikon Speedlight (tag your photos) 15,851 photos, 3,072 members
- Nikon D3 D3s D3x 71,543 photos, 5,194 members
- VSP Workshops 325 photos, 57 members
- Fictitious Reality 21- Soleá Exhibition 26 photos, 498 members
- Textures for Layers 15,534 photos, 16,061 members
- Fictitious Reality -20 Exhibition 0 photos, 508 members
- Micartttt Portrait Photography Awards 3,640 photos, 1,881 members
- Leica D-LUX 4 31,407 photos, 1,558 members
- Panasonic Lumix LX series. LX3, LX5, LX7 148,245 photos, 8,676 members
- ~ The Flickr Collection (250+ Faves Only) ~ 330 photos, 163 members
- Mono 500 365 photos, 199 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [DISCONTINUED] 35,276 photos, 5,519 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 314,435 photos, 19,208 members
- Canon 5D Mark II Users 25,917 photos, 615 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 11,483 photos, 387 members
- INS!GHT 387 photos, 283 members
- Heavenly-Italy 2,176 photos, 666 members
- Flickr Hacks 445 photos, 17,726 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,477 photos, 658 members
- *Landscapes of the West* 1,438 photos, 470 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,842 photos, 56,189 members
- Leica M Users 254,101 photos, 6,570 members
- M-mount (Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander) 67,424 photos, 2,966 members
- The Moment It Clicks 14,631 photos, 1,505 members
- Photo Kaleidoscope (award any 2 photos from the pool) 19,897 photos, 917 members
- Rahmen,Rahmen,...B&W only (invited only, post1-invite1)-contest 1,019 photos, 278 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 39,916 photos, 9,715 members
- PORTRAIT CLASSICS HALL OF FAME 351 photos, 203 members
""Almost 3 years have passed since my first testimonial on Hans (read below under ~v.h~) and it's delightful to know my earlier words still ring true. Hans' work quality has never wavered, in fact it keeps getting better. And on top of that, he's such a kind person who inspires me with not just his art but also with his generosity and friendship.
You're a great man Hans, it's been a pleasure knowing you.""
17th March, 2010
Amy Dunn says:
"I have a photography crush on Hans van de Vorst."
20th November, 2009
"Mon sweet papa is amazing:)) I m proud of him as a person, a dad and a photographer. The way he observes things, has changed because of photography, and became a way to sometimes escape little moments of daily life, analyze them as an outsider and enabled him to order his thoughts... And then getting even better at all the other stuff when landing back in reality. The moment he discovered photography, he started seeing the world in greater detail, and now enjoys to discover it as an artist. He truly is an artist. And I know that soon he'll be able to finally pursue his final dream, and make it a big success.
You are a big inspiration. To me and to others. Now and always. Keep up, never stop and follow ur heart."
17th May, 2009
"J'Adorrrrrrre Hans !!!!!
C'est une très "belle" personne...Un photographe et peintre génial !!!!!!!
Je t'embrasse ! et continue de me faire rêver ;-))"
29th June, 2008
"We hired Hans to photograph our wedding.
I stumbled upon his photography on Flickr and it captivated me.
I read into his work a man who has a vision of what he wants to create and patiently seeks it out. His ability to find the more uncommon and refreshing perspective spoke to me. Meeting him, I found all of these qualities and inspiration. Watching him, I learned.
His results delighted us.
Thank you, Hans."
9th September, 2007
"Any newbie on Flickr will know Hans' name within a week, for he seems to be always on Explore page.
His grasp on lighting and color is so impeccable - he uses colors daringly for optimum effect and never overdoes it - and that is apparent in his perfectly composed trademark-style landscapes. He always manages to keep everything in the right place in all his cinematic creations. And not only that, he has proved to be a pro in portraits as well (and everything in between).
I'm truly humbled looking at his photostream.
Thank you Hans for such inspiration and sharing your wonderful masterpieces. If you publish a book of your photos, rest assured i'll be the first to buy! ;)"
11th May, 2007
Darien Chin says:
"Dynamic, inspirational, incredible, moving.....these are just some of the words that can be used to describe Hans' photography. His displays of color and compo in landscape are amazing. Yet, he has a way of connecting not only with Mother Earth, but also with the human in all of us. He is a rare breed, as he excels in many types of photography, and his talent is evident in every picture he uploads. He is a true believer in the power of light, and beyond that, he understands it and works with it in an intimate way, and I really respect that.
Some people take pictures. Some are photographers. Hans is a true artist."
25th April, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Hans is a first class photo artist - and I'm sure you'll agree to that assessment as soon as you view his photostream. His ability to use color and composition is truly superb.
What you may not know about this gentleman is that he is also a generous member of the Flickr community ... one who takes time to comment with positive feedback and view other's images on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because of Hans, and I'm proud to be able to call him a friend from across the ocean..."
27th December, 2006
"Hans is pure emotion.
He is Fantastic!"
15th December, 2006
"I first "met" Hans through his August 15 2006 photo "Showtime," which was followed by two more of a death-defying photographer at the Grand Canyon. Since then I have been delighted with many more of his extraordinary, world-class photos. His interests range from skyscapes to seascapes to landscapes (his shots of Antelope Canyon are among the best I've ever seen), to portraiture, to studies in black and white, which include his outstanding photo, "Glamour," which epitomizes the glamour and intrigue of Paris. Hans' expert sense of composition and his use of color and light rank him among the best of photographic artists. I am honored to be one of his Flickr friends."
16th November, 2006
I have not met him in person while I was with Philips International B.V.
It is on www.flickr.com that I get to know him through his exhibits here. He is very talented individual on Imaging arts are concern.
I can vow to say that his master pieces are of superb if not outstanding. He is also very active in groups & networking on the net.
He is a role model for all to learn for his loving & kindness to the community.
I appreciate your everything.....
You are great......."
14th October, 2006
Buck Forester says:
"Hans is a talented and enthusiastic photographer with a photostream filled with fantastic images! His latest images of the West shows that he can go to a popular photographic location and come away with very unique perspectives, which we all know is difficult to do when photographing iconic locations. I also find it amazing that he can shoot wild landscapes, urban scenes, and people portraits equally well. I'm still trying to nail down the landscape stuff. Flickr is blessed to have Hans as an active participant."
26th August, 2006
"Hans' work is just full of beauty, passion, considerable artistic skill and above all tremendous fun.
I've bookmarked Hans' photostream, because I know that whenever I need something to put me in a good mood, I'll find it there."
20th June, 2006
Stuck in Customs says:
"Hans is treasure.
It is obvious to all of us that he sees the world in a unique way. I can envision him strolling through Europe with a particular flair, occasionally stopping to cock his head slightly askew to consider a scene before brandishing his weapon and taking a shot.
Hans seems to have an infinite supply of beautiful women and beautiful locations that find their way across his lens on a regular basis. His art is always there for me to enjoy as I relax drink espressos and think of adventures and beauty far away. It's always a true joy to his work enter my photostream."
29th May, 2006
"A beautiful collection of captured moments. A photostream that won't dissapoint you but will inspire you.."
19th May, 2006
"I absolutely like Hans his style of photography, his compositions and post-processing skills are fabulous.A great photostream to watch and a very nice person! Outstanding!"
20th April, 2006
- February 2006
- I am:
- Hans van de Vorst - Photography