I WAS NOTHING IN PHOTOGRAPHY BEFORE JOINING FLICKR!
Hi, my name is Hamed and I count myself as an amateur photographer. I remember buying my first camera just in May 2006 after which I started learning the basic photography concepts by my own and with the must-know tips and tricks; so all my former photographs in my albums are taken by cameras, which hopefully my friends let me borrow!
In September 2008, I bought my current camera which is a Nikon digital SLR, for taking photos of my recently born princess - Delaram.
At the same time, I became interested in scuba diving, and started shooting some underwater photos with cheap point & shoot cameras.
I didn't shoot any political or journal photograph before the 2009 Iranian presidential election and its aftermath.
In June 15, 3 days after the election, when I went to the demonstration with my camera and shoot some shots and took some movies, it was my first experience of photojournalism.
After receiving hundreds of comments and feedback and thousands of visitors in a few hours, I decided to continue this job.
Next night, when I went to Vanak square for taking photos and shooting videos, I got arrested. Fortunately using the darkness I could hide my photo camera in a gutter. But since they arrested me while using my handy-cam, I couldn't do anything with it.
At early morning they let me go home, but without my handy-cam, my car and my identification cards.
I went back to the place and get my camera and went home.
At the day which I freed, I attended another demonstration and shoot some shots which relatively were better than my first experience.
Those photos were widely used in the media, including international TV news, web sites, newspapers and journals.
One of them even used as the of Spiegel magazine without my permission.
At one of these days, we have received a news that foreign press and specially photographers are prohibited in attending any demonstration or any other protest. So me and other amateur photographers were the only source for saving these snapshots. This was the main reason for taking this task more serious and keeping it up.
I took more photos till I arrested for the 2nd time at June 28, which they grabbed my underwater camera. (I was using my underwater camera because it was very smaller than my DSLR)
I'm also an activist in the field of human rights, and kids rights. You can ask for more info if you are interested in this field, or want to donate.
And regarding my photographs, please note that all your comments are welcome. I’ll be more than glad to hear from you... guiding me through the right steps involved, and helping me to improve my skills through your experiences.
And at last please notice that almost all my photographs are filed under the Creative-Commons License (Attribution 3.0 is personally preferred). The copyright status of each photograph is available in its related Flickr page under the Additional Information tab. Using my photographs, you are supposed to attribute it to my full name in English (Hamed Saber) or Persian(حامد صابر) with a link back to my Flickr page (http://flickr.com/hamed).
FYI: The compete legal codes of CC can be found here and a simplified human readable! version will be available here.
Since 16 July 08:
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,887 photos, 19,477 members
- عكاسان جوان ايراني 659 photos, 85 members
- Iranian Architecture-معماری ایران 2,100 photos, 682 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 965,781 photos, 71,027 members
- Kish Island in Persian Gulf 725 photos, 86 members
- UNESCO's World Heritage in Iran 302 photos, 73 members
- Iran - ایران 24,889 photos, 1,355 members
- انجمن حمایت از محیط زیست / Safe Environment 2,075 photos, 406 members
- Iran 35,975 photos, 2,359 members
- Kandovan 50 photos, 27 members
- عکس هائی باتوضیحات فارسی 12,192 photos, 875 members
- *Khorasan* 3,072 photos, 437 members
- Jesus stories... 174 photos, 76 members
- Official National Geographic Group 454,028 photos, 15,406 members
- Ephemeral Folk Art 280 photos, 80 members
- Global Climate Change 4,920 photos, 1,247 members
- All Things About Persian Cultures & Persian Peoples 405 photos, 90 members
- Iran's explored photos 3,089 photos, 447 members
- YOUR PHOTO MEETS MINE!!!!! 18 photos, 238 members
- Shahrekord 94 photos, 33 members
- Critique me / من را نقد کنید 1,182 photos, 345 members
- Hormozgan-BandarAbbas 83 photos, 11 members
- Why Democracy? 789 photos, 87 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Dome' 92,877 photos, 13,271 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 155,367 photos, 6,894 members
- Travel beyond words 13,048 photos, 976 members
- Streets of Iran 1,138 photos, 181 members
- اطلس تصویری ایران : Pictorial Atlas of Iran 5,454 photos, 771 members
- Bushehr group 957 photos, 99 members
- Ecotourism 723 photos, 130 members
- Bakhtiari 240 photos, 122 members
- *ISFAHAN* 8,361 photos, 903 members
- worldwidewandering - a travel atlas 367,718 photos, 5,860 members
- Cultural Boxes 77,523 photos, 2,720 members
- Iran Desert 126 photos, 37 members
- Mosques and Muslim Architecture ( Invite Your Contacts ) 11,677 photos, 2,005 members
- Temple Mount 685 photos, 79 members
- Iranian : Humanistic , Photojournalism , Documentary , Street 1,053 photos, 77 members
- City Life - Tehran 580 photos, 42 members
- Pasargad (Pasargadae) 101 photos, 63 members
- Sharif University Views 34 photos, 13 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 339 photos, 160 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 100,563 photos, 5,139 members
- Iran (Persia) and Persian monuments 1,975 photos, 404 members
- DeleteMe! in need of new monikers 5 photos, 4,771 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 67,117 photos, 2,824 members
- Scuba Diving 63,111 photos, 3,638 members
- Diving 29,920 photos, 1,040 members
- FlickrCentral 6,077,911 photos, 183,645 members
- خاطرات 3 photos, 4 members
"I have known Hamed for several months on Flickr. He has a special gift for art, truth and friendship. I am blessed to know him. He has helped me to expand my view of the world and develop real friendship and connections within our human family. Thank you, Hamed."
26th December, 2007
MOHSEN MaSoUmI says:
"one of kind people , one of best boss :D , one of friendly friends
and i miss you hamed"
2nd December, 2007
"Hamed's enthusiasm for photography is inspiring. He has good eyes, great friends, and a bad camera. Don't let his craziness cloud your judgment and lead you to believe that he might be crazy: He is crazy!"
11th September, 2007
"Thanks for sharing your country and it's beauty with us!"
13th July, 2007
"Hamed is one of my best friends.
At first he was only a Virtual friend in Virtual world but today he is one of my best real friends .
I wish the best for him ..."
11th May, 2007
"Kudos to Hamed Saber and to the internet community of flickr. We are entering a new paradigm where people can connect to other people, minds to minds and hearts to hearts. We can now transcend the limitations that governments would impose upon us and reach across the artificial borders of nationalism and make friends thereby creating a truly global community. People like Hamed, with his gift of an eye for beauty and truth, coupled with his humanity and humor, give us true insights into the lives of our "enemies". It is much harder to kill a man when you have seen into the beauty of his soul and you have seen the sparkle of his smiling eyes. It is difficult to drop bombs on families when you have seen how much they resemble your own family. Thank you Hamed for having me as a friend and thank you for your art."
8th April, 2007
Kelly Cheng says:
"Hamed is a serious man. Not that he has no sense of humour, on the contrary, he can be very funny. He is an engineer, he plans, he is systematic and intelligent, a natural leader. He is kind, generous and honest. He does not like junk food, such as potato chips, unlike his friends. He likes things to be natural; he rather snacks on fruits and nuts and of course, everything made by Somayeh. Hamed and Somayeh would try to rise when the sun rises and take a walk at a park before going to work. Yes, he is serious about living, with a romantic heart, an idealistic vision and a progressive mind."
28th March, 2007
"Hamed is so kind and caring, and has a great perspective on things. He manages to lighten me up and give me an angle I didn't really look at but is probably best for me to consider! He is also a great photographer that I look forward to getting to know more as we share our lives thru photos on Flickr. Thank you Hamed!!"
17th January, 2007
my mailo says:
"He sees, with his eyes and touches all of the world's sightly.
He thinks and in his depth of his thought, we can observe the creating of beauties."
10th December, 2006
Roozbeh Feiz says:
"Since my short acquaintance with him I have always wondered who he really is, beyond his name and beyond his skin. Although very active in social activities, I think he is one of those personalities not very easy to know deeply. He belongs to the kind that I can call a little bit complicated. A complexity, which may lead to his relative unpredictability.
Visible enough he is an ambitious person with high social motivations who has succeeded to gather colorful of people with different personalities together. Hamed is the essential part of our gatherings, a person without him our community could hardly shape and grow the way it is growing now. Thank you Hamed and continue your good efforts!"
6th September, 2006
"Hamed Saber give me a true impression of Iran.
I love his shots."
31st July, 2006
J Gilbert says:
"Hamed is a new photographer, but he has a fantastic eye and real skill with the camera. I look forward to seeing his next image because it's always something fresh and different."
14th June, 2006
- Hamed Saber
- July 2004
- Tehran, Iran
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Computer Engineer
- My Picasa Photo Album