Official supplier of ballroom-dance images for use in Lindsey Odom's school projects
Which famous photographer are you?Henri Cartier-Bresson: Known for street photography and photojournalism"We are passive onlookers in a world that moves perpetually. Our only moment of creation is that 1/125th of a second when the shutter clicks, the signal is given, and motion is stopped..."
Click Here to Take This QuizBrought to you by www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm quizzes and personality tests.
"When we rejoice in beautiful scenery, great art, and great music, it is but the flexing of instincts acquired in another place and another time." (Elder Neal A. Maxwell, Ensign, May 1984, 21).
Active member of LDS Church. Married, with two children. Photography has long fascinated me, but only comparatively recently have I taken up the pastime in earnest. In July, 2005, I purchased my very first digital camera, inspired in large part by some of what I have seen on Flickr. (It was a Fujifilm FinePix A345, which was replaced three months later by my Nikon D50. In August, 2010, I upgraded to a Nikon D90, although I am keeping the D50 and expect to continue using it from time to time.)
In my now-frequent excursions into the fascinating (and rather addictive) world of Flickrdom, and in particular whenever I post photos of my own or select someone else's as a favorite, I try to follow the spirit of my church's Thirteenth Article of Faith. Echoing the language of Paul the apostle, as expressed in Philippians 4:8, the Thirteenth Article of Faith declares in pertinent part: "If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." My thanks are therefore in order to all of you good and creative souls who exemplify so well the joys of photography, and who have helped to make my Flickr experience such a pleasure, while at the same time making it consistent with this pleasing admonition.
Incidentally, both of my children are now members of Flickr. Vanessa, whose Flickr page may be found here, joined in August of 2005. While she has talent as a photographer, I do not expect this to become her true passion. Colin, who is 20, may end up being a different story. He appears here as infernosangel27, a name apparently inspired by our mutual love of Dante. I gave him my Fujifilm camera after I purchased my Nikon, and he put it to good use for a couple of years before purchasing a more advanced camera of his own. I believe he has the raw talent to be a superb photographer, and his skills will only improve as he learns more about photography. Go check out these kids' photos, and cheer them on if you feel so inclined.
Meanwhile, I have two blogs, one of which is listed below as my main webpage. The other one is Convivio, which I am using primarily as a showcase for what I consider the very best of my Flickr faves. Check it out, too.
N. B. -- If you leave vulgar or offensive comments on any of my photos, or if you fave them and I discover that you have no pictures in your own photostream, or if your photostream, your faved images, or the groups to which you belong suggest a fixation on pornography, you will immediately be blocked!
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.
Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.
You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.
The purpose of your life: showing love to other people
Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah
Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor
What Color Is Your Aura?
- The best pictures . 312 photos, 37 members
- Stunned by Beauty 33,057 photos, 1,654 members
- LINO's TOP GALLERY - P1/C2 SWEEPER ACTIVE 120 + FAVES 1,716 photos, 146 members
- DREAMLIKE PHOTOS 1,030 photos, 117 members
- The Distance Between Stars 20,792 photos, 738 members
- Only Invite / Only on Explore 34,083 photos, 1,328 members
- My Model (post 1 award 2) 9,168 photos, 780 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 4,719 photos, 728 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Shots 1,655 photos, 255 members
- .❤ SOLO RITRATTI / PORTRAITS ❤ Admin Invite only P1/C2 10,516 photos, 444 members
- FotoArtCircle - the miraculous world - Level 1 - (2P=5C) 82,503 photos, 5,330 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 292,575 photos, 43,198 members
- Portrait Showroom 3,369 photos, 536 members
- Hummingbirds Around the World 8,203 photos, 689 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 1 /Post 1 Award 5 55,684 photos, 3,854 members
- Fine Gold 524,964 photos, 23,068 members
- Fine Platinum 63,794 photos, 9,154 members
- Finest Diamond 31,831 photos, 5,708 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 62,972 photos, 3,770 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 10,776 photos, 9,163 members
- Art of Images...(P1/A3) / Not Awarding=BAN 705,038 photos, 33,693 members
- Filés et Mouvements - Post 1 - Comment 2 or Invite 1 1,044 photos, 380 members
- squareFormat 807,717 photos, 29,348 members
- Clair de femme 12,017 photos, 1,057 members
- * World Waterscapes (please comment) 36,902 photos, 1,565 members
- "SEASCAPE" 47,878 photos, 2,846 members
- la mer 1,794 photos, 88 members
- flickr (unofficial) 904,305 photos, 68,344 members
- Bellesa femenina 5,916 photos, 379 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,940 photos, 7,703 members
- Freedom of Expression - objective_art - P1/C1 *¨´* 39,670 photos, 1,823 members
- I think this is beautiful 4,322 photos, 228 members
- INSPIRED CHOICE (Admin Invite Only) Post 1 Award 3 4,425 photos, 172 members
- VoxPopuli~(P1/ A2) 39,719 photos, 1,317 members
- LA VIE EN ROSE ( Admin Invite Only ) 16,340 photos, 553 members
- Focus on Beauty(Admin-Invite) 17,177 photos, 1,444 members
- Light...Camera...Action ! (P1/A2) 1,920 photos, 345 members
- TOP MODEL ★ ★ ★ INCREDIBLES (Add 1 ~ Award 1) 14,607 photos, 943 members
- Nikon flickr Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 537,888 photos, 23,963 members
- Beautiful young women and their faces 27,344 photos, 1,543 members
- "TRE - THREE - TRES - TROIS - DREI" 1,889 photos, 604 members
- Merciless Beauty 6,423 photos, 356 members
- Portraits fantastique - MUST AWARD 1 12,257 photos, 2,973 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES (2/day) 64,605 photos, 8,204 members
- SHINING★STAR - Post 1- Give 5 Stars 851,935 photos, 28,422 members
- Photographic World ( Post 1/ Comm 2 ) 52,101 photos, 1,971 members
- Your Second Best Shot 2011 6 photos, 7 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,995 photos, 14,995 members
- Pretty Portraits ♥ 73,683 photos, 2,993 members
- !! **flickr Award (((MUST award 5))) 2,199,799 photos, 94,886 members
"It is hard to find the right words to describe the technical quality, capture of emotion, and the unique style that Gary puts into his photographs. He is able to capture a lovely tradition in ballroom dancing, and those are remarkable photos.
But the art doesn't stop there; He really does have a variety of simply beautiful photographs. It's obvious the models and subjects that Garry photographs trust him completely, a trait that is an art in itself.
Garry is a great friend, always offering advice and constant feedback to make me want to be a better photographer."
10th November, 2009
"I have had the pleasure and privilege of enjoying Garry's photography and friendship for several months now! Garry is intense and enthusiastic about his work, weather it be his models or nature that he is working with at the time. He has a passion and love for dance that can be felt in his photographs of Foxtrots, Waltzes and such. Garry has a love and compassion for people that touch his life in some way and he gives back to them by photographing those special people in a way that he intends to make them feel like they are the only people on the planet! Garry is a gifted photographer full of vision, a wonderful, trustworthy, loyal friend and a man with a BIG heart :) OMG I almost forgot, Garry is also an outstanding writer. He writes with the same passion as he does pointing the camera. I have been blessed that our paths have crossed and count him as a true friend!"
16th April, 2009
"You have many very nice shots. I am very happy to be your new contact and hope to become a friend..
17th June, 2008
Proverbs 31:10 says:
"Mr. Garry Wilmore is one of the most important persons in my life. I love him like my second dad on earth; his unconditional love and support have made a difference in my entire life.
Every single picture Garry submits to his photo stream comes right from his heart, revealing details of his deep feelings and daily life issues, he also has the ability to share his thoughts writing, indeed wordy but delightful.
Garry is the most lovely and kind-hearted person alive, he is an artist, a friend and a dad to me.
Garry is the kind of person you´d love to meet, so give yourself a chance…;)"
9th June, 2008
"Garry is photographer. Garry is a dancer. Garry has a powerful voice which could put James Earl Jones to shame. He can recite Dante's Divine Comedy in Italian or share with you one of his fantastic and amusing stories in Spanish as well. Garry has a sweet and kind soul. He's a loving and wonderful man who will stick around with you need it the most and everyone else has left. He's a true friend.
In his pictures, you will find bits of him, his passions, his kindness and his fantastic sense of humor."
17th January, 2008
"Gary's trademark is sunset photography - he is well versed in time lapse and some more specular and... unique photos that many do not have the eye to capture. I'm really impressed with his work and always look forward to the next day's sunset."
19th November, 2006
"Garry - I spent an hour this morning stepping through your photos. What a delight! I really enjoyed the commentary on each photo and the extreme diversity of your photographic experimentation. Thanks for sharing your passions with us."
11th September, 2005
"Garry is a new flickrite and from Arizona. We met last week at a meetup in Tempe at the IKEA store and then went on to Flagstaff. He photographs places I enjoy, especially at Wupatiki Ruins and Wukoki Ruins! Great promise as a digital photographer, lover of Dante, and he speaks great Italian."
17th August, 2005
- Garry Wilmore
- April 2005
- Chandler, Arizona, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Court administrator
- I miei cari amici