From early age I have been interested in photography. But not serously getting involved until ten years ago or so.
Now I am absolutely hooked.
People are my favorite genre. Portraits especially. I also like shooting candid on the street.
I´m not so much into flowers. Nor sunsets.
Thank you for taking time to look at my work. Flickr is quite amazing society!
visited 25 states (11.1%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of gunnisal (3)
- Natural Smiles 35 photos, 12 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Sleep' 92,954 photos, 13,299 members
- Copenhagen Cycle Culture 3,337 photos, 198 members
- iEyes 1,841 photos, 220 members
- Warm Heart of Africa 1,104 photos, 81 members
- Street Photography Worldwide 3,933 photos, 359 members
- Icelandic water in various forms 152 photos, 63 members
- Art of Images...(P1/A3) / Not Awarding=BAN 705,316 photos, 33,693 members
- 121clicks 9,655 photos, 2,522 members
- Hmong people 1,477 photos, 69 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,475 photos, 1,349 members
- Vietnam Images 97,782 photos, 5,540 members
- Smell the streets(STS) 814 photos, 811 members
- A Child's Life 31,089 photos, 1,876 members
- Creative Family Portraits ( Post 1, Award 1 Other in the Pool)! 1,502 photos, 242 members
- Portraits fantastique - MUST AWARD 1 12,275 photos, 2,973 members
- Black and White Photography Art 82,326 photos, 6,368 members
- E∂ιte∂ Pořtřαιts - Happy Valentine 21,625 photos, 1,639 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 10,106 photos, 2,779 members
- Humanity Through Photo 1,763 photos, 100 members
- Fictitious Reality-47th Exhibition-Richard Brocken 17 photos, 247 members
- Equal Treatment 229 photos, 24 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. an invite only group (P1/A2) 29,402 photos, 2,200 members
- Fictitious Reality 46TH Exhibition-anna morosini 14 photos, 272 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 42,087 photos, 3,754 members
- Hoppe street portraits competition 2,174 photos, 469 members
- WORLD WATER DAY 2011 Water for cities: responding to the urban c 668 photos, 160 members
- Fictitious Reality 45TH Exhibition-Jack.ed 22 photos, 239 members
- Futebol | Football | Fútbol | Soccer | Calcio | Fussball 10,980 photos, 778 members
- Ritratti in nero - Portraits in black - Retratos en negro *P1/C1 2,402 photos, 304 members
- Top 20 Elite Child Photo Winners ! 1,101 photos, 332 members
- Fictitious Reality 44TH Exhibition-Martha MGR 22 photos, 298 members
- Artistic Portraits, Post Processed 4,526 photos, 850 members
- Magnificent Portrait - Post 1 Give 5 2,468 photos, 234 members
- Fictitious Reality 43 th Exhibition-NaPix -- Hmong Soul / N A 22 photos, 356 members
- www.FrameDiscovery.com (want to be interviewed and showcased?) 311 photos, 74 members
- Energy for All in Africa by 2030 1,065 photos, 263 members
- Age of Innocence - 99,825 photos, 3,514 members
- Himba (natural beauty of the Himba Tribe of Namibia & Angola) 1,433 photos, 580 members
- Fictitious Reality 42th Exhibition-Louise LeGresley 21 photos, 258 members
- Fictitious Reality-41Th Exhibition-Plumbelina- 0 photos, 268 members
- PLANET EARTH WILDLIFE AND NATURE (INVITE ONLY) 24,286 photos, 1,720 members
- Siberian Husky 16,823 photos, 1,943 members
- SIMPLY YOUR BEST PHOTO (Post 1/ Award 3) / SWEEPER IS ON NOW 18,068 photos, 1,946 members
- Fictitious Reality 40TH Exhibition-Joseph Wigfall 30 photos, 299 members
- Fictitious Reality-39th Exhibition-.Betina. 22 photos, 325 members
- Fictitious Reality 38 th Exhibition-Jorge Meis 19 photos, 784 members
- Fictitious Reality 36 th Exhibition- Kirsty Mitchell 26 photos, 360 members
- Global midwives and mothers 209 photos, 50 members
- Fictitious Reality 35th Exhibition-ps70 returning slowly 20 photos, 411 members
"The greatest portraits on this site is from gunnisal. Thank You for showing humanity so beautiful!"
22nd August, 2010
"I'm definetely a fan of Gunnar's photography. There is a power and a fragility in his photos that keeps my attention. Thanks for sharing!"
13th May, 2010
"Gunnar will deliver. He doesn't fool around. His images are always visually entertaining and I do envy him. Makes me want to pull the eyes and brains out of him (and use them for myself, of course).
Brilliant photographer and I am happy to have known him online for quite some time now.
All the best."
19th April, 2009
"Gunnar makes pure art out of simplicity, bringing out the beauty with awereness of good to the world. Thank you for being you and sharing this joy of life!"
13th January, 2009
"Gunnar is ...
a very special photographer
from a beautiful and lovely
country called Iceland.
His main subject is my most
I love and admire all his
pictures and all of them
has their own unique story.
Wishing all the best
for the rest of his life
Greetings from New York City"
12th December, 2008
"Gunnar's portrait work is so inspiring. Every face seems to tell a story and the use of B&W adds authenticity and character to each image. I am always in awe at how he manages to produce such flawless and impressive work time after time. I have a lot to learn.
Congratulations on a wonderful body of work.
4th November, 2008
"Gunnar, you have this gitt in you that can capture the very depth of your subject with the click of your camera...I've yet to master the art of photograhy, but feel forever blessed to have you as a source of inspiration...I love your buddy icon...your smile is just as bright as sunshine and it really shows the love and joy that you bring to your subjects.
6th October, 2008
Proverbs 31:10 says:
"His pictures speak loudly about the real beauty, the beauty behind the eyes of these people, the stories their expressions/faces tell are touching. Gunnar´s gallery is a treasure."
21st June, 2008
"It is like for a moment, I have a private window into another world, another life but not only can I see that world/life, I'm able to feel it too.
Amazing portraits, amazing stream! Thanks for sharing!"
24th May, 2008
Brett Bogstad says:
"Words can't express how amazing these photos are. I can't stop looking!"
17th April, 2008
"When i stumbled on gunnisal photos i got inspired to try to get the same moments as he gets out of his photos. Incredible insight and emotions that gunnisal gives his photos with the right shots."
14th April, 2008
"An inspiration is the first word that comes to mind when I think of Gunnar and his work behind the camera. He knows how to bring out what to me seems to be the very truest essence in a person whether he is in Nicaragua or Africa. It is my goal to be able to take portraits nearly as well as Gunnar. Until then I will continue to learn from him daily."
10th April, 2008
Andri Elfarsson says:
"Gunnar´s portrait Art Exhibition on flickr is a brilliant example of how photographers can publish photos and gain popularity through their skills. He chooses his subjects carefully and has a keen eye for the moment - his work in Africa never ceases to amaze me."
5th April, 2008
zécarlos[ ô ]unroyal says:
"Gunnar is huge! His photos are true poems."
23rd March, 2008
"in a perfect world, I would shot exactly like him :-)."
29th February, 2008
"My favorite photographer on Flickr. Thanks for your inspiration."
4th January, 2008
"Es um privilegio poder conocer tantas historias ,admirar tanta belleza ,a través de tí.
26th November, 2007
magga mold says:
"I just went trough Gunnar’s entire photostream and what a pleasure it was! I stumbled on his photos by a change and they made me so happy. Gunnar has a uniqe talent for portrait photography. His photos reveal a huge respect and love, he has for his subjects. He also has a beautiful artistic eye for color and composition. So he makes beautiful non’people photos too. He embraces the moment with love of people, love of live and his sencitiv eye. I will be the first persone to buy his first photographic book!"
18th October, 2007
rui lebreiro says:
"I love Gunnar's work and style.
Love his portraits and the people moments he captures, filled with life, with emotions.
Also his b&w processing is awesome.
If you like people and b&w - like I do - you must follow his work.
Keep going on, we love it all the way.
29th September, 2007
"Gunnar definitely has the best collection of African portraits on Flickr. If you love Africa, his photo stream is a MUST! With his camera he managed to capture the essence of this wild and beautiful continent so well: love & anger, joy & sadness, curiosity & shyness, solicitude & abandon, hard work & pleasure, defiance & meekness, worry & patience, you name it! Oh, if these photos could just speak… A sincere BRAVO, Gunnar! (c: Kate (Hungary)"
1st July, 2007
- Gunnar Salvarsson
- May 2007
- Kopavogur, Iceland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Publishing & PR Manager