Welcome to the life of AriesEffects! I'm an Aries...and I love FX. Photo, Video, Special, Side, Adverse.....you name it!
I looooove the sound of the shutter. I love sharing my photos with friends and family. I love trying new techniques. Above and beyond all, I have a passion. If you don't enjoy what you do, change what you're doing.
I've learned a lot over time about lighting and how to get the exact look I’m going for. I remember being told years ago, " Practice, practice, practice!" It made sense, but I never really did it. I always wondered why my shots didn't look like I thought they should. Then low and behold, I started to PRACTICE......guess what?! HAHAHAHA, LMAO, yea that's right, I got a little better! I look back a few ears ago, and I thought I was awesome! I wasn't....I sucked! Even now, I'm not awesome. I'm sure I'll look back in another five or six years and wonder what the hell I was thinking. I constantly see photographers here on Flickr and elsewhere and wonder if I’ll ever reach that level of greatness. It's a constant reminder that "I" am "ME", and I should be happy doing what I do. It keeps me on my toes, striving not to become someone else, but to extract the inspiration I see in their work and to mold it into my ever growing passion and technique.
Work hard.....play hard!
Life's got me pretty busy right now. We've got two cats and two puppies. I work full time, while shooting on the side. I'm in the middle of my 365 , P90X, and trying to get the house manageable. There just aren't enough hours in the day! My life is definitely well documented!
- flickr (unofficial) 1,800,108 photos, 81,013 members
- Commercial Photography: Images and Techniques 369 photos, 466 members
- Mirrorball Award Group 1,605 photos, 147 members
- All Canon EOS Videos 156 photos, 99 members
- School of Digital Photography 479,755 photos, 15,643 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 89 photos, 201 members
- 365 Baby 11,603 photos, 309 members
- ParentDish (formerly Blogging Baby) 27,081 photos, 3,258 members
- !Pink! 1,124 photos, 354 members
- Strobist studio and setup photos 2,473 photos, 2,532 members
- The Teleidoscope - Week 52: How to find peace 4,063 photos, 1,178 members
- Breast Cancer Awareness 2010 149 photos, 359 members
- Fans of Drummy ™©'s Endworld 126 photos, 46 members
- Me Through Your Eyes 346 photos, 337 members
- Inside the soul 1 photo, 5 members
- Unflattering Face Thursday 37 photos, 87 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 44,718 photos, 773 members
- **** WCR **** 148 photos, 82 members
- Alien Bees 70,454 photos, 7,102 members
- Tributes to =Tom= 17 photos, 14 members
- ! The Artistic Photographers Guild ! 419 photos, 31 members
- friday night drunken webcam pics 46 photos, 154 members
- Creative 365 Self Portrait Ideas 3,246 photos, 554 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,734 photos, 22,826 members
- Minchia che foto! 75,896 photos, 3,608 members
- Let's Shoot Los Angeles 6,339 photos, 163 members
- Musically Challenged 2,264 photos, 381 members
- I'm a Flickr Badass 2,588 photos, 136 members
- No such thing as a stupid question 0 photos, 217 members
- F64 Challenge - G58 R4 comin right up! 4,669 photos, 1,007 members
- Project 365 Theme 16 photos, 12 members
- * Rav the Vag * 48 photos, 29 members
- Los Angeles 189,924 photos, 10,030 members
- How Do You Feel Today? 3,156 photos, 232 members
- AndYaDontStop Rockin' It! 72 photos, 53 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 213,703 photos, 3,568 members
- Wedding Photography 223,069 photos, 45,983 members
- Survivor: Flickr Island :: Game 28 - SIGN UP! 843 photos, 243 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,504 photos, 398 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 695,592 photos, 32,207 members
- iPhone 182,288 photos, 5,844 members
- Shmobist 862 photos, 146 members
- 52 pieces of me 333 photos, 145 members
- New Canon EOS 5D Mark II - only quality ph. - Post 1, comment 2! 15,670 photos, 655 members
- 5D markII Video & Photo Group 10,811 photos, 415 members
- Canon 5D Mk II Videos 1,609 photos, 942 members
- Self-Portraits! 483,126 photos, 44,854 members
- 365 Days: Rejects 13,957 photos, 798 members
- this is what i bring to flickr 16,554 photos, 730 members
- *** ツ Foto, Just Foto ツ Post 1 ツ Award 4 ツ *** 24,113 photos, 1,029 members
"Wow, where do I start.. Marcelle is not only an amazing photographer, but he is also a awesome story teller who will leave u laughing so hard with the stories he leaves with his photos...
Marcelle is also a awesome teacher , and if he knows the answer to any question asked , he will be more then happy to tell you.. The info he shares with you will inspire you ...."
13th June, 2010
RedHead66 * Marla says:
"When I first stumbled onto Marcelle's photostream.....I noticed a guy sitting there dumbfounded and staring at a red light. As I began to read his storyline, I laughed so hard.....I cried!
Marcelle is not only a talented photographer, and by that I mean his skills far surpass most on Flickr, but his ability to create character after character and such brilliant, elaborate story lines is truly remarkable!
No one does what Marcelle does ~ he is a unique talent and I beg you as the viewer to spend some serious time here.......take a journey and be prepared to laugh until your gut splits!
Oh yeah, and ....
The man himself is one of the kindest and most sincere people on Flickr......I count it both a blessing and a joy to know him. ;-)"
1st February, 2010
"Well, we all know he is a complete master of photography and controller of light. However, he is also an extremely generous person that has a sincere interest in helping the photographic community. As a new photographer, he could have easily brushed me off, but he engaged me with humor and respect and has helped me to become a better photographer. Meeting Marcelle here has reinvigorated me to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Thanks for being a flickr friend and for being the person you are."
28th August, 2009
"I have only known you for a bit, but your photography, creativity, and humor have inspired me. I don't write very many testimonials.. but if there were one dream.. I would follow you around for days like a puppy dog to learn your secrets. You ROCK.."
27th August, 2009
"Light is magic, and Agent 47 knows how to play with it!
Arieseffects' work is one of the most creative I know.
Each time I see one of his photos, I just want to go out and starts shooting!
Thanks to inspire me everyday!"
17th August, 2009
Ciel Photography says:
"Marcelle's stream is a daily surprise! This guy puts so much time and effort into his photos and boy does it show off! I love the characters he portrays and the props he uses! So much humor and creativity, I'm a fan!"
20th August, 2009
Black Rider Studios says:
"Mr Aries. has a tremendous talent. Packed with his weapons and his super quick camera he is able to project any image that his limitless creative mind can fabricate. I have become a huge fan of his stream and I hope to see more of his 365."
4th August, 2009
"Marcelle is one of the most creative people on Flickr. His 365 is one of very favorites, because I truly never know what to expect. The time and effort he puts into each of his image is worth it, and it pays off. He is talented, and was making bad ass images even before he got a super fancy camera. :) I can't wait to see what he'll do next, or what kind of story his pictures will tell - but whatever it is, it will not only impress you but stick with you in your mind.
Loveeee your work."
25th July, 2009
"If you're looking for humor, incredible lighting, mad props and brilliant photographic ideas, then you've come to the right place! Arieseffects's stream is the kickstart I need daily..lol :) Great work, buddy."
9th July, 2009
- Marcelle Grizzelle
- March 2006
- Pasadena, Ca
- Simi Valley, Ca, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Systems Administrator, Photographer
- Grizzelle Photography
- mgrizzelle [at] yahoo.com