Pretty much a jack-of-all-trades as I've done a little bit of everything. Currently doing specialized, upper-level administrative work. Just completed my Certificate of Accomplishment in Electronic Pre-Press (web, Photoshop, DTP, etc.) as I find this sort of stuff fascinating.
Hobbies (in no particular order): computers; graphic design; photography; random art projects; flirting (badly); poi spinning; costuming; technical theater; renfaires; comic books; and action figures. Yes, I'm a bigger geek than "Weird Al's" White & Nerdy - just a lot cooler. ^.^
I have a serious weak-spot for the "geeky, bad grrls." As a kid, I kissed the Blarney Stone and seriously have the gift of gab; I'm smart-ass of the highest order and very snarky/witty/comical with my comments, observations, and responses - you have been warned!
A lot of my photography and design work revolves around form & function ranging from sensuality, myth, fantasy, nature, and architecture - mostly of a light-hearted nature but a little bit of dark stuff as well - so you'll never know what you'll find in my sets. *laughs* My main rule is that I won't post anything I'd be embarrassed to show my mother and/or family. With that in mind, I will post images/videos that I feel will entertain my viewers.
Cosplay photos: In terms of my cosplay photography, I loosely use the term for how I go about things is gonzo. Not the adult definition of the word but in the attitude of get in, frame the shot, take the shot, and move on. One of my personal annoyances is with photographers who monopolize a photo-set & models, and then bring in every piece of fancy equipment he/she owns (lenses, filters, lights, reflectors, diffusers, et al) to a location to get that "perfect" photo. I don't believe in doing this and strip things to their bare essentials and add in effects afterwards if I feel it will add to the mood of the picture or requested by the subject in my photos.
While I won't argue that some photographers get amazing photos by using these techniques, I'm of the opinion that it takes away from the spotaniety and fun of the moment. Cosplay is supposed to be fun and imaginative.
I'm also conversant (e.g., can get my ideas across) in French (Je parle le français avec l'accent de Belgique.) and American Sign Language. I also know a small bit (couple of words or phrases) of Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, and Gaelic.
I currently have no plans for world domination. Trust me. :-D
Photo usage: For the record, I really don't mind people using my photos on different social media sites (e.g., Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, et al) and find it quite humbling and flattering that people like my work well enough to re-post it somewhere else. However, all of my work is under a Creative Commons copyright. What that means: if you use something of mine, you have to provide a link back to the source or provide credit to me. Sounds fair, yes?
The Creative Commons license I use prohibits derivative & commercial usage. In plain language, you can't change my images nor use them for something that makes money without contacting me first. Had a recent issue with a jerk who re-purposed one of my images without permission nor provided credit to me and I had to (unfortunately) involve the DCMA to have the image(s) removed. It sucked having to do this but this person did not play nice nor by the rules and needed to be smacked for this.
Sorry for being a a bit of hard-ass on this. It's for both my and the subject of my photos protection.
visited 27 states (54%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Like this? try: Triposo Travelhacks
visited 10 states (4.44%)Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische vertaling duits?
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 123,743 photos, 5,826 members
- Macro for all 21,775 photos, 1,276 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 159,765 photos, 9,089 members
- Ivory Art 375 photos, 55 members
- Serious Raw Beauty 46 photos, 15 members
- Neo-Nostalgia 1,493 photos, 187 members
- Halloween Makes Me Happy 197 photos, 52 members
- HALLOWEEN WORLDWIDE 32,446 photos, 6,342 members
- Autumn / Fall Colors and Themes 54,015 photos, 5,634 members
- Autumn Anywhere 27,664 photos, 2,780 members
- Lego Outdoors 5,546 photos, 576 members
- Candid Costumed Moments 538 photos, 73 members
- DragonCon 2013 9,505 photos, 124 members
- DragonCon 2013 Pictures 4,601 photos, 42 members
- Ring Flash Macro 553 photos, 106 members
- Neewer Macro Ring Flash/Light 108 photos, 33 members
- Otakon 2013 563 photos, 11 members
- B&W 3,300,437 photos, 162,660 members
- Black and White 5,464,242 photos, 267,146 members
- Gems, Rocks, and Minerals 2,447 photos, 122 members
- Jewelry in Museums 485 photos, 107 members
- moon and sky photographs 19,562 photos, 2,998 members
- Sky @ Night 7,389 photos, 641 members
- *Animal Photography* 440,736 photos, 21,784 members
- Aesthetic Alliance ( Invitation Only ) 11,369 photos, 1,155 members
- Gaming Universe 456 photos, 62 members
- Alaska The 49th State 8,923 photos, 349 members
- Alaska! 62,904 photos, 3,358 members
- Alaska Shutterbugz 25,413 photos, 1,097 members
- Seattle 148,940 photos, 7,546 members
- Seattle Center 5,315 photos, 788 members
- Seattle, Washington 7,037 photos, 343 members
- Awesome Con D.C. (2013) 10 photos, 1 member
- What's Blooming in Smithsonian Gardens 418 photos, 35 members
- Unusual and Trick Photography 331 photos, 58 members
- Low light photography 123,185 photos, 7,014 members
- Night Time and Low Light 57,734 photos, 4,411 members
- Circus Photography 14,552 photos, 1,626 members
- Acrobats 2,823 photos, 455 members
- The Greatest Show on Earth 1,790 photos, 111 members
- Flickr Big Cats 86,740 photos, 10,272 members
- Katsucon 19 2013 1,667 photos, 23 members
- Wild Cat World 7,466 photos, 849 members
- Tout sur la grenouille 601 photos, 38 members
- Universal Studios Theme Parks 714 photos, 68 members
- Marvel Universe 2,279 photos, 177 members
- Disney Park Decoration 3,947 photos, 209 members
- Disney is in the Details 27,682 photos, 946 members
- Disney's Winter Wonderlands-Christmas with Disney 5,180 photos, 320 members
- Fanboy Fantasy Girls 5,805 photos, 148 members
greyloch doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- born in Baltimore, MD - live outside of Washington, DC
- Washington, DC, area, U.S.A.
- I am:
- Da Man!