Photography is my hobby. I have a lot of positive experiences with it. Photography is a welcoming break from daily work. I started taking pictures when I was 14. I bought a used SLR equipment with my first earned money and dreamed to make big pictures. But that wasn't so when I saw my first results.
To improve my skill I visited workshops, was member of different photo clubs and bought a lot of equipment. I am a member of the foto community flickr since 2007, and this was also the time where I made the most progress. I have a lot of friends in flickr all over the world. We are sharing the passion for photography and of coarse inspiration.
During my progress I found a fondness in nature and landscapes photography. Favorite topics are trees, wide landscapes and atmospheric moods with direct sunlight. In landscape photography there is a risk of making pictures that just look like pretty postcards, which I personally don't like. I am still in progress, a goal for me is to shift from nice pictures to meaningful picture.
Most pictures in my archive where captured with Nikon F4s on Velvia slides. I changed very late in 2007 to digital technique. Shortly before I worked 2 years strictly with a Sinar 4x5inch camera. I was fascinated on the advantages of adjustments and to do everything manually. My fondness for landscape photography leads my also to panorama technic using a Noblex roundshot camera. Currently all the analog stuff is unused, I completely in digital world. With the Nikon D700 I am on full frame again, after steping up from D200 and D80. At moment I would never give away my digitally equipment. Because the possibilities are huge and I mean its efficiency is better as with analog cameras.
Photos of gregor H (3)
- Best of Great Britain 32,890 photos, 3,048 members
- IRELAND TODAY 39,424 photos, 810 members
- Ireland 185,139 photos, 8,248 members
- The Light Fantastic 592,348 photos, 29,663 members
- Irland Nov 2013 0 photos, 1 member
- Landscapes Naturally 1,094 photos, 228 members
- s’Ländle 115 photos, 23 members
- ou, ou voradelberg, bischt zwar als land an zwearg... 683 photos, 68 members
- Vorarlberg 2,196 photos, 153 members
- Flickr Friday 6,026 photos, 10,179 members
- Isle of Skye 14,914 photos, 1,758 members
- The Truth Gallery (Post1, Award1) - Admin Invite Only. 9,959 photos, 993 members
- PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED 954 photos, 199 members
- Pastel Tones 746 photos, 67 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 44,998 photos, 2,616 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 148,448 photos, 6,488 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes in the world 5,890 photos, 2,931 members
- Gaißau 51 photos, 5 members
- Magical places and trees 6,707 photos, 946 members
- Nikon Camera Club 24,096 photos, 2,360 members
- Landscape Exploration 115,988 photos, 6,600 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 247 photos, 260 members
- TALENTPHOTO MAGAZINE 11,769 photos, 802 members
- BLACK & WHITE Creative Artwork 99,958 photos, 4,876 members
- Sigma DP Group 30,372 photos, 872 members
- Sigma DP1 Camera 40,491 photos, 2,216 members
- Noblex 1,336 photos, 170 members
- Softly Spoken (Admin Moderated) 25,469 photos, 1,359 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,995 photos, 100,281 members
- Excellent Landscapes 2,518 photos, 326 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,163 photos, 7,130 members
- Nikon D700 266,519 photos, 14,210 members
- Landscape photography 566,493 photos, 27,637 members
- Nature Photography 987,824 photos, 31,542 members
- Fall Into Autumn 96,245 photos, 8,711 members
- Flickr Addicts 4,138,770 photos, 67,582 members
- Magic Moments 660,084 photos, 25,041 members
- Landscape 813,724 photos, 74,383 members
- Seasons on me 31,018 photos, 1,436 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ New Contest ~ ~ 75,536 photos, 7,449 members
- B&W 3,283,147 photos, 161,895 members
- Exceptional Landscape Photography 268 photos, 43 members
- photokina 2012_fine_art_gallery_22 48 photos, 170 members
- DREAMTIME | Boundary between Wilderness & Civilization 2,352 photos, 185 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 10,699 photos, 1,191 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 9,646 photos, 1,560 members
- Green Eden 17,078 photos, 1,741 members
- Scotland in the Gloaming 13,588 photos, 1,359 members
- Long Exposure 546,889 photos, 51,924 members
- Hitech Filters 7,415 photos, 806 members
Pavel M says:
"Gregor is a very accomplished photographer. As a photographer, I particularly value his effort to notice and show subtleties that often escape many of us, no matter how hard we try to see them or to capture them. That to me comes pretty close to what I see as creativity. I see Gregor as a very creative photographer in a subtle, non-showy way that really appeals to me.
Yet this would not be enough for me to write a testimonial. Gregor was the very first on PP that encouraged me and advised me and who saw a potential for my future growth when few others saw it or expressed it. I treasured his comments greatly and still do. To me Gregor is another pillar of the PP group and one of the reasons I keep on coming back.
Thank you Gregor for helping me grow as a photographer"
24th December, 2010
Robert Kalb says:
""Gregor" ein langjähriger Freund von mir, auch im Fotografischen Sinne!
Wir haben viel fotografiert, Ausstellungen & Bücher angeschaut,
geplaudert und auch ein wenig miteinander gekocht.
Gregor ist nicht nur ein Meisterkoch, er hat sich auch zu einem,
für mich besten Landschaftsfotografen hochgearbeitet!
Ich freue mich für Ihn und wünsche weiterhin viel Erfolg und "Gut Licht"!
P.s. Schade das ich in Wien bin!!
Liebe Grüße Robert"
12th April, 2010
H o g n e says:
"Gregor's photographic works possess an irresistible mixture of clarity and freshness. This trademark reflects in many ways the light and the freshness of his home location surrounded by the great landscape of the Alps. Through his photographic eye he has captured the beauty of the mountains, the valleys and the forests during all seasons of the year. Breathtakingly beautiful photographic works which inspire and motivate me. Besides being an excellent photographer Gregor is also a good friend and someone who always gives honest and constructive feedback. Gregor, thank you for your friendship and for sharing your photographic works."
30th August, 2009
Tom Gill. says:
"Gregor is an inspiration! I can't wait for each of his new photos to appear on his photostream. His landscapes are incredible. One of the reasons I strive to learn more about photography is to accomplish similar balance and beauty in my photos."
2nd December, 2008
Rob Orthen says:
"Gregor is an astonishing landscape photographer whos work inspires me. He has the courage to follow his own vision and produces beautiful natural images. Gregor, I think you were one of my first Flickr contacts as I started here, and I remember looking through your stream and enjoying the images. I hope you get to chase after the "perfect shot", getting closer and closer when time goes on, as this in my oppinion is greatest in photography."
23rd November, 2008
Luís C says:
"Gregor became one of the landscape photographers I appreciate the most among my contacts. His work reveals great ability as a nature observer, fine technical skills and good aesthetic taste. Gregor's landscapes and Nature photos are never a cliché or postcard and one easily notices his creative efforts. Besides, Gregor lives in a beautiful European region, closely surrounded by some fantastic locations. Not least, he is a good friend and is polite but incisive comments always provide constructive feedback. To you, my friend, I wish all the best in your pursuit of the perfect light and landscape."
26th November, 2008
Carboxyl Heaven says:
"After Looking through Halbwedl's incredible portfolio of professional photos, I had to add him as a contact because I found myself faving nearly every single photo I looked at. His captures of nature are rivaled by no one as far as I'm concerned, they are truly incredible compositions of some of the most beautiful locations I've seen. Their colors and vividness make every photo stand out, they all have a sense of his style."
11th August, 2008
"Dear Mr. Gregor Halbwedl,
I wanted to thank you for your wonderful comments. They are of a great help to me (as I am an eternal beginner) and also, they encourage me because they come from a perfect photographer as you are. Your photos truly inspire me.
Danke schön :)
19th February, 2008
"Gregor's stream is one of my favorite on flickr! His photo's are absolutely amazing and I hope to take some that compare with his someday! His photo's look like they come straight out of national geographic or better! They're full of rich color and I could go through his whole stream faving every one. Definitely a fantastic photographer, don't hesitate to add him!"
11th February, 2008
natalia martinez says:
"hola gregor,encontre tu galeria y la verdad debo decirte que tienes nos sohts realmente fantasticos,las exposiciones son muy bien expuestas y sobretodo los procesados tuyos son buenos por quer realzan la fotografia ,tambien decirte que tienes la suerte de poder tener esa riqueza de paisajes proximos a ti,gracias por enseñarnoslas y sigue asi.saludos."
11th January, 2008
"Gregor is a fairly new contact, but one whose stream I look forward to visiting daily due to his beautiful depiction of Winter. He has also been very helpful with composition advice on my images and is helping me to see my subject through new eyes."
10th January, 2008
"How Can I say about a Man who i don´t Know?, just can i talk about the things he show us. He show us Nature, Beauty, Peace....incredibles landscapes.
We can see, in his photos, a very sensitive person who can "take" the moment, the peace and feelings about a place.
Here you can find amazing places, throught his eyes and his camera we can find out a new world.
Just come on, and see.
PD: sorry about my poor english my friend"
13th July, 2007
- May 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken