My name is Grant and I am a Christian.pastor.husband.father.son.newbie photographer. I love to take picture because it makes me slow down and look around and look at life from different angles (something we all should do!).
Photos of Grant MacDonald (4)
- in explore 81,855 photos, 5,282 members
- Metallic Objects~Admin Invite Only! Post 1 - Comment 1 62,653 photos, 2,258 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 14,474 photos, 796 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 user 149,578 photos, 6,692 members
- artistic black and white - post 1, award on 3 - sweeper on- 5,327 photos, 600 members
- Samsung Mobile Photography 9,550 photos, 712 members
- BULL'S EYE ( post 1 - throw 3 Darts) SPRING CONTEST - open! 96,508 photos, 5,353 members
- Show off your country! 1,418 photos, 67 members
- Rural Decay 174,071 photos, 30,799 members
- as beautiful as you want 573,661 photos, 10,236 members
- Photo Infos 114,433 photos, 3,762 members
- bokeh 192,656 photos, 37,019 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 399,877 photos, 39,189 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 204,078 photos, 8,980 members
- Funny 82,415 photos, 7,874 members
- OH NO, NOT ANOTHER FLOWER! (AWARD 3) 22,859 photos, 1,848 members
- Exquisite Flowers 19,348 photos, 1,111 members
- Ontario Travel 1,608 photos, 121 members
- Tornado relief 6,011 photos, 634 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,746 photos, 100,482 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 43,190 photos, 3,649 members
- Camera Nuts 10,603 photos, 562 members
- PHOTOTALKGROUP[High Quality Images] 3,378 photos, 549 members
- Arizona Discovery 56,128 photos, 2,565 members
- Super Perfect Photographer Group (OPEN) 3,182 photos, 1,614 members
- Nodding Violet Photoshop Actions 90 photos, 39 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,432 photos, 3,792 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row guidelines) 79,331 photos, 6,531 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (((click "about" to find award))) 2,399,368 photos, 95,607 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 75,790 photos, 7,455 members
- artland 557,402 photos, 29,738 members
- B&W Elite ( HQ ) - Invited Only 2,799 photos, 623 members
- World of Classic Cars 375,439 photos, 11,606 members
- Olympus E-30 30,877 photos, 715 members
- Photographic Excellence (Post 1 Award 1) 38,896 photos, 3,462 members
- In the Alley 281 photos, 53 members
- flickr SILVER 19,758 photos, 1,212 members
- NATURE ♥ unlimited ♥ (Public Group Forever) 168,228 photos, 4,485 members
- Vivid Masters 2,881 photos, 1,185 members
- Peterborough ON 6,207 photos, 218 members
- Montijo Verde e Amarelo / Montijo Green and Yellow 9,414 photos, 2,419 members
- -Moody&Spooky- * Post 1, comment on 2 * 14,759 photos, 1,557 members
- How Did You Do That 21,113 photos, 1,042 members
- La bellezza della Natura - Nature's Beauty 20,563 photos, 1,733 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 58,816 photos, 2,273 members
- Ontario Canada Farms 5,719 photos, 416 members
- Fictitious Reality 35th Exhibition-ps70 returning slowly 20 photos, 409 members
- A Double Fave (admins' choice) 912 photos, 2,855 members
- Finest Images Admin Invite - Post 1 Award 2 21,279 photos, 1,562 members
- NaturePhotographs 129,469 photos, 6,660 members
Misty DawnS says:
"I have had the wonderful pleasure of enjoying Grant as a Flickr friend for almost FOUR years... almost as long as I've been on Flickr! In those four years of experience, I can honestly say, without a doubt, that he is one of the most genuine, encouraging, and caring Flickr friends I have. There have been many times when my confidence was low, and Grant swooped in with one of his supportive and praising comments, which truly gave me a needed boost and encouraged me to keep at it. Without even knowing it, he has helped me believe in myself when I wasn't. For that, I will always be thankful.
Not only does Grant have a generous and caring heart, he also has a wonderful talent in photography. His photographs show the beauty he sees in everything around him. It's always a joy to "follow along" with Grant to see the beauty that he finds each day.
Thank you, Grant... for being you!"
18th March, 2011
"Grant is a true blue FLICKR friend. He can be counted on to comment truthfully."
27th July, 2009
"Grant is a wonderful flickr friend. In his photos he captures enchanting scenes and phenomenal colors. His shots vary in subject matter, but the quality is always terrific. I love to view his photostream to see what new masterpieces he has created. I also look forward to his thoughtful comments.
I am very glad to have met Grant on flickr, and I look forward to many gorgeous photos from him."
21st July, 2009
John Glass says:
"Grant has a great creative photographic gift. He is well able to see the 'big picture' but also has the capacity to draw the very best from what he sees around him."
21st July, 2009
"Huge range of subject matter, astounding and beautifully shot. Grant has a great flare for sharing his minds eye view as we are drawn in and zoomed out to a spectacular range of sharp, crisp well balanced photos which are both pleasing to the eye as well as thought provoking.
Thanks you Grant sharing your enjoyable works."
16th May, 2009
"Grant's photos are one that I can spot out of all the photos on the page, but you just never know what he will be shooting that day! He has been one my Flickr friends from almost the my beginning, and has given encouraging advice when I needed it. Thanks Grant!"
12th March, 2009
"J' apprécie énormément la qualité de tes créations, c' est un Bonheur pour les Yeux, Félicitations.
I appreciate enormously the quality of your creations, it is a pleasure for the eyes, Congratulations.
New gallery Flickr following the link: www.flickr.com/ph..."
28th January, 2009
"Grant has been a Flickr friend for a long time. What I love about Grant's stream, and what keeps me coming back, is that he is a whiz at everything he touches. Whether it is flowers, people, buildings, or even macro he manages to capture a moment in time. His HDR work is incredible! He inspires me with his creativity and style. He is also a dear Flickr friend. Thank you Grant for sharing your talents with us. xxx"
29th December, 2008
"The G-Mac. His photographs fill the hearts and minds of anyone that looks...GLANCES at his work. Very seldom do you get a slap/hug from a photograph. I can say without hesitation Grant has a superior keen eye that does just that. A stream that sinks into my brain to fill it with want........calm.....and displacement.
You've just been slap/hugged."
6th November, 2008
"Grant's photostream is just divine!!! as soon as you start to browse you'll find that time has whipped by, you're finger will be sore from clickin the fav button, you'll be typing comments left, right & centre and by the time you're thru you'll end up with a numb bum lol.
Of course, all of this is a good thing because grant's images are just fabby. He's got such an excellent eye for photography and he see's the beauty in the simplest forms, traditional concepts and you can see how observant he is with each and every photo.
It's definitely a photostream that you do NOT want to miss out on, so stop reading this and dive in!! you'll not be disappointed!!
Keep up the good work grant, i look fwd to seeing more of your wonderful images."
11th April, 2008
"Grant has the look. His photos are amazing. It is worthwhile to browse in his collection. And he is a loyal friend. Nice to meet you here, Grant."
4th April, 2008
Faith Alexandra says:
"Grant has a great eye for different shots that nobody has taken before. He captures anything and everything beautifully. His knowledge of photography and editing is great and he's always there to offer encouragement, and tell you what he thinks would look better/worse and gives you his honesty. A wonderful friend who I've known most of my life. Keep up the fantastic work Grant!"
30th March, 2008
"Grant has been the one constant since my humble beginnings on Flickr just over a year ago. Not only does he have one of the sharpest eyes in the photography world, he shares his wealth of knowledge with some many. Grant offers support and encouragement at every turn.....a true friend!"
28th February, 2008
"I've known Grant since the Fuji S5200 days. I've seen him grow as a photographer over the last year with his inheritance of my ex E-500. He is gifted, moreso than he thinks I believe. Definately one of the nicer folks on Flickr, always comments and awards freely. I am lucky to have Grant as one of my cherished Flickr contacts."
6th January, 2008
RLJ Photography NYC says:
"From Within Minutes of browsing this wonderful collection of photographs it was clear to me that a deep wonderful soul is within this magnificent artist and photographer. He is without a doubt head and shoulders above the rest. I aspire to be able to create beautiful images like this....Incredible....Take some time and enjoy this beautiful stream, you won't regret it...!!!!"
7th December, 2007
"All the nice things said here about jgrantmac's shooting are true.... but I would just like to add that he is a total sweetheart. So kind and considerate. He strips away my misanthropy every time I see him. I'm so glad he's here in the community."
29th November, 2007
"I'm very proud of Jgrantmac, because he was one of the first photographers on Flicker's community who wrote comments on my photos.
He' s the one who can transform the four elements, water, fire, earth and air, into light, color, contrast and impressive captures.
Thank you for your genial photos."
29th September, 2007
"I have to say JGrantMac is one of my favorite flickrites. What diverse and beautiful photos. I love his perspective and look forward to seeing what he shoots next."
28th April, 2007
"Grant has a wonderful ability ... as he puts it, to slow down ... and in doing so he transforms his view of the world into something that we can all enjoy ...
I have to say that it is odd enjoying images of ice during the winter, but his skill is that good.
Keep up the excellent work ... can't wait to see more!"
27th January, 2007
Jeff Holbrook says:
"What a wonderful eye he has! He has the ability to see details that most people would miss, and then adds great compositional skills and comes up with exceptional photographs.
He is also a very caring person. I am sure if I lived in his area I would be attending his church!
Spend some time browsing his photostream, folks! You'll be happy you did!!"
29th December, 2006
"Grant may be new to photography but his skills are obvious for all to see. He has a great eye for a good photograph and he is not afraid to to take pictures that the rest of us take for granted. He has a great sence of 'form' and 'beauty' and he produces some fantastic photographs."
27th October, 2006
- Grant MacDonald
- March 2006
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Grant's Graceland