Today is a good day's photostream Pro User
Hi - thanks for visiting.
For me photography has been a passion and a fascination ever since I could hold a camera: film, digital, creative, studio, travel, fashion, nature, reportage…..
I've been part of the Flickr community for over five years. More than the images (and the stats, and Explore!!!) are the people. It's been great to make contact and share ideas and inspiration and to meet people (virtually and for real) from across the world.
Please leave comments, or get in touch. (Sorry though - I'm a bit behind replying to those that have made me a contact or invited me to a group. I just don’t quite have enough free time!!!)
If you'd like to use ANY of my photographs for ANY purpose please let me know.
This is me - taken by the wonderful *CA*:
My Darckr page is here
You can get a quick overview of my photostream here.
You can see my "most interesting" images here
Easy links to slideshows:
My "most faved" images here (Have a look!)
Some of my images I really like here
- Cool Music group 2,742 photos, 138 members
- Ski photography 1,599 photos, 413 members
- Skiing Pictures 2,008 photos, 198 members
- UAE BEST 11,251 photos, 3,830 members
- Dubai Mall 409 photos, 104 members
- Val d'Isere 1,072 photos, 60 members
- Talk Photography's Photo52 2012 753 photos, 79 members
- ✿.•❤RED✿POPPY❤•.✿ 2,764 photos, 816 members
- The Art of Photosynth 117 photos, 47 members
- Colouring Competition (New JUNE Template!!) 172 photos, 219 members
- Eden Project 7,234 photos, 863 members
- 10th anniversary of 9/11 471 photos, 237 members
- ICBT Sep 7th 0 photos, 1 member
- Alan Turing (1912 - 1954) 256 photos, 56 members
- Station X 687 photos, 69 members
- Bletchley Park Trust 5,322 photos, 253 members
- Candid & Street Photography UK and Ireland 11,843 photos, 197 members
- Hidden Journeys 1,254 photos, 215 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 241,025 photos, 21,765 members
- For Garnite! 557 photos, 141 members
- I AM NIKON 349,403 photos, 14,301 members
- Nature's Power 30,748 photos, 998 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,098 photos, 3,460 members
- iPhone Autostitch 3,161 photos, 501 members
- Autostitch (and other stitching software) 74,653 photos, 7,687 members
- Old Royal Naval College Greenwich 4,159 photos, 278 members
- Solar Eclipse 2011 172 photos, 87 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing LIVE 33,561 photos, 5,072 members
- Solar Eclipse ------ ASTROPHILE&METEOROLOGY 1,516 photos, 364 members
- Science Museums of the World United 2,674 photos, 301 members
- NIKON speedlight SB600 - SB700- SB800 and SB 900 63,578 photos, 8,436 members
- in loving memory of imapix 132 photos, 156 members
- Magic Landscapes (Invite Only) Please P1/C2. 8,494 photos, 513 members
- just ferns... 6,141 photos, 1,670 members
- Instruction #1 366 photos, 1,541 members
- Ski Canada Now 167 photos, 45 members
- Furry Friday 40,259 photos, 1,922 members
- owl friday 422 photos, 174 members
- South Bank 5,363 photos, 469 members
- Londonist 209,894 photos, 5,849 members
- I Love Greenwich Market 587 photos, 128 members
- Mantis Gallery 4,535 photos, 937 members
- UK - Wildlife & Nature 130,158 photos, 3,554 members
- alt. 21,415 photos, 934 members
- Alternative Photography, World Unite! 9,838 photos, 597 members
- lumen art 2,059 photos, 194 members
- Aberdeen 12,905 photos, 622 members
- Travel portraits of local people (geotagged) 50,300 photos, 3,314 members
- Tobago 693 photos, 53 members
- We say YES to Videos on Flickr 9,937 photos, 1,792 members
"When you discover someone's stream you really like, you want to come back again and again, then you eagerly await new uploads, almost knowing what will come . What I enjoy here, is that you never know what you will find or quite where he has been. The photography is first class, amazing, with twists of the out of the ordinary. I love the nature shots abroad and home : The forests of Ashridge with captures of deer and bluebells that would make me tremble with excitement if they were my own, the images from Norway are breathtaking and in China he presents daily life scenes that have an editorial quality written all over them. His stunning lensbaby and windblown florals almost render me speechless. If that wasn't enough, he is the sweetest kindest gentleman, who will help if he can, and finds time to check out new streams and encourage others. Im happy to call him a special flickrfriend, hidden in his sets I find gems that Ive missed on previous visits. Sometimes you feel the need to browse for someone new and refreshing, but I dont know anyone who has such a diverse stream, who achieves his standard."
14th February, 2008
"He has a heart of gold and an eye to die for (and he's even better at cliches than I am!)"
2nd December, 2007
"Remember the name: Ken Douglas. You will be seeing it in lights one day.
Ken's photos are wide-ranging in subject and treatment. The popularity of his work is so very well deserved. For a special treat, just view a "slideshow" of one of his "Good Ones" collection. You will be astonished, impressed, and amazed. From the subtle to the sublime. . . to the daring and the impactual.
Ken also takes the time to visit and encourage other photographers. It's always a treat to have him come by my photostream."
22nd June, 2007
"Oor Ken is a high flyer here on Flickr.
He gets around a bit and always comes back with superb shots that really capture the spirit of the place that he had had the misfortune of being temporarily domiciled at.
Great photography - bright, bold, iconic, beautiful, engaging. He has the knack of finding the most excellent angle. He presents it here, thus illuminating and enriching our visual day.
A true image adventurer and explorer, whose stream it is a pleasure to behold.
PS he seems to like the birds too!"
24th December, 2005
Jeff Clow says:
"Ken's photostream is varied, always interesting and often brilliant....and his talented photo "eye" catches things with his lens that others looking at the exact same scene would miss.
He also is an active member of the Flickr community who takes the time and effort to comment on hundreds of other people's efforts....and we're very fortunate to have his talent...and his kind and generous involvement here....
Truly a class act....!"
28th August, 2005
"With one of the best names in flickr and a cheery icon to go with the name, it is always a pleasure to see a comment from Ken. He flits around the world like some mad hummingbird taking fantastic pictures of wherever he travels. Always varied, always interesting, a flick through Kens stream can turn a bad day into a good day... today!!"
20th August, 2005
"Hmmm... I thought "today is a good day" meant for me, when I see he puts new pictures up!"
13th August, 2005
"Today is a Good day... that pretty much sums up his philosophy on when's a good time to take pictures.
I am constantly amazed at the beauty and coolness of his photos. No matter where he goes (and boy, does he go places!), he returns with loads of mind-blowing photos to inspire creativity and envy."
2nd August, 2005
- Ken Douglas
- April 2005
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- My website