Living literally on the West Coast of Scotland, I'm a husband, father, and artist. I've been on Flickr since 2004, using this medium to display my creativity, then exalt in the fact that someone, somewhere, might actually like it.
Up until April 2007 I used a Nikon D70s, then a D200, and since April 2010, I'm using a D300s. I normally use just two lenses; Nikon 18-200mm VR and Sigma 10-20mm.
I have my own website at www.alpiglen.com.
A group I currently run is The RED makes it Group, dedicated to pictures that are perfected by small red items. Just look if you don't understand.
Many of my photos are available for purchase as prints at my Photobox Gallery.
I also allow my images for commercial use under a Creative Commons License providing they are paid for (I have to make a living too!).
I also do weddings. Checkout my wedding page, or my other Flickr account.
I also Tweet on Twitter.
Please note: While I appreciate all comments from visitors, I'm not keen on big flashy gifs, so I'm going to start deleting them from my photos as of April 2008.
Photos of gms (8)
- Original 1950s 8,409 photos, 1,237 members
- Scottish Maritime Museum 265 photos, 26 members
- Scottish Heritage "Alba gu Brath" 8,891 photos, 299 members
- North Yorkshire 41,935 photos, 1,496 members
- WorldLandscapes 213,638 photos, 8,086 members
- Dutch Landscape / Hollands Landschap 79,056 photos, 3,550 members
- Keukenhof Bulbflower garden - Holland 6,881 photos, 575 members
- Nederland/The Netherlands 270,539 photos, 7,946 members
- National Trust for Scotland 3,853 photos, 422 members
- Glencoe Website photographs 503 photos, 77 members
- Whitby (a town in North Yorkshire, England) 16,833 photos, 1,566 members
- Scarborough 13,559 photos, 814 members
- Disneyland Resort Paris 46,160 photos, 1,632 members
- Paris 303,287 photos, 35,911 members
- Rütli, Schweiz/Grütli, Suisse 80 photos, 17 members
- Venezia - Venice 88,420 photos, 7,138 members
- Red Rule 494,113 photos, 42,126 members
- Sigma Fast Primes (30mm f/1.4) 47,027 photos, 3,372 members
- London 760,690 photos, 32,691 members
- Chatsworth 5,520 photos, 496 members
- Peak District National Park 47,749 photos, 2,730 members
- Yorkshire 123,532 photos, 3,538 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 314,111 photos, 19,201 members
- Red Arrows 14,809 photos, 1,582 members
- photophlow 79 photos, 711 members
- Bernese Oberland, Switzerland 6,442 photos, 335 members
- York 26,632 photos, 2,045 members
- Reflections 508,007 photos, 44,987 members
- Yorkshire Dales (National Park) 22,518 photos, 1,571 members
- Wedding Photographers 164,297 photos, 19,619 members
- Wedding Photography 221,062 photos, 45,538 members
- Nikon Scotland 12,257 photos, 287 members
- Nikon D200/D300 Users 324,584 photos, 11,890 members
- Adobe Lightroom 22,857 photos, 22,164 members
- Scotland Black and White 22,702 photos, 1,370 members
- Scottish Meet Ups 12,585 photos, 639 members
- CalMac 7,874 photos, 400 members
- Scottish Landscapes 53,250 photos, 3,031 members
- Grindelwald 711 photos, 125 members
- FliCHr MeetUp 1,377 photos, 53 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 268,445 photos, 14,976 members
- Spectacular Switzerland (Invited picture only! ) 268 photos, 156 members
- The Lake District UK 65,118 photos, 5,911 members
- Scotland's castles 17,554 photos, 2,630 members
- Edinburgh 100,518 photos, 4,772 members
- Struthers Memorial Church 413 photos, 48 members
- Greenock & Inverclyde 5,958 photos, 243 members
- SBB 16,552 photos, 520 members
- 1000 views + 100 favourites 3,901 photos, 1,901 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,667 photos, 6,723 members
Funny Fish says:
"Gms, is approaching photography from the artistic side. He uses strong colours, clear structures and wide angles. The moods go from very funny to peaceful, very dramatic and rough. Its impressive and very inspiring. Having met gms in person, I find it striking to see that he is so quiet humble yet produces those very outgoing images.
Apart from that he has a wicked sense of humor, which just brightens your day every time you come across him over here at Flickr's:-)"
22nd November, 2006
"Graham is a shy and retiring kind of guy, but his photographs jump off the screen, slap you around the face and leave you stunned, wondering what the hell just happened. Capturing scenes from everyday life, he manages to always be at the right place at the right time, with camera and lens at the ready, whilst mere mortals are still in their slippers and considering what they should have for breakfast."
19th October, 2006
"It's the color and the drama that appeal to me in gms's stream. He makes the mundane overwhelming - often enough that I keep coming back. : )
ANd he's a great person to have in my contacts!"
25th August, 2006
"Graham is one of those rare Flickr photographers who has developed a distinctive style, and in one particular regard has inspired a legion of slavish followers. He's not only a wonderful landscape photographer who knows the advantage of getting up early and staying out late for the best light; he has this uncanny eye for the colour red.
He's a kind of photographic bloodhound, sniffing out the merest flicker of red where the rest of us simply wouldn't notice. The results are on happy display in his The Red Makes It group, in which he leads and the rest of us struggle pitifully to follow. We're not worthy, master.
This is a stream to wallow in and splash about happily.
PS He's also fairly good on green. His yellow could use some work, though."
19th June, 2006
Brian Aslak says:
"Graham is an exceptionally talented artist! Whether he's using paint brush, pencil or camera, his work proves his great gift."
24th June, 2005
- September 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken