mama/modern dancer/artist/lover of many things
things = modern dance, polaroid cameras, photobooths, underground hip hop, red velvet cake
prints available in le shoppe
- Impossible Instant Lab photos 977 photos, 152 members
- Land Empire 1,163 photos, 1,398 members
- Shutter Sisters Oasis 2012 713 photos, 59 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 3,058 photos, 1,020 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,287 photos, 1,111 members
- Summer Colours Week 2012 1,253 photos, 167 members
- Impossible Project COOL Film 2,334 photos, 231 members
- ACE HOTEL* 677 photos, 126 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 39,748 photos, 7,560 members
- Film Feb Twenty-Twelve 50 photos, 18 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,877 photos, 102,731 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,835 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 548 photos, 7,108 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,158 photos, 3,313 members
- Blue-green: the Color Teal 1,137 photos, 939 members
- POLAROID EDGE 103,872 photos, 6,302 members
- Summer 2011 Colours Week 1,909 photos, 208 members
- summer postcard swap! 49 photos, 31 members
- Portrait by The Impossible Project 4,872 photos, 946 members
- Postcards from America 13,223 photos, 784 members
- NYC Polaroid 1,769 photos, 119 members
- sixty-four colors, round two 720 photos, 150 members
- Polaroid Nature 5,330 photos, 273 members
- Polaroid Kids 339 photos, 66 members
- Polaroid Landscapes 908 photos, 81 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,136 photos, 2,267 members
- Joy Retreat 2011 209 photos, 11 members
- Impossible Project PX680 film 8,512 photos, 789 members
- VINTAGE MOTEL SIGNS ONLY! 25,637 photos, 3,801 members
- Wigwam Village Motels (Frank Redford Design) 823 photos, 124 members
- Spring Colours Week (2011) 2,027 photos, 305 members
- the happy landing. 6 photos, 6 members
- Graffiti & Street Art Group 22,344 photos, 478 members
- Pasted Paper 49,769 photos, 1,629 members
- swoon 2,783 photos, 768 members
- Winter Colours Week (2011) 2,342 photos, 356 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,808 photos, 23,003 members
- The Saturdays of 2011 606 photos, 164 members
- Looking Through Windows 82 photos, 30 members
- NPR Picture Show 133,744 photos, 5,965 members
- the new domesticity 10,127 photos, 681 members
- Rummage Restyled : The Eclectic Era 2,636 photos, 396 members
- Thrift Store Decor 5,010 photos, 954 members
- offbeat interiors 17,866 photos, 2,334 members
- Vintage decorating 22,319 photos, 2,409 members
- Home Sweet Home 25,695 photos, 2,739 members
- v i n t a g e 29,921 photos, 2,269 members
- Little Winter Market 223 photos, 62 members
- ttv workshop 29 photos, 7 members
- food+film 2,282 photos, 419 members
"I got introduced to her work by Jon Madison. What can I say but wow... I really really like the simple profundity of her work. It is a privilege to see how she sees things simply and enjoys them as they are.... I know I repeat myself but I am really floored by her work and always look forward to seeing it."
4th February, 2010
Jennifer Hope says:
"My first glimpse into the magical world of girlhula was her redvelvet cake photo session which haunted me for weeks. It was so vibrant and alive. I'm not a professional, but I do know that viewers of her photos will leave happy and satisfied."
10th February, 2009
Woof Nanny says:
"Andrea inspires with her words as well as the bursts of color caught in her camera. Of all the bloggers and Flickrites I've come across in this journey, she is my favorite."
6th November, 2008
cori kindred says:
"it's a little known fact that andrea is in posession of magical glasses that allow her to see the exquisite beauty of everyday moments. we're so lucky that she's kind enough to share what she sees with us. :)"
9th August, 2008
"hula my friend, you are poetry in motion. your words and bright photos never fail to bring a smile to my face. you are the go-to gal when I need a visual pick-me-up. thank the paper lantern queen there is such a thing as photobooths and flickr. i thank you for all that you do and inspire and i will stop now before i get creepy or somethin' ~heehee!"
30th July, 2008
"Andrea is more inspiring than I can say. She photos are bursting with the beauty of everyday life. I hope someday we can take photobooth pictures together."
25th February, 2008
"girlhula's photo stream has served as a constant source of inspiration to me in the years since I first encountered it. Her colorful and vibrant photographs are both ever-so-interestingly composed and a fascinating document of a family chock-full of life and character."
18th December, 2007
"andrea has an amazing eye for color and framing of a shot.
she is an artist.
Truly an inspiration what with all that photoboothing and postcard swapping mojo.
Not to mention we share a birthday-
Hopefully, one day I can meet this beautiful lady and we can sit down for a cup of tea and a few frames in the booth."
28th November, 2007
"Andrea is so charming. I love her photos and ideas.. they inspire me to make each day a little bit more special.
You are magical!"
22nd October, 2007
jon madison says:
"effervescent resillient and full of creativity
i bet you i'm right. i know i am about that last bit.
thanks for blessing flickr:)"
3rd October, 2006
"creativity is in your blood! everything you do is so fun & unique. your familys lucky to have auch a creative mom:D you definately inspire me artistically."
28th July, 2006
"andrea! you are so full of life, laughter and energy, thanks for letting us all peek into your lovely life! :)"
14th March, 2006
dj paine says:
"now you gotta understand that i barely know this amazing woman, i live on the other side of the planet and have never met her face to face....
so what can i say about andrea that the ward-o-matic hasn't already said?
she is crazy talented, and crazy cool. she exudes inspiration and has much to offer. definitely keep track of what she's up to because it will make you a better person.
28th October, 2005
"My wife. My love. Beautiful, talented and brilliant, she's got a great photographer's eye. I can't wait to see what she'll come up with next."
1st June, 2005
- January 2005
- portland, oregon
- hula seventy