mama/modern dancer/artist/lover of many things
things = modern dance, polaroid cameras, photobooths, underground hip hop, red velvet cake
prints available in le shoppe
- Impossible Instant Lab photos 716 photos, 120 members
- Land Empire 1,177 photos, 1,386 members
- Shutter Sisters Oasis 2012 733 photos, 59 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 3,075 photos, 1,021 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,312 photos, 1,119 members
- Summer Colours Week 2012 1,251 photos, 169 members
- Impossible Project COOL Film 2,318 photos, 229 members
- ACE HOTEL* 702 photos, 126 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 37,349 photos, 7,567 members
- Film Feb Twenty-Twelve 20 photos, 14 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,943 photos, 100,314 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,522 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 528 photos, 7,088 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,167 photos, 3,340 members
- Blue-green: the Color Teal 1,142 photos, 935 members
- POLAROID EDGE 102,801 photos, 6,276 members
- Summer 2011 Colours Week 1,910 photos, 209 members
- summer postcard swap! 49 photos, 32 members
- Portrait by The Impossible Project 4,657 photos, 935 members
- Postcards from America 12,610 photos, 785 members
- NYC Polaroid 1,752 photos, 120 members
- sixty-four colors, round two 739 photos, 151 members
- Polaroid Nature 5,196 photos, 269 members
- Polaroid Kids 342 photos, 64 members
- Polaroid Landscapes 897 photos, 82 members
- Polaroid Spectra 19,893 photos, 2,243 members
- Joy Retreat 2011 222 photos, 11 members
- Impossible Project PX680 film 8,380 photos, 782 members
- VINTAGE MOTEL SIGNS ONLY! 25,478 photos, 3,799 members
- Wigwam Village Motels (Frank Redford Design) 836 photos, 122 members
- Spring Colours Week (2011) 1,994 photos, 305 members
- the happy landing. 13 photos, 6 members
- Graffiti & Street Art Group 21,225 photos, 460 members
- Pasted Paper 48,631 photos, 1,627 members
- swoon 2,770 photos, 770 members
- Winter Colours Week (2011) 2,358 photos, 356 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,905 photos, 23,177 members
- The Saturdays of 2011 608 photos, 166 members
- Looking Through Windows 81 photos, 30 members
- NPR Picture Show 128,999 photos, 5,868 members
- the new domesticity 10,207 photos, 681 members
- Rummage Restyled : The Eclectic Era 2,635 photos, 391 members
- Thrift Store Decor 5,000 photos, 952 members
- offbeat interiors 17,567 photos, 2,323 members
- Vintage decorating 21,592 photos, 2,405 members
- Home Sweet Home 24,796 photos, 2,664 members
- v i n t a g e 29,334 photos, 2,223 members
- Little Winter Market 225 photos, 64 members
- ttv workshop 39 photos, 7 members
- food+film 1,845 photos, 405 members
"I got introduced to her work by Jon Madison. What can I say but wow... I really really like the simple profundity of her work. It is a privilege to see how she sees things simply and enjoys them as they are.... I know I repeat myself but I am really floored by her work and always look forward to seeing it."
4th February, 2010
Jennifer Hope says:
"My first glimpse into the magical world of girlhula was her redvelvet cake photo session which haunted me for weeks. It was so vibrant and alive. I'm not a professional, but I do know that viewers of her photos will leave happy and satisfied."
10th February, 2009
Woof Nanny says:
"Andrea inspires with her words as well as the bursts of color caught in her camera. Of all the bloggers and Flickrites I've come across in this journey, she is my favorite."
6th November, 2008
cori kindred says:
"it's a little known fact that andrea is in posession of magical glasses that allow her to see the exquisite beauty of everyday moments. we're so lucky that she's kind enough to share what she sees with us. :)"
9th August, 2008
"hula my friend, you are poetry in motion. your words and bright photos never fail to bring a smile to my face. you are the go-to gal when I need a visual pick-me-up. thank the paper lantern queen there is such a thing as photobooths and flickr. i thank you for all that you do and inspire and i will stop now before i get creepy or somethin' ~heehee!"
30th July, 2008
"Andrea is more inspiring than I can say. She photos are bursting with the beauty of everyday life. I hope someday we can take photobooth pictures together."
25th February, 2008
"girlhula's photo stream has served as a constant source of inspiration to me in the years since I first encountered it. Her colorful and vibrant photographs are both ever-so-interestingly composed and a fascinating document of a family chock-full of life and character."
18th December, 2007
"andrea has an amazing eye for color and framing of a shot.
she is an artist.
Truly an inspiration what with all that photoboothing and postcard swapping mojo.
Not to mention we share a birthday-
Hopefully, one day I can meet this beautiful lady and we can sit down for a cup of tea and a few frames in the booth."
28th November, 2007
"Andrea is so charming. I love her photos and ideas.. they inspire me to make each day a little bit more special.
You are magical!"
22nd October, 2007
jon madison says:
"effervescent resillient and full of creativity
i bet you i'm right. i know i am about that last bit.
thanks for blessing flickr:)"
3rd October, 2006
"creativity is in your blood! everything you do is so fun & unique. your familys lucky to have auch a creative mom:D you definately inspire me artistically."
28th July, 2006
"andrea! you are so full of life, laughter and energy, thanks for letting us all peek into your lovely life! :)"
14th March, 2006
dj paine says:
"now you gotta understand that i barely know this amazing woman, i live on the other side of the planet and have never met her face to face....
so what can i say about andrea that the ward-o-matic hasn't already said?
she is crazy talented, and crazy cool. she exudes inspiration and has much to offer. definitely keep track of what she's up to because it will make you a better person.
28th October, 2005
"My wife. My love. Beautiful, talented and brilliant, she's got a great photographer's eye. I can't wait to see what she'll come up with next."
1st June, 2005
- January 2005
- portland, oregon
- hula seventy