Gerard Stricher was born in 1948 to a family of artists in Sarrebourg, France. As a child he was already dreaming of becoming a painter and drew prodigiously. Self-taught, he immersed in the café society of painters, attended gallery openings , and was encouraged by sales but ultimately decided to enter industry. He became a highly regarded international manager whose carcer and travels led him become a ''World Citizen ''. Widening his horizon, observing new people, different landscapes, and other realities, which gradually became stratified in his unconscious to reappear later in his painting. He acquired and old mill in the French Vexin, established his studio where he worked feverishly.
His exhibition in 2007 in Paris at the Espace Commines, introduced him to collectors and galleries. In 2010 the enthusiastic response of the patrons of Bartlow Gallery in Chicago launched his American career. In 2011 they featured his work in a one man show at Art Chicago which led to his further representation in Indianapolis by Artbox Gallery. His work is the collection of Empire Bank in Springfield, Missouri, and the PepsiCola Foundation of New York and a few prestigious private collections including that of American Bob Bohlen.
France Gallery Schwab Beaubourg in Paris /www.galerieschwabbeaubourg.com/"
USA: Gallery Bartlow Chicago www.bartlowgallery.com
All paintings are for sale.
"La peinture est un poème qui se voit"
"Painting is a poem you can see"
Leonard De Vinci
"The visually seductive abstract paintings by Gerard Stricher draw viewers in with a striking combination of aesthetic tools. His playful approach to painting allows chance to enter into the creative process as random drips and smears are featured in the picture plane. With an impeccable sense for composition and color, Stricher orchestrates emotional context and a feeling of place through his language of abstraction. Deep hues of crimson and burnt umber radiate a feeling of days gone past, while epic azures provide a feeling of spiritual, boundless space. Evocative titles allow audiences a peek into the thought behind each abstraction, but largely the reading of the work remains an exchange between the viewer and the painting.
Each painting is a world of it’s own: moody, pensive, jubilant, soulful, the entire range of emotion is represented in his oeuvre. Likewise, Stricher derives inspiration from a number of sources including music, astronomy, spirituality, nature and travel. His artwork can be found in collections across the United States and Europe. Gerard Stricher lives and works in Paris."
Joyce Asper,PR New york
Photos of stricher gerard (1)
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,640,349 photos, 225,032 members
- Multi Colour CrAzY! (post 1 - comment 1) 3,629 photos, 353 members
- GALERIA DE LAS TEXTURAS~INVITE PHOTO ONLY~(P.1-C.3) 7,590 photos, 469 members
- The Artist 11,595 photos, 439 members
- THE HYPOTHETICAL AWARDS. *P1*C1* 62,733 photos, 2,193 members
- +The Creation of Abstract Art+ 24,509 photos, 1,333 members
- Busy Colourful Art & Design 10,045 photos, 479 members
- artartartartartartartartart 20,247 photos, 489 members
- amateur/ professional illustrators, artists, photographers and 21,881 photos, 920 members
- WorldWide Artists 16,113 photos, 1,112 members
- Abstract Photography, Art and More... 97,167 photos, 8,621 members
- Contemporary Art 13,335 photos, 710 members
- art795 21,507 photos, 795 members
- I Reflections I: self reflected shots >I< 172 photos, 40 members
- Fictitious Reality 26th Exhibition-solarixx / sol 16 photos, 788 members
- A Passion for Color (Invited Images Only) 815 photos, 50 members
- "ARTE E MISTERO NELLO SCATTO CREATIVO" 24,769 photos, 947 members
- LA MIA IMMAGINE E LA SUA POESIA 53,421 photos, 1,565 members
- Digital ArtFX2 (Post 1, Award 1) 39,910 photos, 2,064 members
- Creative Photographer on Flickr! Post 1,Award 1! 101,611 photos, 6,293 members
- " AZZURRO MARE " ☼ 24,830 photos, 1,647 members
- The Eternal Fullmoon Project 33 photos, 18 members
- This is Now 16,877 photos, 6,453 members
- Saatchi Gallery - London 11,182 photos, 649 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 301,795 photos, 31,302 members
- Expressionism 8,965 photos, 171 members
- abstract arts 4,371 photos, 179 members
- PURE ABSTRACT 4,311 photos, 160 members
- Art Forums 1,864 photos, 43 members
- The Art Lovers 327 photos, 63 members
- Arts- Artes 17,902 photos, 778 members
- crazy unique modern abstract new age art 1,377 photos, 103 members
- Text in Paintings 1,043 photos, 90 members
- Abstracts 57,475 photos, 1,881 members
- Photograph like painting 34,216 photos, 1,480 members
- Blurb Books 2,545 photos, 6,495 members
- MY ARTSY CREATIONS © 34,976 photos, 1,668 members
- in the name of abstract art 1,191 photos, 77 members
- My Draw 8,887 photos, 306 members
- SILENT LIFE HARMONY&PEACE 78,998 photos, 4,812 members
- Dragon Gold Award " The Best Of Flickr " 517,725 photos, 25,461 members
- IO SONO UN GENIO - I AM A GENIUS 77,521 photos, 2,816 members
- LOCKED FlickrViews 500 137 photos, 42 members
- Any Color You Like(Post 1, Comment 1) 43,420 photos, 2,530 members
- RAW (Raging Artists of the World) 13,800 photos, 696 members
- FLICKR COMMENT 100 Only with more than 100 comment P1&3 1,949 photos, 270 members
- art-is-fun 28,406 photos, 421 members
- Great Art Group 604 photos, 27 members
- Art Every Day ~ january 2009 584 photos, 100 members
- TheColorWizards 20,477 photos, 829 members
"To really see and feel Gerard's work is to behold the beauty behind the scenes of everything we know. Words are weak to describe the impact of the world he paints, but cut one of those words open and out will pour his art. J'adore your work, Gerard. xxxx m.a."
23rd June, 2009
"Gerard Stricher has an amazing quality of build in his works. The paintings have a great balance between solid planes, drips, brushstroke and streaks across the canvas. Amazing use of color and in vibrant balance between contrasting hues. He is a painter's painter, since you want to learn how to paint in a similar style with great results as these. I'm sure these would be truly exceptional in person on your wall."
24th April, 2009
Sophie Shapiro says:
"Dragon Noir better known as Gérard Stricher is a wonderful painter providing magical and extraordinary sights to those you are willing see. His work is deeply rooted in human beliefs and his ability as a spiritually attuned painter helps to transform our daily lives into visions of colour, vibrancy and deeper understanding. He is a modern mystic of our times and communicates through his wonderful collection of work. I recommend a visual meditation while looking at Gérard’s work and enjoy the journey of transformation.
25th January 2009"
6th February, 2009
doris stricher says:
"Dragon noir is a fabulous colorist. He has a unique sens of mixing them together and the result is obvious. His vision enlights the grey surrounding and makes feel happy. Each piece of is work is always a surprise, he is in a permanent research of expressiv creativity.
He belongs to those artists who think that the "beauty will save the world".
"La beauté sauvera le monde" Dostoïevsky"
29th September, 2008
- March 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- "Painting is fun"
- dragonsnoirs [at] gmail.com