I felt like it was time for an update here. So here it goes ....
Most people describe me as creative, funky, open-minded, fun and a bit silly. I try to keep active and get out to try new things. I cycle, do yoga and play slo-pitch to keep fit. I also do a lot of walking with my Pentax in hand! I make some of my own clothes and jewellery - I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and often make gifts for friends and family members. ;-)
I was lured here in 2006 by my good friend Philip (Piscesdreamer). It's been a great place to meet people, learn things, get inspiration and show off a little. I think I've learned a lot during my stay here and I think my photography has definitely gotten better but I still have more to learn. I'm glad Philip got me here on Flickr, I've made some great friends - thank you my dear!
You'll often find me wandering along Queen Street West, checking out folks' bikes with my second-hand Pentax K1000 (love my little Brick!), saying "Got it, got it, need it!!" ;p I'm finding more often I'm saying "Got it!" versus "Need it" but there's always something to see and shoot even if it isn't a cool bicycle bell!
Feedback and comments are always welcome!
Happy shooting all!
- canon ixus 255 hs/canon elph 330 hs 117 photos, 6 members
- Classic Vintage Cycles 2,798 photos, 1,404 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 2,407 photos, 551 members
- TOPW 1st Annual Photo Camp 125 photos, 8 members
- Sketch Club 11,477 photos, 1,324 members
- Urban Sketchers 135,992 photos, 6,936 members
- 365 days in 2013 5,028 photos, 50 members
- Tricot-graffiti au Québec / Yarn Bombing in Quebec 248 photos, 14 members
- The Official Hamilton Flickr Group 2,788 photos, 92 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 242,702 photos, 19,848 members
- British Columbia Film Photography 2,718 photos, 325 members
- Urban sites : under demolition / demolished 369 photos, 43 members
- Cupcake Ride 185 photos, 2 members
- bike wednesday 170 photos, 35 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 15,990 photos, 1,056 members
- Montreal ! Group 43,632 photos, 1,716 members
- Montreal Street Art / Art Urbain de Montréal 14,912 photos, 810 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,400 photos, 220 members
- *Mug Shot* 79 photos, 19 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,148 photos, 404 members
- Show Us Your Rogue 447 photos, 149 members
- love mannequins headless 604 photos, 272 members
- My Bikes Cooler than your Bike (Bicycle) 1,516 photos, 154 members
- Bike Mojo 3,521 photos, 148 members
- Fashion Bicycles 6,478 photos, 432 members
- A Mad Tea Party 7,181 photos, 316 members
- Toronto Tweed Ride 260 photos, 26 members
- Toronto Photo Walks: Year Two In Pictures 620 photos, 41 members
- TORONTO GRLA 12,336 photos, 952 members
- The Colors Of Our Life 34,717 photos, 1,031 members
- Jack Layton Memorial Group 262 photos, 40 members
- Dufferin Grove Park 231 photos, 9 members
- The Pony Express Feedbag 201 photos, 10 members
- Found Film 3,003 photos, 406 members
- Toronto Toys (Cameras) 1,616 photos, 101 members
- 35mm Toy Cameras 22,380 photos, 1,431 members
- Toy Cameras 296,600 photos, 22,309 members
- Novelty Cameras 108 photos, 48 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 20,315 photos, 1,264 members
- Old Bicycles 3,333 photos, 357 members
- Bicycle Belles 18,252 photos, 1,003 members
- Vivitar UWS 1,536 photos, 140 members
- The Rob Ford Gallery of Fine Art 659 photos, 26 members
- Pedal Petal Power 877 photos, 89 members
- Bike Basket 743 photos, 134 members
- Chatham-Kent, Ontario 1,217 photos, 16 members
- Weird Yards And Gardens 2,637 photos, 384 members
- Project Photo 365 138,054 photos, 1,934 members
- Hamilton Flickr Group 30,175 photos, 846 members
- guerilla knitting 3,136 photos, 538 members
"What can I say that others haven't already said? Well first off, she is a very good friend and I am very happy to have her friendship. I find it funny because we live in the same city and we often walk the same streets yet we've never met (strange, eh?). Her photostream currently has 8,343 items and to be honest with you, each one of those are worth looking at. I admire her because she documents her life and shares it with us. She's never afraid to take a picture of a store front sign or a bicycle bell. Anything that catches her eye, she shoots it and we see it. Whenever I walk down Queen St W and I see bikes and signs, it makes me think of her as I know this is something she would take a picture of, if she hasn't already.
I appreciate her friendship and if you add her as a contact, you won't be let down. I may not get to comment as often as I like, but I always look at her photostream when I'm on Flickr. I don't know her well enough like some of my other contacts do, but I know her well enough to be here typing this testimonial for her. Don't believe me? Go look at her photostream and get to know her through her photos.
Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me all these years. I'm wishing you all the best today, tomorrow, and in the new year.
25th December, 2010
Dead Betty says:
"This is one cool chick who is a brilliant clicker talent. She inspires me to look for the unusual and odd that is out there and shoot it....some day we shall have a beer together, and it will be a great time. :D"
13th March, 2009
This delightful creature thrives on good coffee and a diet of raw fish. Has been known to emit a blinding flash in order to stun potential prey of all sizes. Also inclined to instinctively chase round objects."
13th December, 2008
K Snaps says:
"She is a real friend of mine and in this virtual world - there is nothing I can appreciate more. Look at her pictures to understand the thinking behind it. It will make you feel happy."
2nd September, 2008
- January 2007
- Chatham, Ontario
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: