I felt like it was time for an update here. So here it goes ....
Most people describe me as creative, funky, open-minded, fun and a bit silly. I try to keep active and get out to try new things. I cycle, do yoga and play slo-pitch to keep fit. I also do a lot of walking with my Pentax in hand! I make some of my own clothes and jewellery - I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and often make gifts for friends and family members. ;-)
I was lured here in 2006 by my good friend Philip (Piscesdreamer). It's been a great place to meet people, learn things, get inspiration and show off a little. I think I've learned a lot during my stay here and I think my photography has definitely gotten better but I still have more to learn. I'm glad Philip got me here on Flickr, I've made some great friends - thank you my dear!
You'll often find me wandering along Queen Street West, checking out folks' bikes with my second-hand Pentax K1000 (love my little Brick!), saying "Got it, got it, need it!!" ;p I'm finding more often I'm saying "Got it!" versus "Need it" but there's always something to see and shoot even if it isn't a cool bicycle bell!
Feedback and comments are always welcome!
Happy shooting all!
- Sketch Club 10,393 photos, 1,263 members
- Urban Sketchers 120,609 photos, 6,491 members
- 365 days in 2013 2,947 photos, 51 members
- Tricot-graffiti au Québec / Yarn Bombing in Quebec 154 photos, 10 members
- The Official Hamilton Flickr Group 2,546 photos, 90 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 221,185 photos, 18,991 members
- British Columbia Film Photography 2,585 photos, 321 members
- Urban sites : under demolition / demolished 288 photos, 44 members
- Cupcake Ride 183 photos, 2 members
- bike wednesday 168 photos, 36 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 13,032 photos, 1,059 members
- Montreal ! Group 40,531 photos, 1,677 members
- Montreal Street Art / Art Urbain de Montréal 13,369 photos, 789 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,403 photos, 221 members
- *Mug Shot* 76 photos, 19 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,095 photos, 388 members
- Show Us Your Rogue 459 photos, 150 members
- love mannequins headless 565 photos, 257 members
- My Bikes Cooler than your Bike (Bicycle) 1,473 photos, 150 members
- Bike Mojo 3,476 photos, 150 members
- Fashion Bicycles 6,034 photos, 426 members
- A Mad Tea Party 7,252 photos, 317 members
- Toronto Tweed Ride 260 photos, 24 members
- Toronto Photo Walks: Year Two In Pictures 622 photos, 44 members
- TORONTO GRLA 9,561 photos, 954 members
- The Colors Of Our Life 36,177 photos, 1,038 members
- Jack Layton Memorial Group 264 photos, 40 members
- Dufferin Grove Park 218 photos, 9 members
- The Pony Express Feedbag 194 photos, 11 members
- Found Film 2,771 photos, 386 members
- Toronto Toys (Cameras) 1,547 photos, 101 members
- 35mm Toy Cameras 22,407 photos, 1,393 members
- Toy Cameras 293,797 photos, 20,616 members
- Novelty Cameras 130 photos, 47 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 18,113 photos, 1,224 members
- Old Bicycles 3,195 photos, 351 members
- Bicycle Belles 16,272 photos, 920 members
- Vivitar UWS 1,374 photos, 138 members
- The Rob Ford Gallery of Fine Art 473 photos, 23 members
- Pedal Petal Power 832 photos, 79 members
- Bike Basket 747 photos, 130 members
- Chatham-Kent, Ontario 994 photos, 12 members
- Weird Yards And Gardens 2,531 photos, 382 members
- Project Photo 365 133,174 photos, 1,918 members
- Hamilton Flickr Group 28,238 photos, 816 members
- guerilla knitting 2,970 photos, 540 members
- Fans of Georgie_Grrl 243 photos, 33 members
- Refrigerator Door Group 145 photos, 79 members
- Portraits Of Toronto 630 photos, 21 members
- Samsung P&S Users 6,331 photos, 272 members
"What can I say that others haven't already said? Well first off, she is a very good friend and I am very happy to have her friendship. I find it funny because we live in the same city and we often walk the same streets yet we've never met (strange, eh?). Her photostream currently has 8,343 items and to be honest with you, each one of those are worth looking at. I admire her because she documents her life and shares it with us. She's never afraid to take a picture of a store front sign or a bicycle bell. Anything that catches her eye, she shoots it and we see it. Whenever I walk down Queen St W and I see bikes and signs, it makes me think of her as I know this is something she would take a picture of, if she hasn't already.
I appreciate her friendship and if you add her as a contact, you won't be let down. I may not get to comment as often as I like, but I always look at her photostream when I'm on Flickr. I don't know her well enough like some of my other contacts do, but I know her well enough to be here typing this testimonial for her. Don't believe me? Go look at her photostream and get to know her through her photos.
Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me all these years. I'm wishing you all the best today, tomorrow, and in the new year.
25th December, 2010
"This is one cool chick who is a brilliant clicker talent. She inspires me to look for the unusual and odd that is out there and shoot it....some day we shall have a beer together, and it will be a great time. :D"
13th March, 2009
This delightful creature thrives on good coffee and a diet of raw fish. Has been known to emit a blinding flash in order to stun potential prey of all sizes. Also inclined to instinctively chase round objects."
13th December, 2008
K Snaps says:
"She is a real friend of mine and in this virtual world - there is nothing I can appreciate more. Look at her pictures to understand the thinking behind it. It will make you feel happy."
2nd September, 2008
- January 2007
- Chatham, Ontario
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: