- Reading and Books in Art 181 photos, 23 members
- Vintage Japanese Advertising 1,067 photos, 343 members
- Showa Period Japan 1945-89 998 photos, 197 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,438 photos, 226 members
- FOOD NOSTALGIA 9,823 photos, 558 members
- WorldWar 1,218 photos, 112 members
- 70s 11,031 photos, 727 members
- Hats Hats Hats 8,968 photos, 719 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 10,171 photos, 582 members
- 1910s Fashion & Costume 1,603 photos, 148 members
- Ads Through the Ages 49,940 photos, 749 members
- 1930s Fashion 1,422 photos, 171 members
- vintage hats 6,916 photos, 389 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,477 photos, 167 members
- Animals R Us 2,326 photos, 124 members
- The Great War 1914 - 1918 36,196 photos, 2,075 members
- Exotic Ephemera 719 photos, 285 members
- Vintage old photos from Portugal / Fotos antigas de Portugal 1,821 photos, 180 members
- Corpo Expedicionário Português 144 photos, 20 members
- Movies. 26,228 photos, 590 members
- Vintage Propaganda 4,970 photos, 1,071 members
- EARLY 20TH CENTURY ART 2,377 photos, 248 members
- Belle Époque Illustration 1,663 photos, 630 members
- Vintage Bride 2,944 photos, 693 members
- Aspic Delight! 964 photos, 188 members
- 1920's 9,905 photos, 1,114 members
- Kate Bush 183 photos, 118 members
- Vintage Illustration 67,778 photos, 6,160 members
- Vintage Kimono 1,603 photos, 332 members
- Jazz-Age in Print (20s-30s) [VINTAGE] 4,212 photos, 1,537 members
- Wedge Heels & Wartime - Forties in Print [VINTAGE] 7,493 photos, 862 members
- Vintage Magazines 63,381 photos, 3,334 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 31,248 photos, 5,265 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 3,218 photos, 952 members
- Vintage Hair 9,270 photos, 1,956 members
Plum leaves says:
"I just saw your blog -- wonderful idea!
AN OLD PAINTING A DAY: oldpainting.blogs..."
January 8th, 2011
"Gatochy has all those almost forgotten treasure trove photos of paintings and models, it's amazing. It's similar to going into your grandmothers attic and finding everything you could ever dream of. I appreciate the fact that she uploads these also, for her 'fans'."
March 29th, 2009
"Be you a fledgeling addict or hard-core stalker of vintage illustration, you cannot fail to be captivated by the beauty and range of Gatochy's brilliant collection. Top Class!"
December 26th, 2008
"I always feel elevated and filled with delighted wonder every time I visit Gatochy's photostream.
She has such elegant and superb taste, and such a sense of old-world timelessness. It is a treat to see the treasures she has uncovered.
Visit her daily, and I promise you, you will feel better about being Human!"
November 23rd, 2008
"What an amazing collection of images. I'm sure I'll keep coming back and find new things with each journey."
February 27th, 2008
Paula Wirth says:
"One of the most prolific and interesting posters of vintage ephemera on flickr -- she's a sure fave!!! A welcome addition to any group, indeed."
September 28th, 2007
Miss Retro Modern says:
"Gatochy posts some of the most interesting pictures around ... and more importantly, she's a fellow lover of veggies in aspic!"
July 16th, 2007
"I find Mariana's Pic's very intrugeing,although much more if I spoke Portuguese,There's allways an intresting mix of photos here!!!"
June 29th, 2007
"The livelihood of a "picker" depends on the sensitive eye; recognizing the beauty and worth in objects that others dismiss or fail even to perceive. Gatochy is my favorite picker, her choices never cease to inform and delight!"
April 23rd, 2007
Charm and Poise says:
"Here's something I know for sure about Gatochy: she loves beauty in whatever interesting package it might come in. A blushing flapper. A glistening 1930s movie goddess. A shivering plate of delightful aspic. Her eye is attuned to the lovely and the irreverent -- a wonderful combination if you ask me!"
February 1st, 2007
senses working overtime says:
"A wonderland of visual goodness!
Simply superb stuff!"
September 6th, 2006
- May 2006
- Lisbon, Portugal
- I am: