I should start off by saying that Flickr is my third offline backup so everything is on here: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, the good and the bad - I don't do self-portraits. :-)
If you only want to see what I consider to be my best photos, look at the Fine Art set, the My Favourites set for photos taken with my DSLR or compacts, and at the Mobile Favourites set for those taken with my cameraphone.
Note: The licence on some of my photos has changed from the CC Attribution Share-Alike licence to All Rights Reserved. See below for details.
I got serious about photography when I discovered Flickr's Explore 7 Days Interesting page. So in January 2007 I bought my Casio EX-Z700. Though a good compact, this wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do so I got a Canon S3is at the end of May 2007. This amazing camera helped me take my photography to new levels, but it still wasn't enough.
So, thanks to a small legacy, on 29th March 2007 I bought my Canon EOS 40D with the EF-S17-85mm IS USM kit lens and an EF 70-300mm IS USM telephoto lens. These lenses gave me all the range I needed but I added the EF 50mm f/1.8 "Nifty Fifty" to my kit for closer work than I normally do. I also have a Tamron 28-300 f3.5-6.3 for when I want to travel light with a single lens. And I have a Kenko Teleplus MC7 DG 2x extender which works well with the EF lenses and the Tamron, though I lose AF with all of them. A Canon 430EX II flash, a Calumet tripod with 3-way pan-and-tilt head, and a handful of filters round off my kit.
Photography is my main hobby. I run Linux and used to do pretty much all of my post-processing in the Gimp and Picasa, but now I use Lightroom on Windows.
Most of my photos on Flickr are under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license, so you can use them as royalty-free stock as long as a) you credit me; and b) if you publish an image based on my picture, it must be released under the same or a similar license. As owner of the photos, I reserve the right to change this at any time. If I do, I'll give notice here and in the comments for the photos that this decision affects.
Some of the photos, particularly those in the Fine Art set, are All Rights Reserved and may not be used without explicit permission in writing from me, either by letter or by email.
To date, hundreds of websites and blogs have used my photos including such high-profile sites as Mashable, Lifehacker, and Etsy. If you do use one of my photos, it's best to download it from Flickr rather than link to it as I can't guarantee it will stay here (I use Flickr as my online backup rather than purely as a showcase). My photos on Flickr were saved at around 80% quality. If you want 100% quality versions, please e-mail me at
I've recently been uploading photos taken with my mobile phone. These aren't intended to be used as stock photos; they're more for me to play around and have fun with. You can, of course, use them if you like under the same CC license as the rest of my photos. But be aware that the image quality won't be up to the quality of the DSLR photos and I'll most likely have heavily processed them.
The best way to attribute my photos on your website is to put something like "Photo by Garry Knight" below it, or near it, or at least somewhere on the page and, if you can, link it back to the Flickr photo page.
I'm also on Google+ so if you're on there too, please feel free to add me to a Circle.
Photos of garryknight (1)
- Landscape photography 478,806 photos, 25,010 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 496,603 photos, 24,447 members
- Landscape & Wildlife Photos of the World 196,696 photos, 12,522 members
- Landscapes!!! 92,449 photos, 7,405 members
- FLOWERS 1,116,367 photos, 91,419 members
- Flowers all kinds 212,634 photos, 13,347 members
- Flowers Group 223,401 photos, 18,361 members
- Flower Flower Flower 148,101 photos, 17,103 members
- Chinatown 28,397 photos, 5,193 members
- London Pubs 11,773 photos, 1,210 members
- Covent Garden 2,408 photos, 607 members
- London 717,176 photos, 32,139 members
- Our onOne Images 1,971 photos, 211 members
- onOne Photos 8,729 photos, 573 members
- River Thames 30,266 photos, 1,818 members
- Graffiti / Street Art 612,546 photos, 15,497 members
- London Cinema, Movies and Television 2,081 photos, 375 members
- Nik Snapseed 2,836 photos, 88 members
- Snapseed. 3,218 photos, 215 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 34,698 photos, 2,437 members
- Landscape 832,523 photos, 66,043 members
- Hampstead Heath 4,060 photos, 466 members
- London Parks 23,200 photos, 2,382 members
- Together: two or more humans, animals or insects in the same pic 19,348 photos, 1,273 members
- St James's Park 1,036 photos, 205 members
- Regent's Park 1,561 photos, 238 members
- WPP(Woman Portrait Photography) 10,135 photos, 428 members
- Serious Mobile 19,634 photos, 693 members
- Photoshop Touch 127 photos, 45 members
- Croydon 10,276 photos, 327 members
- Hyde Park 3,939 photos, 630 members
- Brick Lane and Columbia Road 3,449 photos, 303 members
- Brick Lane 6,379 photos, 744 members
- Celebrities 28,840 photos, 4,051 members
- Photographed Photographers 6,270 photos, 835 members
- Female Photographers Visual Recursion 4,456 photos, 736 members
- Photographers in action 3,674 photos, 405 members
- PHOTOGRAPHERS / FOTOGRAFOS 1,264 photos, 695 members
- PHOTOGRAPHER IN ACTION 3,613 photos, 829 members
- Photographers and their cameras 7,225 photos, 984 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,635 photos, 316 members
- London Canals 2,559 photos, 251 members
- Surrey - England's Finest County 15,241 photos, 947 members
- Borough Market 4,311 photos, 724 members
- Instagram UK 8,251 photos, 619 members
- Instagram world 41,039 photos, 3,628 members
- Instagram for Android 4,156 photos, 312 members
- Samsung Galaxy S-II 6,496 photos, 655 members
- Trafalgar Square 3,556 photos, 482 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 33,391 photos, 1,933 members
garryknight doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Garry Knight
- May 2007
- London, England
- I am:
- Garry Knight on Google+