I should start off by saying that Flickr is my third offline backup so everything is on here: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, the good and the bad - I don't do self-portraits. :-)
If you only want to see what I consider to be my best photos, look at the Fine Art set, the My Favourites set for photos taken with my DSLR or compacts, and at the Mobile Favourites set for those taken with my cameraphone.
Note: The licence on some of my photos has changed from the CC Attribution Share-Alike licence to All Rights Reserved. See below for details.
I got serious about photography when I discovered Flickr's Explore 7 Days Interesting page. So in January 2007 I bought my Casio EX-Z700. Though a good compact, this wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do so I got a Canon S3is at the end of May 2007. This amazing camera helped me take my photography to new levels, but it still wasn't enough.
So, thanks to a small legacy, on 29th March 2007 I bought my Canon EOS 40D with the EF-S17-85mm IS USM kit lens and an EF 70-300mm IS USM telephoto lens. These lenses gave me all the range I needed but I added the EF 50mm f/1.8 "Nifty Fifty" to my kit for closer work than I normally do. I also have a Tamron 28-300 f3.5-6.3 for when I want to travel light with a single lens. And I have a Kenko Teleplus MC7 DG 2x extender which works well with the EF lenses and the Tamron, though I lose AF with all of them. A Canon 430EX II flash, a Calumet tripod with 3-way pan-and-tilt head, and a handful of filters round off my kit.
Photography is my main hobby. I run Linux and used to do pretty much all of my post-processing in the Gimp and Picasa, but now I use Lightroom on Windows.
Most of my photos on Flickr are under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license, so you can use them as royalty-free stock as long as a) you credit me; and b) if you publish an image based on my picture, it must be released under the same or a similar license. As owner of the photos, I reserve the right to change this at any time. If I do, I'll give notice here and in the comments for the photos that this decision affects.
Some of the photos, particularly those in the Fine Art set, are All Rights Reserved and may not be used without explicit permission in writing from me, either by letter or by email.
To date, hundreds of websites and blogs have used my photos including such high-profile sites as Mashable, Lifehacker, and Etsy. If you do use one of my photos, it's best to download it from Flickr rather than link to it as I can't guarantee it will stay here (I use Flickr as my online backup rather than purely as a showcase). My photos on Flickr were saved at around 80% quality. If you want 100% quality versions, please e-mail me at
I've recently been uploading photos taken with my mobile phone. These aren't intended to be used as stock photos; they're more for me to play around and have fun with. You can, of course, use them if you like under the same CC license as the rest of my photos. But be aware that the image quality won't be up to the quality of the DSLR photos and I'll most likely have heavily processed them.
The best way to attribute my photos on your website is to put something like "Photo by Garry Knight" below it, or near it, or at least somewhere on the page and, if you can, link it back to the Flickr photo page.
I'm also on Google+ so if you're on there too, please feel free to add me to a Circle.
Photos of garryknight (1)
- Church Interiors 98,481 photos, 7,463 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 145,698 photos, 12,251 members
- Horse Lovers Group 21,176 photos, 3,009 members
- Isle of Wight (IOW) 7,899 photos, 198 members
- WildWight ~ Isle of Wight Wildlife 3,375 photos, 130 members
- Isle of Wight - Photographers 11,624 photos, 325 members
- Pixlr on Flickr 3,542 photos, 731 members
- Samsung Mobile Photography 9,368 photos, 705 members
- Samsung Galaxy Camera 1,493 photos, 186 members
- mobile phones pics 6,491 photos, 582 members
- Chinatowns of the World 1,236 photos, 101 members
- Fine Art Photography™ 33,699 photos, 3,406 members
- Stage photography: 1,171 photos, 127 members
- Street Performers 33,853 photos, 4,861 members
- Landscape photography 564,010 photos, 27,564 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 623,202 photos, 28,647 members
- Landscape & Wildlife Photos of the World 282,818 photos, 15,886 members
- Landscapes!!! 180,514 photos, 12,332 members
- FLOWERS 1,149,391 photos, 92,777 members
- Flowers all kinds 248,513 photos, 14,665 members
- Flowers Group 288,396 photos, 21,707 members
- Flower Flower Flower 203,767 photos, 21,435 members
- London Pubs 12,086 photos, 1,212 members
- Covent Garden 2,481 photos, 614 members
- London 756,849 photos, 32,653 members
- Our onOne Images 2,572 photos, 228 members
- onOne Photos 5,456 photos, 705 members
- River Thames 31,655 photos, 1,870 members
- Graffiti / Street Art 666,734 photos, 16,123 members
- London Cinema, Movies and Television 2,645 photos, 503 members
- Nik Snapseed 3,423 photos, 96 members
- Snapseed. 5,652 photos, 284 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 44,727 photos, 2,611 members
- Hampstead Heath 4,177 photos, 473 members
- London Parks 24,116 photos, 2,421 members
- Together: two or more humans, animals or insects in the same pic 28,061 photos, 1,440 members
- St James's Park 1,056 photos, 208 members
- Regent's Park 1,629 photos, 241 members
- WPP(Woman Portrait Photography) 11,527 photos, 450 members
- Serious Mobile 26,794 photos, 730 members
- Photoshop Touch 179 photos, 48 members
- Croydon 10,988 photos, 334 members
- Hyde Park 4,066 photos, 635 members
- Brick Lane and Columbia Road 3,557 photos, 309 members
- Brick Lane 6,630 photos, 756 members
- Celebrities 30,648 photos, 4,127 members
- Photographed Photographers 6,544 photos, 844 members
- Female Photographers Visual Recursion 4,550 photos, 750 members
- Photographers in action 4,073 photos, 420 members
- PHOTOGRAPHERS / FOTOGRAFOS 1,249 photos, 715 members
garryknight doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Garry Knight
- May 2007
- London, England
- I am:
- Garry Knight on Google+