I am a designer interested in history of design, architecture, arts and technology.
I am a plastics collector, from the 19th century (maybe earlier) on. I have a small collection of objects I will share with Flickr users.
I live in Rio, Brazil, and would love to hear from anyone with similar interests.
Update August 2008:
I have just got a Master's Degree in Design with a dissertation about (guess) Plastics Design History.
Update December 2008:
I am now a teacher in the Design Department (BAI) at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)!
Update November 2009:
I have just been accepted in the Doctorate Program in Visual Arts (Image and Culture) at UFRJ!
Please check out this site to learn about and take some action on the dangers of a household plastic named PVC, aka Vinyl:
and this one too:
- Camera-wiki.org 59,697 photos, 1,484 members
- Vintage Plastic Homeware 676 photos, 44 members
- jellies sandals-sandales plastique 31 photos, 67 members
- Nineteenth Century Ambrotypes 768 photos, 88 members
- Abraham Palatnik Sculptures 38 photos, 20 members
- Antique Machinery 3,218 photos, 123 members
- Metal Deco 1,189 photos, 105 members
- CAFOFO RETRÔ 474 photos, 173 members
- Eye for Design 516 photos, 31 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 3,991 photos, 765 members
- Longer, Lower, Wider- Vintage Dream Cars and Styling Prototypes 1,723 photos, 254 members
- braun 1,331 photos, 321 members
- hfg ulm 305 photos, 118 members
- Perpetual Calendars 162 photos, 44 members
- Moonbase Alpha 268 photos, 89 members
- Memphis Group 93 photos, 30 members
- Verner Panton 306 photos, 60 members
- Life in Plastic 89,289 photos, 2,096 members
- Kapsa 123 photos, 46 members
- Observing the Design 621 photos, 56 members
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 1920-1950 249 photos, 143 members
- Streamline Moderne Architecture (Quality Images) 3,314 photos, 673 members
- Digital fabrication 4,655 photos, 932 members
- Vintage Tupperware 96 photos, 54 members
- Vintage Tupperware Collectors 373 photos, 173 members
- History Of Radio 341 photos, 61 members
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera 7,922 photos, 554 members
- The Modern Accumulator 954 photos, 261 members
- .·:*¨*:·.Nostalgia.·:*¨*:·. 10,775 photos, 267 members
- **Collections for Collectors (CFC) No Limits** 18,681 photos, 380 members
- THE GAMES WE PLAY 2,441 photos, 77 members
- COLLECTOR`S LOT 14,368 photos, 163 members
- Of a Bygone Age. (Retro Stuff) 27,189 photos, 655 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 9,319 photos, 479 members
- Herman Miller 1,473 photos, 442 members
- Vintage Radio 4,828 photos, 487 members
- Tabletop & Portable Radios 1,629 photos, 109 members
- Marconi, radio and radioamateurs activity 1,763 photos, 170 members
- Arne Jacobsen 791 photos, 303 members
- Bangle Lovers 1,445 photos, 266 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 43,265 photos, 2,259 members
- Vintage Industry 680 photos, 290 members
- "They don't make them like they used to" 13,665 photos, 442 members
- Eero Aarnio 650 photos, 179 members
- Vintage boxes - Boites anciennes -Cojea antiguas 1,182 photos, 261 members
- Vintage Matchbooks and Matchboxes 5,689 photos, 379 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,635 photos, 83 members
- Nifty Thrift 52,050 photos, 3,953 members
- Object(s) 18,124 photos, 1,426 members
- FETISH OBJECTS 1,304 photos, 195 members
"Incredible artistic photos of some insanely cool plastics!
"Plastic. I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
"Now, hand over that damn plastic scottydog fork!"
15th August, 2008
"galeesa is my Brazilian blood brother. His product photos showcase a wonderful collection of the greatest hits of industrial design. He has a special thing for Bakelite and plastic, and he always manages to retrieve fascinating examples from the past. He's an asset to the flickr community, and a most pleasant contact and friend."
27th July, 2007
Splendor and Demise says:
"Galessa is one of the people who make Flickr great. To begin with, he's got a great eye for the 'interestingness' of an object. He tends to collect vintage objects and very often knows a great deal about it's provenance, historical uses, etc.
Galessa's photography techniques are frequently flawless - almost to the point of appearing unreal. Considering his very basic equipment, he's got the soul and skill of a commercial photographer but doesn't know it yet.
Finally, Galessa is always available for comment and helpful advice to others. This and all of the above makes him one of the Flickr heros in my book."
28th March, 2007
- gerson lessa
- December 2006
- niteroi, rio de janeiro (just across the bay), brazil
- I am:
- Male and Single
- designer / researcher
- glplastico [at] gmail.com