galessa's plastics' photostream Pro User
I am a designer interested in history of design, architecture, arts and technology.
I am a plastics collector, from the 19th century (maybe earlier) on. I have a small collection of objects I will share with Flickr users.
I live in Rio, Brazil, and would love to hear from anyone with similar interests.
Update August 2008:
I have just got a Master's Degree in Design with a dissertation about (guess) Plastics Design History.
Update December 2008:
I am now a teacher in the Design Department (BAI) at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)!
Update November 2009:
I have just been accepted in the Doctorate Program in Visual Arts (Image and Culture) at UFRJ!
Please check out this site to learn about and take some action on the dangers of a household plastic named PVC, aka Vinyl:
and this one too:
- Camera-wiki.org 55,793 photos, 1,377 members
- Vintage Plastic Homeware 649 photos, 45 members
- jellies sandals-sandales plastique 30 photos, 65 members
- Nineteenth Century Ambrotypes 716 photos, 80 members
- Abraham Palatnik Sculptures 38 photos, 15 members
- Antique Machinery 2,917 photos, 110 members
- Metal Deco 1,197 photos, 106 members
- CAFOFO RETRÔ 484 photos, 173 members
- Eye for Design 500 photos, 31 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 3,716 photos, 765 members
- Longer, Lower, Wider- Vintage Dream Cars and Styling Prototypes 1,617 photos, 249 members
- braun 1,151 photos, 298 members
- hfg ulm 243 photos, 113 members
- Perpetual Calendars 160 photos, 43 members
- Moonbase Alpha 263 photos, 84 members
- Memphis Group 91 photos, 30 members
- Verner Panton 310 photos, 59 members
- Life in Plastic 80,491 photos, 1,982 members
- Kapsa 120 photos, 43 members
- Observing the Design 670 photos, 55 members
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 1920-1950 249 photos, 141 members
- Streamline Moderne Architecture (Quality Images) 3,194 photos, 657 members
- Digital fabrication 4,601 photos, 916 members
- Vintage Tupperware 103 photos, 52 members
- Vintage Tupperware Collectors 377 photos, 170 members
- History Of Radio 344 photos, 61 members
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera 7,946 photos, 541 members
- The Modern Accumulator 963 photos, 263 members
- .·:*¨*:·.Nostalgia.·:*¨*:·. 10,052 photos, 268 members
- **Collections for Collectors (CFC) No Limits** 17,488 photos, 372 members
- THE GAMES WE PLAY 2,430 photos, 79 members
- COLLECTOR`S LOT 14,052 photos, 163 members
- Of a Bygone Age. (Retro Stuff) 25,313 photos, 653 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 7,961 photos, 441 members
- Herman Miller 1,337 photos, 439 members
- Vintage Radio 4,301 photos, 469 members
- Tabletop & Portable Radios 1,422 photos, 108 members
- Marconi, radio and radioamateurs activity 1,481 photos, 170 members
- Arne Jacobsen 775 photos, 301 members
- Bangle Lovers 1,687 photos, 261 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 42,843 photos, 2,254 members
- Vintage Industry 666 photos, 290 members
- "They don't make them like they used to" 12,333 photos, 440 members
- Eero Aarnio 660 photos, 178 members
- Vintage boxes - Boites anciennes -Cojea antiguas 1,202 photos, 267 members
- vintage matchbooks and -boxes 8,698 photos, 376 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,635 photos, 82 members
- Nifty Thrift 50,564 photos, 3,964 members
- Object(s) 15,621 photos, 1,254 members
- FETISH OBJECTS 1,278 photos, 195 members
"Incredible artistic photos of some insanely cool plastics!
"Plastic. I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
"Now, hand over that damn plastic scottydog fork!"
15th August, 2008
"galeesa is my Brazilian blood brother. His product photos showcase a wonderful collection of the greatest hits of industrial design. He has a special thing for Bakelite and plastic, and he always manages to retrieve fascinating examples from the past. He's an asset to the flickr community, and a most pleasant contact and friend."
27th July, 2007
Splendor and Demise says:
"Galessa is one of the people who make Flickr great. To begin with, he's got a great eye for the 'interestingness' of an object. He tends to collect vintage objects and very often knows a great deal about it's provenance, historical uses, etc.
Galessa's photography techniques are frequently flawless - almost to the point of appearing unreal. Considering his very basic equipment, he's got the soul and skill of a commercial photographer but doesn't know it yet.
Finally, Galessa is always available for comment and helpful advice to others. This and all of the above makes him one of the Flickr heros in my book."
28th March, 2007
- gerson lessa
- December 2006
- niteroi, rio de janeiro (just across the bay), brazil
- I am:
- Male and Single
- designer / researcher
- glplastico [at] gmail.com