Canadian from five provinces, lived in six countries, working expat in four (Australia, UK, USA, Portugal). Moved to northern Portugal September 2013.
I've written a much more detailed profile here.
My photography websites:
Gail at Large (blog)
Gail at Large (travel) (photo blog)
Image Legacy (weddings & portraits)
Please send a Flickrmail if you wish to use a photo.
JANUARY 2006: I will keep David Fielding, aka AviatorDave's account open and manage it; I will upload his archived photos into my photostream (to leave his as is), reply to his e-mail, and admin his groups. If you would like to co-admin any of his groups, please contact me.
- Vandigicam in Europe 169 photos, 16 members
- Portugal Nature 13,062 photos, 479 members
- Portugal 116,354 photos, 6,048 members
- Visit Oakland 681 photos, 114 members
- Wedding Poses For the Professional Wedding Photographer 31,700 photos, 4,839 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,056 photos, 539 members
- Canadian Wedding Photography Business 880 photos, 84 members
- SWPB - Succeeding as a Wedding Photography Business 75,638 photos, 6,454 members
- Secret Oakland 306 photos, 77 members
- Oakland Graffiti 22,954 photos, 418 members
- Oakland, California 21,944 photos, 1,782 members
- Liberty Village Toronto 277 photos, 18 members
- Essence of Maine 32,280 photos, 1,706 members
- Portland, Maine 8,309 photos, 601 members
- Maine Lighthouses 4,028 photos, 539 members
- I Heart Kensington Market 3,739 photos, 310 members
- David Suzuki 30x30 Challenge 4,644 photos, 1,373 members
- Miss604.com Photo Pool for Metro Vancouver 32,842 photos, 686 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,102,225 photos, 74,562 members
- Chinon 4,924 photos, 814 members
- blogTO (Toronto) 209,021 photos, 6,279 members
- Food Porn Photography 20,095 photos, 303 members
- Toronto Raptors 428 photos, 87 members
- Sorauren Park Pumpkin Parade 323 photos, 22 members
- Spacing spring 2009 issue 692 photos, 117 members
- Nikon Capture NX Users Group 74,881 photos, 4,762 members
- Vancouver Streets 20,445 photos, 333 members
- The Showcase 294 photos, 112 members
- Nikon D300 Users 530,567 photos, 17,026 members
- Wedding Photographers 164,256 photos, 19,624 members
- toronto zombie walk 10,275 photos, 400 members
- Engagement Shots 29,080 photos, 4,215 members
- My Toronto Is 20,196 photos, 311 members
- How To Lose Focus And Bokeh People 5,546 photos, 645 members
- Eastern Standard Tribe 1,922 photos, 24 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 6,930 photos, 277 members
- Mississauga Photography 25,067 photos, 831 members
- royal wood official flickr group 18 photos, 14 members
- Torontoist: Toronto Photos 203,320 photos, 5,668 members
- Norway 153,545 photos, 8,763 members
- Lonely Planet 549,590 photos, 16,487 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 88,316 photos, 9,177 members
- Couchsurfing Toronto 2,386 photos, 61 members
- Ships and Vessels 154,570 photos, 10,446 members
- Traveling Non-Gnomes 5,719 photos, 371 members
- Military Aviation Photography 132,375 photos, 6,626 members
- SF Bay Area 102,613 photos, 4,307 members
- San Francisco 225,449 photos, 13,730 members
- Somebody else's cat 49,013 photos, 8,119 members
- Hearts OF Nature 5,697 photos, 2,236 members
Shari Diane says:
"I love Gail. I've never met her in person, but I know that she is an amazing, caring, courageous woman with a huge heart. I wish I lived nearby so I could hug her in person. Or go to Flickr meets. And good restaurants. And hang with Hugh, her cat. Gail's eye for photography is beautiful . . . she takes simple subjects and makes them shine. I always look forward to new shots of Hugh or her travels, knowing that they'll transport me to another place for a moment. Thank you Gail, for being such a great photographer, person, blogfriend, and mommy of Hugh! I understand perfectly why David loved you so deeply. :-)"
20th June, 2006
"I met Gail (virtually) as she was prepping for a trip to Spain a couple years ago, and when she came back and posted her gorgeous photos from Málaga, it was like she magically picked some of my favorite visual memories from there and let me see them all over again. Since then I've enjoyed more of her photos, her writing writing, and her humour. Truly a gem!
23rd April, 2006
"The goyle Gail is inspirational, strong as an ox (not quite as hairy), entertaining, truly artistic, brilliant company, and continues to be despite being put through so much more than the proverbial mill. Welcome any time in my neckathewoods."
25th February, 2006
Rachael Ashe says:
"I really admire Gail. She's strong, courageous, a good listener, fun to be with, and very caring.
I'm glad flickr brought us together in Vancouver to become such good friends in a short amount of time. She's a terrific photographer, and was one of the many women who helped make Vandigicam the wonderful group it's become."
27th November, 2005
"Gail captures the beauty of life in many everyday places. For example in an old car.
Your work makes me smile it makes me yearn for simpler times and it makes me want to be around friends and family.
She is the artist of the everyday."
27th September, 2005
Tanya in BNE says:
"Gail has been a photo-inspiration to me since I started snooping through her blog. Her eye for details, her amazing shots and the beauty that she finds in the smallest things make me want to learn more about photography. I want to take pretty night shots too! :(
She has been a great help in many ways and it has been a pleasure getting to know her through emails, flickr, orkut and the like. One day...I will meet this amazing woman. I swear it."
25th April, 2005
"Gail is solid as a rock in my flickr-existence! Her pictures are great and I always look for new ones, but I think that what makes her special is that she deserves being called one of the most friendly flickr members of all!"
24th February, 2005
"Gail has a wonderful, natural eye and a voracious appetite for learning and exploring. Her photography is an expression of this; she has a gift for seeing the adventure and essence in life.
Plus, she's been everywhere! It was her travel pictures that first moved me to write to her.
I always love seeing the world through Gail's eyes. It's one of the many joys of being with her."
20th February, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Gail was the very first person to email me about my pictures. Not only does she give out encouragement she takes a mean photo too.
I always look forward to her new pictures and the quality of them never disappoints. Her night shots inspired me to learn how to shoot my own and I hope that someday I can achieve the quality that she already has now.
Great photographer. Great person."
3rd December, 2004
- Gail Edwin Aguiar
- June 2004
- Porto, Portugal
- Gail at Large