"frizztext" introduces the work of my wife Barbara (a professional photographer) and my own work (wordpress blogger)
read my daily posts on WORDPRESS, visit my group BLOG IT! or follow me on twitter.com/frizztext
146 different countries have visited this site:
- Clet Abraham 437 photos, 39 members
- Uñas de felinos 4,127 photos, 398 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 20,602 photos, 3,656 members
- BE FREE Photographer's Network 64,972 photos, 1,079 members
- M - for Message [P1/C2] 21,265 photos, 1,407 members
- !ADMIN TALK INTERNATIONAL (Admin-Invited Only) 79,519 photos, 1,963 members
- Writing Machines 4,862 photos, 6,237 members
- Project Weather 107,680 photos, 31,557 members
- PLANET EARTH TRAINS AND RAILROADS 9,129 photos, 381 members
- Miaouuuuuuuuuuu 6,067 photos, 341 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,423 photos, 193 members
- Portraits 300+ faves 257 photos, 22 members
- View 52: A Year in Pictures 3,543 photos, 116 members
- Portrait World (人像世界) 132,184 photos, 3,985 members
- Gatti Gattini Gattacci! 6,610 photos, 1,673 members
- InspireFirst.com 3,253 photos, 356 members
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 14,514 photos, 940 members
- The Cadillacs of Photography 7,951 photos, 702 members
- Share, your Website 27 photos, 158 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,161 photos, 7,124 members
- Occupy Movement in Germany 2,468 photos, 77 members
- **E Ticket**(invited photos only) 17,334 photos, 1,583 members
- .•*´¨*Just Passing Our Time - Post1/Comment1 87,390 photos, 2,333 members
- Best of Vermeer Pearls 2,430 photos, 302 members
- SOMETHING DIFFERENT (post 1, comment 1) 27,539 photos, 1,623 members
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 737,589 photos, 28,819 members
- ! !^ItalianLifeStyle" 15+F P1/Aw 2 FAVES2 New Codes 4,442 photos, 726 members
- It's Kafkaesque - See "About" for Award Code 1,889 photos, 476 members
- Gate to Paradise, Free Group for Free Artists, It's your group 26,243 photos, 970 members
- The Joyful Servant 95 photos, 99 members
- Two - zwei - deux - due - dva = 2 78,245 photos, 2,679 members
- Fine Platinum 72,202 photos, 10,256 members
- Your Square Portrait/ P1/C1/ 4,110 photos, 272 members
- Flair and Square 22,734 photos, 831 members
- Life Upclose in Mono 50,343 photos, 3,203 members
- jesuscm's favorites Gallery (Admin invite only) P1►A/C3 5,453 photos, 497 members
- Richard's (admin-invite) 22,254 photos, 1,011 members
- Planet Eriba 423 photos, 54 members
- A Square GrayScale [monochrome only] A1/P1 Sweeper Running 10,356 photos, 629 members
- Twin Towers New York 1,250 photos, 115 members
- The Golden Gallery (Admin-Invited Only) 50,192 photos, 3,695 members
- SIR HENRY AND CO. 43,735 photos, 1,530 members
- Focus on Beauty (Admin-Invite) 18,000 photos, 1,447 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,262 photos, 7,864 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,666 photos, 21,902 members
- The Cube Excellency Gallery ( admin-invited images only) 14,738 photos, 1,193 members
- Views: 10000 4,720 photos, 3,212 members
- Your best street photo 3,872 photos, 667 members
- "Denke Pink" od. *** Think Pink*** pink-rosa-lila 18,628 photos, 382 members
- BUICK 10,055 photos, 563 members
"If there were no one else on FLickr, I would be content with just Frizz. It has been several years now. First I loved his amazing photo eye and sensibility and the way he see's things. Then I fell in love with his sense of humour, and started putting the very best stuff that I had in "Cultural Boxes" and going there to learn the cool stuff, being witty, sardonic, and sharp while still being kind. I loved his boxes, and found myself shooting for boxes. I always looked for his stuff... and then after a couple years, I saw Barbara's amazing things--the tango shoot, and then his music and love for Django Rheinhard and the blues.... it goes on and on. The only thing that pisses me off, is there is an ocean between us, and I can't hang out with him."
15th June, 2009
Ginas Pics says:
FrizzText's Dietmar is one of my best friends in flickr. In the team with his wife Barbara they are creating one of the most diversified stream in the flickr community.
Be it stunning photos from all over the world, be it atelier shots, be it books, calendars, series, slideshows, videoclips, be it views accompanied by sound, either great names or self composed to name just a few exemplarily. Their stream contents it all.
Dietmar is a very social person, not only does he comment immediately when his contacts load up new pics but he is helpful and gives hints of what is new, where and how. He even values other people's works integrating them into his own books, such as Restaurant Murals(http://www.flickr.com/photos/frizztext/sets/72157608616414361/) or others.
I am proud to be part of his community, thank you very much Dietmar and Barbara!
Regina Siebrecht, M.A."
1st May, 2009
"Dietmar alias Frizz’s photos are like his passion of playing the blues! Exploring photos like his music full of life. Sometimes great snapshots and sometimes even exploring on FrontPage. Besides his passion for photography he runs excellent groups on Flickr shown he’s positive attitude and love for all of the world’s culture and people. Dietmar is living the blues on Flickr. Please have a look at his portfolio and I’m sure you’ll sing along with his great photo journey through life."
28th April, 2009
rita banerji says:
"Dietmar's photography and photo-artistry is bold, brilliant, creative and insightful -- there is no denying that even when you are glancing through his gallery for the first time. But what makes him unique on flickr is that he is also a thinker, a philosopher and a revolutionary -- constantly seeking new methods and angles to present his take on the world through his pictures. Every photo of his is a long and carefully nutured vision, a statement, a question through which he wants to engage his friends and viewers -- to do a retake on the world. This is very important when art has universally become a lazy medium of self-indulgence. Dietmar shows that art is still revolution and he does this not just through his own pictures but by actively seeking other photographer's works and showcasing them through galleries -- in the process not just sheparding other's talents generously, but pulling them into actively engaging in a changing world. I should know -- I was one such flickr person to have benefitted from the generosity of his attention!"
6th November, 2008
Kenny Shackleford says:
"Just one big "WOW"!!"
3rd May, 2008
"One of flickr's best with his own portfolio as his clearest testimony. FrizzText is a mastery at capturing ambiance, whether it be nostalgic, environmental, mysterious or romantic. I'm very grateful for his allowing me to use his "Rihanna's Umbrella" photograph as reference for a recent painting."
8th April, 2008
"Thank you for bringing the world to me in my little village of 80 people
in S.Central Wisconsin, North America. I am disabled with Arthritis for
10 years now and last spring, my son hooked me up to high speed
internet. The world is now my playground. Thank you for the fabulous
photographs that you take. I have seen none better, and I am grateful
that you are in my world, taking pictures and sharing them of flickr."
16th March, 2008
"100F Photographer! Here you find highly attended pictures. Quality on highest level. –– 100F摄影! 在此您可找到深受关注的相片。 最高水准的质量。 –– ¡Fotógrafo 100F! Aquí encontrará imágenes muy apreciadas. Calidad al más alto nivel. –– Fotógrafo 100F! Aqui encontra imagens que receberam muita atenção.Qualidade ao mais alto nível. –– Photographe 100F! Vous trouverez ici des clichés très recherchés. Qualité au plus haut niveau. –– 100F Photograph! Hier finden Sie viel beachtete Bilder. Qualität auf höchstem Niveau. –– 100F Photograph! Qui trovi immagini molto guardate. Qualità al massimo livello. –– 100F 사진! 귀하는 여기서 아주 우수하게 평가된 사진들을 찾을 수 있습니다. 최우수 수준의 질.
World100F – QualityGroup – Marco"
22nd December, 2007
JOMAR PHOTO says:
"I love the "Artistic" dimensions of FrizzText work. Cats, Dogs, People and Things that I have seen on his site show the great amount of passion and energy that he puts into his work. Thank you for counting me as a friend in the Flickr community and sharing your talents with the world."
31st October, 2007
Rita Crane Photography says:
"Frizztext is one of my favorite Flickr photographers. Fascinating subjects, a concern for humanity, and a nice sprinkling of whimsey, is what brings me back to his stream.
Frizztext has started two EXCELLENT groups:
CULTURAL BOXES www.flickr.com/gr...
and INDEPENDENT www.flickr.com/gr... Clearly, his concern for the human condition around the world has motivated these themes. Check them out, and especially the discussion threads where he opens the thread to specific themes from time to time, like different traditional costumes and fashions around the world, excellent architecture from around the world, or a series on bicycles as green transport. In these threads one can post one's own images that relate to the topic, and see other members' high quality photos. In addition, Frizztext has himself curated some wonderful images and created special galleries in the discussion threads. He is dedicated to meaningful, soulful subjects with an international flavor that help us all see, respect, and cherish our common humanity. I admire his work very much."
22nd September, 2007
Rich Brown Photography says:
"FrizzText has written somewhere in his stream, that English is his second language and that he wishes to improve it.
FrizzText dear friend, a picture speaks a thousand words, and crosses many cultural divides. Long may you continue to capture the images you see, they speak better than any language!"
2nd August, 2007
"It would be futile to try and describe the photography of FrizzText: sometimes it is an old 1960s happening and sometimes it is the height of composed perfection and sometimes inspired snapshots -- his well-fed cat comes to mind. He plays the guitar (blues) and runs some of the most interesting sites on Flickr. There are recurring themes: sheep are everywhere and Volkswagen beetles peer in and out of photographs, starting with his old 1965 beetle –powder blue in color and a little dented. His guitars are everywhere too, playing out there in the rapeseed. You can see him performing briefly on YouTube. He is perfectly capable of creating those "Beautiful Flickr" photos with a flick of his shutter. His Castles, and kite flyers, and Greek Islands have all flitted effortlessly onto Explore. But his heart is with the maestro conducting a river (also made Explore), the monorail weaving through the industrial web, his cat wandering across the table during the family portrait. He has a modernist streak. His Dissymmetry site celebrates Piet Mondrian. Even so, I think he believes that there is wisdom in the ways that have been handed down and that people should think for themselves. You see it in some of the other sites he hosts: one is called "Independent." another "Cultural boxes." I like the latter best. He and his wife live in a house near a field with a cat and some fish and a gentle sense of humor, and I check in regularly to brighten my day, confound my brain, and comfort my soul."
1st August, 2007
"Frizztext, ik heb je leren kennen door de poster, de motivator, door je enthousiasme in je comments. Je maakt dat ik weer met andere ogen ga kijken naar al dat moois wat we in ons leven om ons heen verzamelen. Ik hoop nog lang te mogen genieten van jouw foto werk en vooral van de mooie kleurrijke, harmonieuze poster.
Je bent een meester in de perfecte combinatie. Foto, woord en muziek! Dankjewel
8th May, 2007
"In innivation classes, we have been taught about the power of "the prepared mind".
FrizzText's photos show the prepared mind, visually... his whimsical yet telling shot of the blithe goldfish swimming at the level of the lighthouse is a perfect example... from whimsy he also deftly moves to an insight about global warming.
Beyond that, his photos sweep such a great arc of time allowing a peek into his graceful past (the vw photo is priceless).
Keep up the visual excitement and the fresh creativity."
20th March, 2007
evje calling says:
"It's such a pleasure looking at FrizzText's photostream. He has the power and capability to show us a different point of view. He makes us wonder about the 'facts' in life. His photos give us much more than just a beautiful image, they give us conscience."
7th February, 2007
"... u have energy, u have gift to perceive, to see essential, to share, to educate us...
14th December, 2006
"I met Frizz here on flickr or better to say he found me, lol. I discover an authentic person with many natural gifts and great personality. His photos are pure art and his humanity is touching. I am honored to be his friend and hope we could meet one day and talk about many things we have in common."
25th October, 2006
Edna Barney says:
"FrizzText can make any photograph into a work of art, and then some! I am proud that he is a contact of mine."
28th July, 2006
Number Six says:
"FrizzText is one of the more adventurous photographers on Flickr. He is constantly introducing new techniques to the site and is never afraid to record the less attractive signs of modern day living. His work is inspirational and a viewing of his photostream is always a worthwhile experience. Keep up the excellent work Dietmar!"
24th July, 2006
"Frizztext's pictures show an enormous diversity - a
time period of 50 years, cities, rural life, cats&dogs
and, of course, people. His pictures are analytical,
they are intuitive. They all have in common, that they
capture the essence of life.
Having said all that, I need to warn you: he's not a
photographer, but a word-artist. He is sharing with us
his treasury of essays. He is composing sentences,
conveying meaning and melody.
What is he to the Flickr community?
- The developer: his DISSYMMTERY group is one of the
most intriguing and you can feel, that he cares.
- The innovator: new groups, his 2x2, his posters.
- The connector - he brings people together - with
pictures, with words, with each other."
17th July, 2006
- May 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- my daily blog at wordpress
- frizztext [at] aol.com