I monitor a number of pools on Flickr which you might want to check out. I'd like to highlight these...
Guess Where New York City; I didn't start it, but I have the keys to the car. Named "Best Flickr Pool" by the Village Voice.
Named After People is for all the different tributes to the famous and the not-so-famous: lakes, bridges, ice creams, mustards, airports...
Ghost Neon Signs has turned out to be a wonderful collection of dead neon signs. Some are newly dead, a few are mostly dead, but most are so completely dead and dead for so long, they won't pipe up about taking a walk.
Hodgepodge is about the conceptual and visual noise we encounter, odd combinations of objects, architecture, and so on. It's not about the simple, pure compositions.
Retail and Stores is all about the eye-candy which stores and manufacturers use to attract our attention.
Geographically based groups:
Prospect Heights is a pool devoted to a vibrant neighborhood in Brooklyn, full of diversity, beauty and ugliness.
Superior Sewing Machines is devoted to a blue storefront in Chelsea. Many people take pictures of just the blue wall and its lettering, while others use it as a background for people.
M GORDON NOV TY is dedicated to an old novelty store by the Flatiron Building. It was colorful even after the business left, but the pool also shows more recent changes.
Photos taken up to December 18 2005 were generally done with an Olympus C3000 Zoom. A handy, strong performing early generation point-and-shoot, it fell off a table that day, and was replaced by a Nikon D70S.
Occasionally you might see shots from the late 1980's or early 1990's, probably taken on a Pentax 35mm SLR.
Photos of Loon Man (4)
- Pullman Chicago 689 photos, 68 members
- Chinatowns of the World 1,259 photos, 106 members
- Roa - Animal Graffiti Art 3,957 photos, 537 members
- The Global Museum 16,922 photos, 507 members
- Chicagoist Photos 163,514 photos, 2,825 members
- New York City Parks 11,357 photos, 570 members
- Hair Salons, Barber Shops, and the like - around the world 3,461 photos, 1,328 members
- Cold Spring House 48 photos, 6 members
- Street Musicians - Buskers 12,099 photos, 2,416 members
- NEW YORK WRITERS ON FREIGHTS 662 photos, 57 members
- Minimalism 180,168 photos, 19,145 members
- Beacon NY 707 photos, 69 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 11,040 photos, 1,160 members
- In-Store Performances 123 photos, 31 members
- Guess Where Admins 0 photos, 21 members
- Guess Where Vermont 12 photos, 7 members
- Guess where St. John's/metro 56 photos, 41 members
- Os Gemeos 3,514 photos, 1,405 members
- Scaffold Signs (vintage) 1,098 photos, 160 members
- Right Place, Wrong Time 18 photos, 12 members
- Terra Cotta 3,899 photos, 206 members
- New York : Just Like I Picture'd It!! 21,743 photos, 498 members
- Courthouses and Courtrooms 495 photos, 54 members
- Gauges and Dials 1,722 photos, 412 members
- New York City in Winter 744 photos, 131 members
- Street Art on Flickr 327,130 photos, 5,439 members
- Morningside Heights, NYC 1,088 photos, 72 members
- Mountains, Mountains just Mountains... 50,955 photos, 5,335 members
- Fraternal Organization Signs ONLY ! 1,068 photos, 138 members
- MAIN STREET 2,182 photos, 194 members
- Water Fountain Worldwide - Fontane nel mondo 5,501 photos, 876 members
- Non Colours in Colour 35,463 photos, 1,934 members
- Green-Wood cemetery 3,670 photos, 37 members
- Bowery Ballroom 373 photos, 74 members
- McKim, Mead and White 809 photos, 207 members
- Emergency Call Boxes 911 photos, 94 members
- Mister Softee 197 photos, 45 members
- FOUR SEASONS GROUP 92,613 photos, 5,602 members
- Cities of the dead 17,481 photos, 468 members
- Geneseo, New York 352 photos, 26 members
- Carroll Street Bridge 72 photos, 47 members
- recorders/blockflöten/flûte à bec 374 photos, 61 members
- Sheepshead Bay 2,096 photos, 48 members
- Complexity 89 photos, 21 members
- Catholic Churches 43,668 photos, 2,187 members
- Fav/View >= 5% - please read the RULES! 33,000 photos, 2,920 members
- Old and not so old DUTCH cities 12,565 photos, 162 members
- The BushwickBK.com Photo Pool 1,593 photos, 181 members
- San Francisco Clichés 5,403 photos, 632 members
- *Remarkable Shop Signs* 14,998 photos, 1,426 members
"So why am I writing this for Frank? Is it because hes a nice guy? A good photographer? Yes and more.
Its because hes the sort of guy who will offer advice and encouragement, who looks at the dirty grimy urban jungles and sees the beauty there inside it and then captures - his view of New York is different and always interesting - check out his images, theyre worth the time."
15th April, 2006
- F Lynch
- May 2005
- Brooklyn, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Marketing research
- Really not worth archiving. Really.