Welcome to my flickr space & thank you for visiting-- I hope you enjoy my images. Photography is something that has long been a major passion of mine and I like most of its genres.
I find a large chunk of photography that I do could be labeled as nature photography and really it's no surprise. Conservation biology is a central area of interest for me, which is reflected in the subjects I chose. Photography can pair well with birding and botany, two other activities I also have a great time doing.
Often with my photography I hope to evoke the same sense of childhood wonder and appreciation for nature that experiencing it first-hand instills in me. I hope you find my images to be a fun diversion.
Click here to view a random sample of my images, or click here for my latest 48 images on one page.
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Google+
Here I am on 500px
Please note: All images are Copyrighted by Michael D. Menefee and All Rights are Reserved. ©
I do NOT allow usage of my work without my authorization in writing.
All of my images on Flickr are available for purchase or commercial licensing.
Nonprofit use is encouraged, for worthy causes I am willing to offer reduced usage fees or in some cases I may elect to waive all fees. Contact me for more information.
If you would like to use one of my photos, please send me an email to fortephemera [at] gmail.com
Or if you wish, you may purchase framed prints of my work here:
- #Flickr10 8,266 photos, 1,261 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 1,888 photos, 659 members
- Nikonia !!!! 5,718 photos, 167 members
- in explore 158,666 photos, 10,650 members
- Promote Control Remote 1,419 photos, 164 members
- Worth a Million Words Pix (Invited Only) 161 photos, 135 members
- Dynamic Auto Painter 2,280 photos, 267 members
- Amazing scenery 25,356 photos, 1,085 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 757 photos, 879 members
- Eastern Sierra 9,617 photos, 539 members
- Mono County 1,112 photos, 94 members
- Sierra Nevada - Photographs from the Range of Light 10,210 photos, 644 members
- Mono Lake 3,646 photos, 694 members
- Northern California Photography 135,832 photos, 4,522 members
- Reflections Of The World 24,660 photos, 2,732 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 42,035 photos, 2,033 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (a Step-up Group) 4,289 photos, 405 members
- Hugin Users Group 12,829 photos, 1,433 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 375,346 photos, 13,254 members
- old & vintage 19,576 photos, 2,592 members
- Objects From the Past 12,113 photos, 482 members
- Old & Forgotten 120,051 photos, 4,585 members
- The decayed and the abandoned 101,395 photos, 2,316 members
- Urban Exploration - Exploring Abandonments 199,651 photos, 9,096 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 219,386 photos, 9,194 members
- Mountains of the US 366 photos, 33 members
- "Blue Highways" 3,333 photos, 105 members
- Perseid Meteor Shower 122 photos, 71 members
- artland 587,779 photos, 30,389 members
- HDR Village 180,667 photos, 5,473 members
- Cars Cars Cars 626,498 photos, 18,292 members
- Flickr Automotive 221,368 photos, 5,522 members
- Ford Escape 269 photos, 38 members
- Night Sky Observations 6,408 photos, 574 members
- Lightning Photography 167 photos, 57 members
- Clouds and Sky 7,233 photos, 319 members
- < The Best Car Pictures - 5/Day > 2,235 photos, 516 members
- ***Flickr Global 533,211 photos, 12,920 members
- Gamma Delphinid Meteor Shower 3 photos, 44 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 26,665 photos, 4,245 members
- Audubon magazine 46,911 photos, 818 members
- DM's Lair 12,286 photos, 591 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 15,255 photos, 1,560 members
- Stunning Skies 8,190 photos, 483 members
- SoloReflex 68,209 photos, 1,808 members
- Apollo and Dionysus (Moderated) P1/C3 5,586 photos, 240 members
- Weather Worldwide 28,254 photos, 1,609 members
- National Geographic | World Wide 305,653 photos, 12,942 members
- BirdWatching Magazine 31,453 photos, 574 members
- The cat who turned on and off 8,206 photos, 518 members
Hot Flash Photography says:
"The fact that I haven't written a testimonial to Michael has to be put down to dementia - there's no other explanation. For almost as long as I have been on flickr, Michael has been a constant inspiration and support. I know for a fact that his fantastic photography and love of nature inspire many of us and his generosity with help and praise has lifted many a spirit over the years. Thank you, Michael, you represent what flickr is all about and was all about. Much of that spirit has been lost over the years as this site has grown but there's a nucleus of solid photographers here that make this a good place to call home. You're definitely one of them."
17th June, 2010
"Crisp clear colorful artistic documenting beautiful creative lovely heart-warming emotional, etc. But, these are just some of the words that came to mind in the short time I paused to write this. Michael always has something great to share with the public on this website. It's obvious, he's willing to go the extra mile to produce magnificent photos and, as a young man, will have many more great compositions to share in the years to come."
12th April, 2009
lucky e says:
"I could tell you about Fort Photo's skills, his passion, his style or the magnificence of Colorado that he captures so beautifully...or you could just visit his photostream and be blown away for yourself. Amazing. I have also noticed that Michael’s camera and significant talent travel with him wherever he goes. Bonus for us!"
8th April, 2009
Jefe Montana says:
"Fort Photo consistently posts some the most amazing nature and landscape photos on Flickr. He seems to have a knack for being at the right place at the right time, but after watching his posts for the last few months I know his talent goes far beyond a knack. Fort is clearly dedicated to capturing the best images of the natural world. With every image he posts the bar seems to be set higher and higher, yet he always manages to deliver.
He and his images are truly inspirational.
Thanks for posting to Flickr, Fort. – Jefe"
27th February, 2009
"If there's a rank for top 100 Flickr Photographers, FortPhoto, for my opinion should have be on the highest rank. His photos shot on nature are all fantastic.
Defenetly worth looking at his photostream, and his inspirational work."
3rd January, 2009
"Beautiful photos !!! Great work !!!"
23rd November, 2008
"je me suis retrouvé la bouche grande ouverte devant tes photos !
des clichés pleins de fraicheurs et un regard sur le monde qui t entoure tellement touchant !
encore bravo , je ne peux que rester admiratif ..."
25th November, 2008
"Michael is an extremely talented photographer. His work pulls you in and doesn't let go easily. I have learned not to start looking through his photostream unless I have some time to spend doing so. I'm always moved by Michael's work, and often left speechless by its beauty."
2nd October, 2008
"Looking at Michael's photostream is liking going into a candy store. A little bit of everything...and I want them all.
Great pics. Amazing color. I love it."
21st October, 2008
*Visual Noise says:
"Fort Photo is an amazing wildlife and nature photographer, who always manges to bring out the sheer beauty of each location he visits. Tremendous work and stream!
1st September, 2008
"Fort Photo has to be one of the most talented members of Flickr. His fantastic images are a constant source of inspiration. A truly excellent photographer."
4th March, 2008
"Michael is the most skillful nature watcher and photographer! His photostream is a true visual delight! I'm constantly amazed by his creativity and talent...
Dear Michael, I'm honored and happy to be one of your Flickr friends! :)))"
24th December, 2007
"Fort photo captures the beauty and drama of nature perfectly. He is a big inspiration to me and I love viewing the world through his lens. Keep up the great work :)"
21st June, 2007
Cyrus khamak says:
"You are a fine photographer and a kind person who supports and helps others do better in their work. I do take inspiration in your work and I thank you for being a friend."
28th May, 2007
"Michael's photography of the natural world is several things: remarkable, flowing, elegant, beautiful, educational, and that only beings to describe his work. His love of the outdoors is evident with image after gorgeous image; matching wonderfully is his talent for seeking out and composing what must be the best scene one could hope for, and then some. Your correspondence, images, and open-mindedness are all exceptional, and one can always look forward to great images from your lens."
18th April, 2007
1blessedmom Photography says:
"I always look forward to viewing Fort Photo's photography. Many of his photos simply WOW me. My husband was so amazed by some of his photos a while back that he said: "Wow! He's a much better photographer than you!" Sigh!!! But seriously, you won't be disappointed if you view his photos.
In addition to being a great photographer, he has been a wonderful flickr friend who comments on my photos as well. I always feel honored to receive his comments and am thrilled to have met him here on flickr!"
13th February, 2007
Trish Overton says:
"I look forward to Fort's pics every day. I think he lives on the Moon part of the time because he finds the most unusual, beautiful, interesting places and all of his shots are memorable! He is also very helpfull to those of us who aren't computer savvy."
10th February, 2007
Matt Ottosen says:
"Fort Photo takes wonderful and amazing photos! His photostream is full of beautiful landscapes full of great detail and amazing colors. Watch his photostream, you will not be disappointed."
8th October, 2006
"I think that a good Photographer can describe his personality trough his pictures. Upon this Fort Photo is a calm, patient (but sometimes quick in response) and very sensitive man. Most of the time he likes to be alone, but when meeting people, an open minded helpful guy, with lot of friends. Friends, in which group I would gladly be a member. The pictures are speaking for themselves - everyone can learn a lot from Fort Photo now and then. Now this is what I call: ART."
29th June, 2006
- Michael Menefee
- April 2006
- Greeley, CO
- Fort Collins, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Conservation Biology
- Michael Menefee Photography