"You photograph with all your ideology, I don’t want anyone to appreciate the light or the palette of tones. I want my pictures to inform, to provoke discussion – and to raise money. " SEBASTIAO SALGADO
The DUDE ABIDES.......designer, enviromentalist , I'm an open book to you...full name and address, I've very little to hide. I look with a lens to the future, the past is past. very interested in music..OUR cameras....SINAR/BRON23/CaptureShop/Nikon700/FinePIXS3. Canon 40D and 5DMarkII, lotso Canon lenses love the 24 to 70mm best.... Did you know that Minor White Workshops checked all student's fancy-smancy cameras into a locker and then issued a polaroid ...with one shot a day-tomorrow critique, now that you have only One exposure, how do you frame it??...........Was it Hemmingway being shot (photographed) (insert Francis Macomber joke about "bring enough gun!" here) by Irving Penn.Hemmingway fancied himself quit a photographer, so he asked Penn "what kind of camera do you use?" ..Penn replied "what kind of typewriter does your best writting?" While we are on typewriters... William S. Burroughs said "Images. Millions of images. That's what I eat."- I could go there.
On "that" end i have a preference for pinhole cameras over Holgas and Lomo's and love the folks that still can run film through a Hawkeye or a Brownie.
A wise person once said "Better to light ONE SINGLE CANDLE than to curse the darkness"
..AND ALL THAT JAZZ
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
This website is worth
What is your website worth?
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it "
-- Ansel Adams
Photos of Steven Ford / snowbasinbumps (7)
- Fotodiox Pro 647 photos, 296 members
- Flickr's FAV : 400 90 photos, 53 members
- # 444 views 4 favs (tasteful nudity allowed) 1,135 photos, 299 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,952 photos, 102,704 members
- Wedding Photography 222,939 photos, 45,966 members
- urinals 4,225 photos, 830 members
- plumb tired but feeling flush 1,212 photos, 313 members
- FloodSaxSAVE 19 photos, 2 members
- You see what I see... 12,409 photos, 252 members
- Altered States of Agoraphobia 3,227 photos, 382 members
- Fotodiox 392 photos, 102 members
- ~ O p h e l i a ~ 876 photos, 318 members
- Birdwatchers of the World 667 photos, 159 members
- Hibiscus wonder-Post 1 Award 3 LOOKING FOR MODERATOR 19,134 photos, 5,277 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 211,261 photos, 10,750 members
- interni&design 654 photos, 105 members
- The Models That We Shoot 173,543 photos, 6,276 members
- Project Weather 141,419 photos, 36,741 members
- Wing Tips 87 photos, 31 members
- Photopaddling 5,281 photos, 176 members
- Portrait Showroom 4,155 photos, 531 members
- portraits and faces. 775,297 photos, 49,898 members
- Getty Images and the Flickr Collection (closed) 99,617 photos, 2,925 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 4,041 photos, 267 members
- Zombie Army 15,437 photos, 2,084 members
- Tango (People Dancing / Posing / Teaching Tango) 2,853 photos, 514 members
- NPR Picture Show 133,541 photos, 5,962 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 341,087 photos, 27,577 members
- Adventure Dogs 2,305 photos, 114 members
- Abandoned 736,839 photos, 52,489 members
- Puppy Love 46,257 photos, 5,546 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS ~ P1/C3 - SWEEPER DAILY 132,498 photos, 7,366 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,811,137 photos, 239,651 members
- Wireless 336 photos, 111 members
- quilts and quilting 59,227 photos, 4,972 members
- CARBON FOOTPRINT [Nature Photography] (NO PETS!!) 11,444 photos, 383 members
- Clydesdales 1,009 photos, 178 members
- TheFlashBus 635 photos, 829 members
- James McMurtry Photos 249 photos, 11 members
- Soul Massage 331 photos, 73 members
- Light Art Masterpiece (Admin Invite) 1,331 photos, 310 members
- Advanced Elements Kayaks 917 photos, 157 members
- Innova Kayak 37 photos, 16 members
- SEARCH THE BEST! (Post1~Award1) The Public Group 18,021 photos, 1,017 members
- flickr sports 29,058 photos, 2,196 members
- artland 587,150 photos, 30,385 members
- SLC Photo Club 1,761 photos, 134 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 56,277 photos, 1,817 members
- Flickr United (Award 3) 460,872 photos, 17,729 members
- Creative Photography Labs 33,412 photos, 2,046 members
"I have to thank the US-Army, that they once sent Steven Ford to Germany, to help to get the things in order there after World War II: so he could understand the situation of my hometown Wuppertal, could watch the long and difficult way towards democracy: and via those bridges of empathy I had interest enough to follow him into his country (he is a good leader with his bike and tent and boat and surfboard and ...); though we have e-mail connections to compare our lives (talking about how our children manage to grow into creative jobs) I am glad that there is the flickr pool, where I can SEE and compare the circumstances of his lifestyle (because it is not easy to understand each other stumbling through a foreign language...)"
6th October, 2009
Wendell Summerville says:
"What I really like about Steve's work is its personality. Or rather his personality coming through in his work. Without ever actually meeting or speaking to to him, you can get to know him ... through his work. The sign of a real artist.
Go through his stream and here's what you'll learn:
1 - he's an excellent photographer
2 - he's friendly
3 - he's an explorer
4 - he likes dogs
5 - he likes people
6 - he likes what he sees (and wants to share it, thankfully)
7 - he's funny!
and 8 - he sports a cool hat!
10th May, 2008
18th January, 2008
Ibrahim Firaq says:
"cool ..... !! WOW just wow ! your all photo's are nice and wonderful ! i completely agree ! i voted steven ford as the most wonderful person of the flickr photographer ."
8th September, 2007
"Color...it's the color!"
19th February, 2007
"In her past life, she had been a coyote, prowling frozen hills in search of injured prey. All in all, she thought, investment banking was a more pleasant life. To the extent that it was different."
6th February, 2007
"I always enjoy viewing Steven Ford's photostream...mainly for the wildlife and scenery. He gets around !!! Thank you for the wonderful ride :)"
17th February, 2007
"I love the diversity of Steven's photography. Wildlife, architectural, portraits. Whatever it is, it never disappoints. His portraits are so intimate and he just paints with color. Best of all, views his shots is always a fun experience."
22nd January, 2007
"Steven's photostream is one of the ones I know I will enjoy each time I visit it. Why? Because he doesn't just stick to one subject or method or framing or dof or whatever. There is always something new to look at and I end up saying, Damn, that's good. Whether it's Taz enjoying his yogurt with God's scenery peeking over his shoulder, or the fantastic opera shots to knock your socks off, or Eagles soaring high in the sky...there is something there for everyone.
Talent always shows...and Steven shows it all....
thanks, Steven...for the enjoyable photostream visits."
18th October, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"Wow-I came here what a great surprise. After a few seconds on snowbasinsbumps photostream I thought about which pictures I wanted to point my photography studentn to wonderful case studies of action shots.
As I kept wondering around I found the ripples in the Sea and portraits with great character. I don't know which i like better, great stuff here. Snowbasinbumps work is like visiting the Tate Modern or the Met in New York, plenty of good stuff everywhere you look! Well done and well presented."
29th August, 2006
- Steven Ford
- May 2006
- Odessa? no, no that would be Ogden, Utah.Have lived in MexicoCity,SanFranciso,LosAngeles,Dusseldorf,Koeln,Bochum,Herford,Essen,Lubbock and Dallas TX. Darien&Wilton, Connecticut.
- back again after many, many years., usa
- I am:
- Male and Taken