I Live in the north west of the UK and take photographs of what I see, mainly on my weekend travels.
I try not to go too far into the unattractive, macho posturing of techno-speak when I am involved in photography but I am not techno-phobic either and like to explore, a little, the techniques and ideas used by fellow photographers. Taking photos is an enjoyable hobby for me so I try to avoid it becoming a chore of in depth study. (In the words of Bart Simpson: "Wait a minute, this game is educational" :throws controller)
I choose quite carefully the photos I put on-line. I tend to delete those that do not get a certain number of views within a month, to keep up quality.
I have a Fuji film S5700 and a Nikon D80 I have enjoyed using them both to provide a new quality in the pictures I am able to take. I really appreciate the added choices and the zoom lens over my previous Kodak point and shoot.
When I join groups it is usually those without too many rules
I have now reached:
- 38,764 views of my photostream.
-57,628 views of my galleries
-720,502all time view counts.
-74,426 was the highest number of view counts I received in one day (29/9/11)
I choose my contacts because I like their pictures, their style, their insight into a subject or because I appreciate what they have shared about a piece of their world which is special to them.
Here is a quote which reflects on my philosophy on the competitive world we have created for ourselves:
"Competition is a divisive but useful and sometimes necessary tool to ignite action amongst those who are motivated by greed and self interest. The rest of us can recognise that the contribution which we make in the world can benefit everyone".
Want to use a photo?
I love to see my photos in different places, it's great fun trying to spot where they are, so feel free to ask if you want to use one of my photos, the chances are I will say yes. I have a few out there already, on wikipedia and a school website and even on a prospectus. Getting people to let me know if they are using a photo makes it easier for me to find where they are too.
Please use the photos as your desktop wallpaper if you wish. You do not need to ask me about this, just leave a kind comment .
- Project Weather 105,774 photos, 31,223 members
- Plants, Stones and Landscapes 10,970 photos, 748 members
- Scottish Mountains 19,064 photos, 1,187 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 66,126 photos, 2,564 members
- Wallpaper and Backgrounds 38,301 photos, 5,020 members
- Red doors 2,058 photos, 480 members
- Flickr House!! 12,227 photos, 530 members
- Murder Shack 7,360 photos, 1,173 members
- Avant-Garden 23,675 photos, 2,397 members
- artland 553,249 photos, 29,668 members
- Plants in Context 5,303 photos, 129 members
- 50 000 views 162 photos, 282 members
- 70000 Views 18 photos, 36 members
- 40 000 views 152 photos, 245 members
- Your Creations. Come to life 1,984 photos, 225 members
- Island Photography 72,091 photos, 4,760 members
- Rockforms 8,599 photos, 1,378 members
- Favorites: 60 4,036 photos, 2,127 members
- Historic Scotland 4,166 photos, 584 members
- The Light Fantastic 588,605 photos, 29,489 members
- Living Life Through A Lens 128,175 photos, 2,999 members
- Ravall - The group of everything photography 173 photos, 10 members
- Around the World Landscapes 26,490 photos, 7,256 members
- Landscape photography 563,959 photos, 27,567 members
- Weather Worldwide 25,673 photos, 1,522 members
- UK Countryside 3,073 photos, 123 members
- A Place to find Peace 22,879 photos, 1,353 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 3,404 photos, 234 members
- ***FOTOGRAFIA EMOCION ♥ EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY*** 121,614 photos, 1,887 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 999 photos, 71 members
- CASTILLOS DE ENSUEÑO 6,572 photos, 824 members
- Burgen, Schlösser und Ruinen (castles) 61,290 photos, 1,950 members
- Castles from the world. 53,966 photos, 4,457 members
- Castles - Castillos 59,510 photos, 7,844 members
- Lakescapes - landscape shots of lakes 9,741 photos, 552 members
- Favorites: 45 2,977 photos, 1,775 members
- Whatever the weather 334,800 photos, 24,856 members
- Sky Above 32,485 photos, 2,514 members
- Europe ! Europa ! 270,947 photos, 4,363 members
- Perspective 37,292 photos, 4,377 members
- I Love Trains 321,607 photos, 14,507 members
- Everything Water Water Water 17,270 photos, 1,167 members
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PHOTOS! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD FEEL! 29,068 photos, 536 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY PHOTOS 30,952 photos, 700 members
- Celebrating English Gardens 12,739 photos, 1,524 members
- NATURE'S BEST 863,238 photos, 22,176 members
- art795 21,413 photos, 795 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 356,337 photos, 12,839 members
- The Gallery of Flowers"effe" 28,289 photos, 1,428 members
- World @ Play -INVITE YOUR CONTACTS- Pictures of People Playing 3,968 photos, 629 members
floato doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- It involves democracy