** BREAKING NEWS **
My new book is available for viewing all pages without buying!
If you hit the little square icon lower right you can see everything fullscreen mode. [Also, there is an e-book version for ipad, etc]:
Earlier this year I won "the special prize" (2nd Prize, the only U.S. photographer included in the entire show) from THE ALL-JAPAN ASS'N OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETIES (AJAPS) international competition. My photograph "Silver Surrender" of an angel's trumpet will tour Japan for the entire year.
December 6: 2 Honorable Mention Awards in--
2012 Fine Art Competition organized by THE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHY GALA AWARDS
Nov 27: P L E A S E take this link and also make a comment at the end of the show, if you liked it - it is all about the True Buddha Nature of trees:
Nov. 26, 2012: I have been named "ASSOCIATE OF THE ROYAL PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY" and I can put "ARPS" after my name on my card. It's a rigorous application process. This is the second rung in the distinction ladder (skipped the first.)
Sept 2012: MICHAEL KENNA juried two of my pieces into a Holga show in a commercial gallery in Texas.
Here is my brand new book, LUMEN. There are 34 viewable color prints all developed outdoors:
My brand new website just for plants:
Recently I published THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. Here's the link . The first 36 pages are black and white and the second half is technicolor. All pages are available to preview so that people don't get teased into buying something expensive.
Al Capp, on postmodern art:
[they are] the "product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered." [I agree!]
Here is an amusing, delightful little interview I heartily recommend:
"Art is not an intellectual process. It has to be a love affair."
Minor White, paraphrased, said photograph "for what it is and for what else it is." I'm always looking to create photographs that communicate "something-elseness."
"The challenge is to find something to do that deeply resonates with who you are in a way that points to the mystery of being alive."
“What use is having a great depth of field,
if there is not an adequate depth of feeling?”
– W. Eugene Smith
And Brett Weston:
"Photography is a visual medium and the less said, the better."
A flickerite posted this:
Please visit my website www.dianekaye.com
I want to thank ANDREAS KAHLER for making a beautiful compilation of some old Flickr images:
I fell madly in love with photography the first night I went to a black and white darkroom class, and I like to push the edges of tonality and composition, and explore how photography is unique, unlike any other art medium, most recently the element of MOTION, frozen or prolonged in time. Complex equivalences in composition, emotional content, and drama are top concerns for me.
I don't do "layers", textures, or any Photoshop beyond the simple darkroom-style tools. However, because of orthopedic concerns, I'm carrying a micro 4/3 camera a lot lately. At least I can make digital negs for contact printing when needed. I was just given a very slightly used Ricoh that will couple with a pile of old Leica German glass I happen to have from Ebay.
Flickr staff says this statement must appear here: "please be advised: My set called "The Human Form" is for over 18 only."
(Feel free to leave comments in English or German.)
Email: berlinsubway -> yahoo.com
NOTE: all images © DIANE KAYE 1980-2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE
- The Secret Dance of Trees 49 photos, 4 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 2,537 photos, 555 members
- Artificial Nature 2,045 photos, 179 members
- ..:: I LOVE DARK PHOTOS ::.. 252,068 photos, 13,113 members
- Art Now 256,413 photos, 9,410 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 61,592 photos, 4,113 members
- its just a dream 29,143 photos, 1,817 members
- This is Art! 1,149 photos, 669 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,436 photos, 193 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 2,359 photos, 1,737 members
- Monochrome: it's not simply black & white! 1,393 photos, 119 members
- Green is Beautiful 676,442 photos, 61,064 members
- When GREEN is GREEN 3,683 photos, 606 members
- Exposition des Arts Contemporain / By Invitation Only-P1/C1 20,304 photos, 634 members
- Anything fantastic - 1 pic / day 137,880 photos, 4,835 members
- Black and White Photography Art 131,177 photos, 8,622 members
- Somewhat Strange... 20,601 photos, 747 members
- Weird 15,325 photos, 1,140 members
- Proteaceae 3,768 photos, 284 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portrait Thursdays **OPEN** 3,297,552 photos, 94,913 members
- *** Monochrome Forms in Visual Arts - congratulate our winners! 36,088 photos, 2,510 members
- iEyes 3,907 photos, 556 members
- Universal Art 74,400 photos, 2,420 members
- Figures i formes 4,209 photos, 321 members
- Sensual flowers/Anturium/Anthurium/Kalia/Kalla/Calla/Cantedeskia 158 photos, 42 members
- Zantedeschia 448 photos, 105 members
- Calla Lily 1,729 photos, 459 members
- RED photos only 26,374 photos, 2,794 members
- Iris Flowers 11,017 photos, 1,704 members
- Doors & Windows Project 142,561 photos, 13,556 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 19,023 photos, 1,865 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 21,331 photos, 454 members
- Parrot tulips 1,537 photos, 283 members
- Analog Photography 1,444,093 photos, 31,878 members
- Still Lifes 19,966 photos, 1,223 members
- ^^ThE DaRk FoReSt^^ 2,408 photos, 152 members
- TriX Lovers 52,284 photos, 2,822 members
- Natur und Umwelt 97,269 photos, 2,671 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 578,983 photos, 17,892 members
- Art in Black and White 148,946 photos, 9,537 members
- The Light Painters Society 338,221 photos, 14,304 members
- ART-X 59,928 photos, 1,629 members
- It's Not The Tools... 14,243 photos, 1,136 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 97,420 photos, 3,189 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 415,056 photos, 16,487 members
- Art and Artists. 301,543 photos, 17,457 members
- artistic photos 115,087 photos, 5,750 members
- Photographic Art 112,726 photos, 4,708 members
- * Black * Black * Black * 51,819 photos, 2,493 members
- ART DISTRICT 424,651 photos, 16,414 members
Falling Thru The Lens says:
"Diane has a special relationship to the magic of light and a unique ability to reveal the unseen. Her photographs seem to radiate imagination! She also has a remarkable range of technical knowledge. I'm inspired by Diane's work both in the sense of being moved by it and in the sense of expanding the possibilities of my own work (for example, it's because of seeing her lumen prints that lumen printing is on my "must try" list). And Diane's comments are not only wonderfully supportive, but also reflect thoughtful engagement with the individual photograph. I appreciate Diane's presence on Flickr, and I always look forward to seeing her new work."
17th December, 2011
"I love b + w photos and I love the b + w photos of B&WPhotog (the color pics as well!). Not only are they beautiful, but this wonderful photographer and I see things in a similar way--and that's a good thing-because hers are better than mine! (He says immodestly!)"
22nd November, 2009
"Diane's photography shows how loved this woman is by her friends and people that are part of her life. Most of her portraits show how her viewfinder look doesn't stop to the skin of the subject, it goes beyond, deep inside what we could call the human soul. Her fine art works are examples of grace, understanding of aesthetic values and masterpieces of darkroom technique. Diane doesn't just photograph the world around her, it's the world that reveals to her. She is for me a model and gives me the strength to keep pursuing photography as a "way of life". Thank you Diane."
2nd June, 2009
- September 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Diane Kaye Photography