** BREAKING NEWS **
My new book is available for viewing all pages without buying!
If you hit the little square icon lower right you can see everything fullscreen mode. [Also, there is an e-book version for ipad, etc]:
Earlier this year I won "the special prize" (2nd Prize, the only U.S. photographer included in the entire show) from THE ALL-JAPAN ASS'N OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETIES (AJAPS) international competition. My photograph "Silver Surrender" of an angel's trumpet will tour Japan for the entire year.
December 6: 2 Honorable Mention Awards in--
2012 Fine Art Competition organized by THE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHY GALA AWARDS
Nov 27: P L E A S E take this link and also make a comment at the end of the show, if you liked it - it is all about the True Buddha Nature of trees:
Nov. 26, 2012: I have been named "ASSOCIATE OF THE ROYAL PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY" and I can put "ARPS" after my name on my card. It's a rigorous application process. This is the second rung in the distinction ladder (skipped the first.)
Sept 2012: MICHAEL KENNA juried two of my pieces into a Holga show in a commercial gallery in Texas.
Here is my brand new book, LUMEN. There are 34 viewable color prints all developed outdoors:
My brand new website just for plants:
Recently I published THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. Here's the link . The first 36 pages are black and white and the second half is technicolor. All pages are available to preview so that people don't get teased into buying something expensive.
Al Capp, on postmodern art:
[they are] the "product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered." [I agree!]
Here is an amusing, delightful little interview I heartily recommend:
"Art is not an intellectual process. It has to be a love affair."
Minor White, paraphrased, said photograph "for what it is and for what else it is." I'm always looking to create photographs that communicate "something-elseness."
"The challenge is to find something to do that deeply resonates with who you are in a way that points to the mystery of being alive."
“What use is having a great depth of field,
if there is not an adequate depth of feeling?”
– W. Eugene Smith
And Brett Weston:
"Photography is a visual medium and the less said, the better."
A flickerite posted this:
Please visit my website www.dianekaye.com
I want to thank ANDREAS KAHLER for making a beautiful compilation of some old Flickr images:
I fell madly in love with photography the first night I went to a black and white darkroom class, and I like to push the edges of tonality and composition, and explore how photography is unique, unlike any other art medium, most recently the element of MOTION, frozen or prolonged in time. Complex equivalences in composition, emotional content, and drama are top concerns for me.
I don't do "layers", textures, or any Photoshop beyond the simple darkroom-style tools. However, because of orthopedic concerns, I'm carrying a micro 4/3 camera a lot lately. At least I can make digital negs for contact printing when needed. I was just given a very slightly used Ricoh that will couple with a pile of old Leica German glass I happen to have from Ebay.
Flickr staff says this statement must appear here: "please be advised: My set called "The Human Form" is for over 18 only."
(Feel free to leave comments in English or German.)
Email: berlinsubway -> yahoo.com
NOTE: all images © DIANE KAYE 1980-2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE
- The Secret Dance of Trees 54 photos, 4 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 3,359 photos, 645 members
- Artificial Nature 3,224 photos, 218 members
- ..:: I LOVE DARK PHOTOS ::.. 271,733 photos, 13,590 members
- Art Now 267,410 photos, 9,514 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 73,391 photos, 4,747 members
- its just a dream 31,222 photos, 1,886 members
- This is Art! 1,330 photos, 674 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,821 photos, 191 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 2,429 photos, 1,737 members
- Monochrome: it's not simply black & white! 1,453 photos, 120 members
- Green is Beautiful 681,027 photos, 64,680 members
- When GREEN is GREEN 3,703 photos, 608 members
- Exposition des Arts Contemporain / By Invitation Only-P1/C1 21,413 photos, 641 members
- Anything fantastic - 1 pic / day 141,393 photos, 4,893 members
- Black and White Photography Art 162,449 photos, 9,904 members
- Somewhat Strange... 21,385 photos, 753 members
- Weird 16,783 photos, 1,202 members
- Proteaceae 3,856 photos, 285 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 3,377,975 photos, 96,891 members
- ***Monochrome Forms in Visual Arts-New Competition!*** 38,562 photos, 2,568 members
- iEyes 4,293 photos, 565 members
- Universal Art 92,041 photos, 2,722 members
- Figures i formes 4,300 photos, 330 members
- Sensual flowers/Anturium/Anthurium/Kalia/Kalla/Calla/Cantedeskia 170 photos, 43 members
- Zantedeschia 448 photos, 106 members
- Calla Lily 1,732 photos, 458 members
- RED photos only 28,499 photos, 2,916 members
- Iris Flowers 11,033 photos, 1,710 members
- Doors & Windows Project 145,428 photos, 13,616 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 22,974 photos, 2,134 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 24,046 photos, 504 members
- Parrot tulips 1,536 photos, 283 members
- Analog Photography 1,506,329 photos, 33,717 members
- Still Lifes 21,021 photos, 1,291 members
- ^^ThE DaRk FoReSt^^ 2,571 photos, 161 members
- TriX Lovers 55,579 photos, 3,012 members
- Natur und Umwelt 101,651 photos, 2,731 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 616,710 photos, 18,752 members
- Art in Black and White 167,016 photos, 10,073 members
- The Light Painters Society 352,136 photos, 14,434 members
- ART-X 62,092 photos, 1,646 members
- It's Not The Tools... 14,414 photos, 1,135 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 103,593 photos, 3,353 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 435,362 photos, 16,940 members
- Art and Artists. 311,296 photos, 17,689 members
- artistic photos 122,200 photos, 5,905 members
- Photographic Art 116,509 photos, 4,787 members
- * Black * Black * Black * 56,750 photos, 2,653 members
- ART DISTRICT 441,580 photos, 16,651 members
Falling Thru The Lens says:
"Diane has a special relationship to the magic of light and a unique ability to reveal the unseen. Her photographs seem to radiate imagination! She also has a remarkable range of technical knowledge. I'm inspired by Diane's work both in the sense of being moved by it and in the sense of expanding the possibilities of my own work (for example, it's because of seeing her lumen prints that lumen printing is on my "must try" list). And Diane's comments are not only wonderfully supportive, but also reflect thoughtful engagement with the individual photograph. I appreciate Diane's presence on Flickr, and I always look forward to seeing her new work."
17th December, 2011
"I love b + w photos and I love the b + w photos of B&WPhotog (the color pics as well!). Not only are they beautiful, but this wonderful photographer and I see things in a similar way--and that's a good thing-because hers are better than mine! (He says immodestly!)"
22nd November, 2009
"Diane's photography shows how loved this woman is by her friends and people that are part of her life. Most of her portraits show how her viewfinder look doesn't stop to the skin of the subject, it goes beyond, deep inside what we could call the human soul. Her fine art works are examples of grace, understanding of aesthetic values and masterpieces of darkroom technique. Diane doesn't just photograph the world around her, it's the world that reveals to her. She is for me a model and gives me the strength to keep pursuing photography as a "way of life". Thank you Diane."
2nd June, 2009
- September 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Diane Kaye Photography