About: Central Ohio Photographer. I take photographs, sometimes for other people sometimes for myself. My Flickr photostream is a mix of family snapshots, random photographs and portfolio pieces all thrown together.
If your in Central Ohio consider checking out Flickr Meet Columbus
Before you Send me a Flickrmail: Please make sure I can reply to your actual email address, if I get a 'no-reply' type of email address from Flickr I won't likely reply to you.
On Group Invites: Please do not add comments to my photos that include images and/or canned comments that indicate that I should join a group. It's cool if it's your thing, but it's just not my thing... doing so will likely get you blocked.
On Using an Image: If you want to use a photo for your blog or whatever or other non-profit or personal use please let me know in advance.(normally it's cool, I'm just always curious to know how my stuff is being used). If you are a business or want to use an image for a commercial purpose, you are not free to use any of my images and instead need to contact me to obtain a license, which is not free... Using an image for commercial purposes without a license will result in me getting my lawyer involved.
Many of my images are licensed under creative commons (free to use if it's not for-profit, etc.), but some I hold as all rights reserved and ask that those copyrighed images not be used without my express permission.
On Gear/Equipment: I use a camera... they work remarkable well for taking photographs. While I can be geeky and gear is fun to play with, folks it's not the camera that makes a great photo... That said I have enough gear to kill a yak.
fensterbme on Twitter
On Facebook - If 'friending' me on Facebook please let me know that your from Flickr or how you otherwise came across me.
Photos of fensterbme (10)
- Las Vegas Nights 4,298 photos, 408 members
- Las Vegas 99,497 photos, 7,351 members
- Flickr users on INSTAGRAM. 21,334 photos, 959 members
- Instagram world 47,702 photos, 3,935 members
- Project Weather 106,502 photos, 31,399 members
- Child Photography 274,126 photos, 21,173 members
- Children of The World 44,093 photos, 4,505 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 614,272 photos, 47,440 members
- Classic/collectable cars and motorcycles 221,631 photos, 12,284 members
- World of Classic Cars 373,527 photos, 11,596 members
- Cars Cars Cars 608,389 photos, 17,900 members
- Cool Cars 300,614 photos, 6,888 members
- AC Cobra 2,554 photos, 327 members
- Shelby Automobiles 5,418 photos, 536 members
- St. John Virgin Islands 3,324 photos, 391 members
- Virgin Islands (USVI, BVI) 4,559 photos, 419 members
- Fuji X100 116,086 photos, 7,852 members
- Light Junkies 91,489 photos, 13,630 members
- Subaru Impreza PhotoClub 13,208 photos, 1,574 members
- Tuscany / Toscana 41,900 photos, 3,689 members
- Photographs of Italy 317,516 photos, 13,066 members
- Italy 297,175 photos, 12,774 members
- Geotagged : Italy 9,806 photos, 248 members
- Lucca 5,639 photos, 674 members
- Vintage Bicycles 14,714 photos, 3,116 members
- Singlespeed/Fixed Gear Bicycles 52,280 photos, 6,117 members
- Indiana 36,432 photos, 1,118 members
- Everything Indiana 13,627 photos, 374 members
- tuaw 13,501 photos, 2,840 members
- Workstation Setups 227 photos, 233 members
- Apple Office 631 photos, 386 members
- Your Desk 703 photos, 347 members
- ??What's on your desk?? 4,634 photos, 1,311 members
- My Desk 6,662 photos, 4,472 members
- NERD 8,253 photos, 1,702 members
- Cool Geek Desk 703 photos, 254 members
- Geek Porn 11,079 photos, 1,865 members
- Subaru 26,496 photos, 3,239 members
- Flower Close-Ups 901,940 photos, 56,490 members
- Mac Setups 1,726 photos, 877 members
- Just Setups 4,975 photos, 2,157 members
- /geeks 49,008 photos, 4,615 members
- Cult of Mac 26,840 photos, 5,437 members
- Mac Addicts 32,666 photos, 7,993 members
- Camera Nerds -- A safe haven for all camera enthusiasts 4,553 photos, 253 members
- Camera Junkie ( Gear Acquisition Syndrome ) 53,634 photos, 4,758 members
- Kata Bags 199 photos, 158 members
- Fort Wayne Flickr Group 9,086 photos, 236 members
- Wedding Photo Techniques 3,236 photos, 499 members
- Strobist Gear 21,544 photos, 4,071 members
"Bryan is one of my favorite Flickrites. He has proven to be a wonderful mentor. I love his work and the fact that he is always eager to help me out too! I love that he is able to give constructive criticism. Sure, the "wow, that is sure a great photo" comments are fine but what can I gain from them? I look forward to maintaining my Flickr friendship with Bryan and possibly meeting him and his fine wife (and cute baby) sometime this year!"
3rd January, 2008
Nick Fancher says:
"I can't believe I haven't written a testimonial about this guy yet. Ever since I first met him Bryan has helped me. Whether it was a computer question (and there have been many of those) he answered or a Photoshop technique he taught me or his own equipment he loaned to me for a shoot, Bryan is always serving. He is the definition of a teacher. He is extremely knowledgeable and always approachable. He and Joleen are a cut above. Thanks for everything Bryan."
4th September, 2007
"Flickr is very lucky to have fensterbme, he is a true asset to any online photo sharing community. He consistently puts up incredibly interesting and talent packed snap shots of the world as he sees it. And his portraits have a certain unique quality that cannot be defined, but can always be recognized. Thank you fensterbme for sharing the world through your eyes."
13th February, 2007
Dania Hurley says:
"Bryan knows everything about photography. He's one of the people I pay attention to when I'm in the mood to learn something.
Thanks for all the help, Bryan! You're indispensable."
4th January, 2007
"The thing about Bryan is that he is everywhere on Flickr contributing constructive conversation to raise the level of every would be photographer who crosses his path. I don't know Bryan personally, but you can get a sense of him going out of his way to get information for people who need it. I only wish I knew a fraction of his knowledge.
BTW, he has a great body of work in my opinion."
3rd December, 2006
Philly Stan says:
"I've only known Brian for a short time, but I've learned a lot from him. The books say that a photo should tell a story, but Brian's photo's do more than that. They capture the pure emotion of the moment."
18th November, 2006
"Bryan has ability to capture the human and personal side of his subjects, whether that is people, street photography etc. I truly enjoy his work, plus I am jealous of all his gear."
15th November, 2006
Gary Lowell says:
"Brian is a great photographer with great gear. He's put a lot of time and energy into learning how to use photography equipment. He also spends a lot of time helping others learn. Always willing to offer advice, he's very helpful and thorough.
Brian is very much an assett to all of us on Flickr."
11th November, 2006
"I 'met' Bryan through flickr in 2005 and have been blessed ever since. He has an amazing amount of knowledge about everything Canon (and beyond, for that matter) and is more then willing to share his experiences with anyone who asks. I laugh when I read that he thinks he "sucks," because, deep down, I'm sure he knows he has an amazing eye and an infectious eagerness. Not to mention the fact that he's put up with my endless amount of questions time and time again.
Bryan is not only a true asset to the flickr community, but has proved to be a wonderful addition to the world of photography as well."
2nd November, 2006
Ryan Brenizer says:
"Fensterbme is someone who emobodies the best things about Flickr. Not only is he always learning, trying new things and improving, getting great photos along the way, he's incredibly willing to share what he's learned with others (and with impressive organization -- truly he is Flickr's king of the subhead)."
30th October, 2006
"Fensterbme is one photog who has actually helped me get something positive out of Flickr (instead of just a pro account). He is genuine and enthusiastic."
21st October, 2006
Rick Stemmler says:
"Bryan is a man whose passion is absolutley infectious. His knowledge of all facets of technology is a valuable resource that I enjoy taking advantage of. If there is something new on the horizon, Bryan already knows and he can (and will) tell you all about it.
What Bryan demonstrates to me is that great photography is the union of the eye, mind, and camera--not the chair, mouse and Photoshop.
As a photographer, he is an inspiration proving that even IT Geeks can create aesthetically amazing images : )
Seriously, if you ever have the opportunity to photograph with him do it. You are almost garaunteed to capture some amazing images that you would have otherwise missed. And if nothing else, you will have great conversation.
I am proud that Bryan considers me a "Good Friend" and I invite you to meet Bryan and you will become a "Good Friend" too."
18th October, 2006
Dan P. B. says:
"I have thoroughly enjoyed Bryan's insightful forum replies/posts for many months and continue to do so.
His contributions to conversations for all things photography are fantastic and you come away knowing a lot more by simply reading a few replies. He has been a great source of encouragement as well during my "Photographer Infancy".
I have grown envious of his low-light photography skills and his eye for great shots. The envy is a motivator and has made me try new things with less light. For that, I thank him."
16th October, 2006
"Brian - This is one of the most humble pro photographer's I know, he may not like the title "pro" right now, but he deserves it, for sure. I've always looked forward to his advice on just about anything photography, whether it's lighting, camera bodies, or just which lens to use for what occassion, he is an amazing source for good solid info.
I'm a lucky person to know and be a admin with him in the Photographer's Resource Group here on flickr and I'm a very lucky person to be a friend of his also.
Thanks for sharing with us your unique photography and educational knowledge.
14th October, 2006
What a great set of Picts! When are you going pro?
I have really enjoyed this site and gong to make sure that the rest of the family sees it.
Your Nutty Uncle David"
17th April, 2006
- Portrait / Wedding Photographer
- July 2005
- Northern Indiana
- Columbus, USA
- I am:
- Geek Stuff | Photographer
- fenstermacher photography