floating down a flickr river,
floating down the river again
Photography of the urban landscape, and landscapes that are not urban. neighborhoods, historic architecture and the urban landscapes of New Orleans, Amsterdam and Venice,landscapes of Lake Michigan and the
Leelanau peninsula, in northern Michigan.
digital images taken this year
of Ann Arbor, and now the Leelanau peninsula.
are now on my auxialliary site,
and Now a blog!
past times, past places.
I was once an architectural historian, and have always been a photographer. i first came to New Orleans for a visit, in 1977 and somehow managed to take a few photographs. I came back the next year in 1978, having left school and Ann Arbor, only for the summer. Somehow, I found myself spending the next 7 years, answering the question,"where you from?", documenting the historic architectural resources of the city. I left just after St. Patrick's day, in 1985, and came back to a2
To see the complete "New Orleans 1984" color portfolio, see my website below,
and as far as the rest goes, all is here, some is there,
as I have fallen so far behind......
the "New Orleans 1984" portfolio can also be found at the World Picture Network, search "travel, new orleans"
Do Not Steal!
you might rather buy a print, from the
World Picture Network, or below at my site
Create your own visitor map!
- New York City Architecture 34,908 photos, 3,027 members
- 9/11 NY & the world - A New York state of mind and spirit 4,258 photos, 839 members
- New York, New York 351,290 photos, 14,983 members
- Snowball Stands 170 photos, 27 members
- save Detroit 6 photos, 3 members
- Two Bay Creole Cottage 93 photos, 11 members
- MARDI GRAS 2010 1,534 photos, 112 members
- Louisiana Cemeteries 1,502 photos, 100 members
- N.O. Code Enforcement Proposed Demolitions 2009 154 photos, 8 members
- French Quarter (New Orleans) 3,939 photos, 286 members
- 2009 National Preservation Conference 184 photos, 12 members
- Photobloggers 35,072 photos, 957 members
- Most Favorited of Your Photos 166 photos, 225 members
- We want Flickr with a DARK BACKGROUND!! (NOT PHOTO) 8 photos, 11,862 members
- park structures 824 photos, 70 members
- Michigan Highway M-22 609 photos, 163 members
- Here comes everybody 4,682 photos, 303 members
- Where is that? Ann Arbor 182 photos, 76 members
- Ugly Public Art 209 photos, 179 members
- mail pouch 1,747 photos, 227 members
- Proposed School Demolitions 67 photos, 37 members
- Jazz Fest 2009 555 photos, 10 members
- Lustron: The House America's Been Waiting For! 504 photos, 120 members
- Dogtrots of New Orleans 52 photos, 6 members
- Urban_Infill 493 photos, 49 members
- West Coast Wonders 94 photos, 8 members
- New Orleans Architecture After Hours 51 photos, 22 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 192 photos, 243 members
- cLoUd aRT (international) 3,398 photos, 360 members
- Blue Skies Project 1,027 photos, 69 members
- Uptown New Orleans 1,686 photos, 77 members
- The Musician's House 67 photos, 18 members
- The Wayback Machine 1,190 photos, 53 members
- sNOLA 386 photos, 57 members
- New Orleans polaroid 62 photos, 9 members
- Prospect.1 New Orleans 242 photos, 52 members
- This is the Bywater 429 photos, 60 members
- SHOTGUN HOUSES 175 photos, 38 members
- Blurb Books 2,554 photos, 6,518 members
- Corner Buildings of New Orleans 643 photos, 14 members
- New Orleans 2683 51 photos, 6 members
- The Systematic Demolition and Dismantling of New Orleans by FEMA 29 photos, 14 members
- Our Louisiana Superdome 144 photos, 34 members
- Autostitch (and other stitching software) 74,579 photos, 7,682 members
- Signs of Life Book 196 photos, 190 members
- LOL, WTF? 618 photos, 83 members
- Guess where? New Orleans 282 photos, 109 members
- Stephen Shore 9,882 photos, 613 members
- I ♥ Smoking 3,047 photos, 1,023 members
- VENETO (Italy) 38,154 photos, 1,963 members
"Jeff Lamb is a thought provoking photographer. Just look at any of his black and whites. They are terrific. His architectural, landscape, and portrait work is as good as it gets. I am drawn to his New Orleans and Ann Arbor shots cuz I love both of those cities.
Keep at it, Jeff. Your work is appreciated."
10th May, 2008
burnt sugar says:
"jeff wakes up early and has many many gems. Just as you think you know what he's all about, he puts out a new (or old) humdinger"
15th March, 2008
Barack Obama says:
"Hi Jeff Lamb,
Thanks for your great comment!
Barack the Vote.
-Jasett @ Obama HQ"
6th July, 2007
Dania Hurley says:
"Jeff's every photo is perfect. His black and white work is nuanced and feels timeless, his color work is vivid and vibrant, his architectural photos are exquisitely, smartly composed, and his photos of people look as though the subjects had no idea he had a camera, which is the ideal, I think.
Besides the above talents, he also takes the time to be warm and encouraging to total beginners like me, which of course means the world to me. Flickr should be proud to have him as a member."
23rd April, 2007
"Jeff Lamb's capturing of the beauty of the Crescent City with his 35mm camera is magical. His photos preserve for posterity the way New Orleans looked for many years before Katrina came and erased it all."
15th January, 2007
- jeff lamb
- August 2006
- (over-rated/over-built) ann arbor, michigan
- ann arbor, mi, usa