twenty-two year old girl living and photographing in new york city.
actions + clothing shop
Please keep in mind that while I read all messages sent on flickr, I do not always respond in a timely manner or at all. If you have an important question or are seeking a quick reply, please contact me via email: ROCKIE @ ROCKIENOLAN . COM
- We Are Photogroup 1,040 photos, 74 members
- HUH. Magazine Submissions 224,417 photos, 9,192 members
- Nylon Magazine 51,454 photos, 3,139 members
- i-D Magazine 79,625 photos, 4,319 members
- dreams and magic 5,138 photos, 3,172 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 555,387 photos, 45,455 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 77,027 photos, 15,285 members
- tim walker, THE photographer 334 photos, 366 members
- Lithography 3,795 photos, 476 members
- printmaking 22,074 photos, 3,448 members
- Dujour Magazine Contributor Search 2,043 photos, 200 members
- summer's youth 1,898 photos, 777 members
- Urban Outfitters 39,893 photos, 8,036 members
- FINE Magazine - Photographer Search 14,227 photos, 703 members
- "Film Look" From Digital 3,134 photos, 255 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 70,291 photos, 5,227 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 15,233 photos, 5,366 members
- Carpaccio Magazine 75,950 photos, 3,580 members
- Art Sponge (submissions) 26,748 photos, 1,692 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 532,714 photos, 24,917 members
- sensivity and the seasons ~ 1,805 photos, 380 members
- Catchy Colors 3,076,236 photos, 107,886 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 23,379 photos, 2,421 members
- Backlit 6,535 photos, 672 members
- -contraluz-backlighting- 6,475 photos, 633 members
- Black and White 4,929,684 photos, 242,875 members
- Black&White Photography - Congrats to the winners! 45,105 photos, 2,315 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 69,247 photos, 5,256 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 199,614 photos, 19,696 members
- CUS | COMING UP STRONG.BLOGSPOT.COM 18,383 photos, 1,128 members
- black and white and dreamy 1,570 photos, 219 members
- Pelirrojas de infarto /// Impressive red-haired women 405 photos, 801 members
- Lubbock, Texas 786 photos, 154 members
- Lubbock 737 photos, 89 members
- Booooooom.com! 241,154 photos, 15,953 members
- Band Promos 29,434 photos, 7,654 members
- Upside down 831 photos, 513 members
- A Whole Lot Of Love 1,941 photos, 270 members
- Loving Couple 27,587 photos, 6,928 members
- Hugs and Kisses 659 photos, 527 members
- MY WINNERS P1/A2 - Signs of Spring Time to vote 950,500 photos, 86,685 members
- SCAD - The University for Creative Careers 4,878 photos, 635 members
- Canon Teens 14,739 photos, 707 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,609 photos, 259 members
- Freckles - Sommersprossen 591 photos, 662 members
- Just Self Photo 16,069 photos, 1,243 members
- It's Beauty Captured (exclusive) 55 photos, 22 members
- Teenage Photographers 765,125 photos, 31,869 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 120,475 photos, 22,436 members
- Young Photographers 1,802,921 photos, 73,801 members
"Rockie Nolan is one of the nicest people from flickr/tumblr. Her sense of humour is hilarious and she is so fun to talk to. Her sense of style is another thing. She is always looking glamorous and it seems like she always can find the best clothes! But her photography, my god. Her photography so professional and beautiful. Her use of light and beautiful models, beautiful clothes, & beautiful locations come together to make beautiful photographs. Rockie Nolan will go so far in life, and I'm sure that her photos will be used in many publications across the world :)
16th November, 2010
"Rockie Nolan has developed throughout the years, as an artist and as a person. From the nostalgic self portraits posted on deviantart to subtle series posted on flickr/her website. There is a quality, a war of color happening in each time suspended that makes me want to be in it...forever. This is a beginning of a quirky artist's long creative career - witness it, or miss out."
30th August, 2010
HANNAH BANEZ says:
"I felt really honored when you added me as a contact. Your pictures are stunning, creative, and total eye candy. I love the feel and emotion of your photos. Just one glance at your photostream, and I'm already in love. I really admire your work and I feel so inspired by your pictures."
18th June, 2010
milo blanc says:
"You've basically been my biggest inspiration ever since I first started photography back in October. The way you use light and focus just amazes me. Whenever I don't know what to do with my 365 I just look back at your photostream for inspiration. Good luck with your major in photography, I'm sure you'll be extremely successful as a photographer."
18th April, 2010
"You are not only gorgeous and creative, you're just so good at what you do. I love your style, your use of light and colours, and all the details entwined in your photos.
you are the best of the best."
3rd April, 2010
"Your photostream is definitely the most stylish on flickr. The way you use light and colors amazes me. I don't know how you do it! Your pictures are just flawless and give a sense of real classy-ness and talent. Keep it up, girl!"
4th March, 2010
"ahhhh! your photos..... :)
they are beautiful. you are such an inspriation to me. whenever i feel like i fail at photography i can look at you stream and i will get a burst of creativity. you are seriously one of my favorite flickrers. i really hope you never stop going with photography. it would be a shame if you did.
21st December, 2009
"They are stories.
Life and death and tragedies and comedies and smiles and tears and everything inbetween and everything surrounding it. It's feeling and color and little birds at your finger tips and childhood memories in your hands. Words in the warm grass and freckles on rosey cheeks.Your pictures are stories. They are dreams, the kind that make me not want to wake up. The kind that make me want to close my eyes and return to my memories. & I love them. I love your photographs. I love your creations."
7th December, 2009
"Rockie aka. the fadedfilmstrips girl is one of the most inspiring photographers I follow on flickr. Great compositions and amazing use of light. I love her warm and colorful pictures and self-portraits. A really talented girl for sure!"
26th November, 2009
"you pretty much have the most beautiful, jaw dropping, self portraits;
18th October, 2009
Ana Santos says:
"Rockie was one of my first favorite contacts. She's so creative and her pictures are so colorful and warm. Her picture of the map/sunglasses is one of my all-time favorite pictures on Flickr. Plus, she has an awesome screen name."
6th September, 2009
ting s, says:
"Rockie is such an amazing inspiration. I initially found her through Lookbook, and have been in love with her photographs and her stunning thrifted treasures ever since. What a talented girl."
17th August, 2009
.:Amanda Michelle:. says:
"Rockie just has a natural talent! Her pictures just brighten my world a bit more with every shot! Keep it up girl! You are such an inspiration!"
5th August, 2009
darcy dellera says:
"you are slowly but surely becoming one my favorite photographers here. your work is always so beautiful. you inspire me so much."
28th July, 2009
Rebecca Naen (rlnaen) says:
"I absolutely adore Rockies photography. I am blown away with each new submission. The light, composistion, colouring and subjects are always stunning. Her work is truly beautiful, and so is she."
28th July, 2009
Anastasia Volkova says:
"i absolutely in love with Rockie's photography. it seems like fresh air for me"
16th July, 2009
"i love all your pictures. :) oh btw, i found you from lookbook. :) haha."
23rd June, 2009
"i found you on deviantart a while ago.
and i love your photos so so much.
you're amazing girl"
8th June, 2009
Cody James says:
"rockie make me want to live in texas and now georgia"
9th July, 2008
- Rockie Nolan
- August 2007
- new york
- I am:
- Female and Single