twenty-two year old girl living and photographing in new york city.
actions + clothing shop
Please keep in mind that while I read all messages sent on flickr, I do not always respond in a timely manner or at all. If you have an important question or are seeking a quick reply, please contact me via email: ROCKIE @ ROCKIENOLAN . COM
- We Are Photogroup 1,165 photos, 78 members
- HUH. Submissions 256,826 photos, 9,627 members
- Nylon Magazine 62,465 photos, 3,371 members
- i-D Magazine 90,538 photos, 4,462 members
- dreams and magic 4,978 photos, 3,176 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 595,040 photos, 46,994 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 76,996 photos, 15,294 members
- tim walker, THE photographer 337 photos, 369 members
- Lithography 3,598 photos, 487 members
- printmaking 22,679 photos, 3,499 members
- Dujour Magazine Contributor Search 2,656 photos, 224 members
- summer's youth 1,837 photos, 811 members
- Urban Outfitters 38,196 photos, 8,124 members
- FINE Magazine - Photographer Search 22,437 photos, 930 members
- "Film Look" From Digital 5,401 photos, 335 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 79,110 photos, 5,437 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 14,888 photos, 5,364 members
- Carpaccio Magazine 88,520 photos, 3,784 members
- Art Sponge (submissions) 32,369 photos, 1,835 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 589,869 photos, 25,940 members
- sensivity and the seasons ~ 1,706 photos, 390 members
- Catchy Colors 3,276,470 photos, 114,956 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 23,487 photos, 2,399 members
- Backlit 7,030 photos, 684 members
- -contraluz-backlighting- 6,777 photos, 637 members
- Black and White 5,468,548 photos, 267,277 members
- Black&White Photography - Congrats to the winners! 50,977 photos, 2,448 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 74,365 photos, 5,363 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 217,415 photos, 20,516 members
- CUS | COMING UP STRONG.BLOGSPOT.COM 19,255 photos, 1,228 members
- black and white and dreamy 1,679 photos, 225 members
- Pelirrojas de infarto /// Impressive red-haired women 398 photos, 792 members
- Lubbock, Texas 845 photos, 160 members
- Lubbock 737 photos, 88 members
- Booooooom.com! 267,741 photos, 16,494 members
- Band Promos 29,796 photos, 7,815 members
- Upside down 811 photos, 524 members
- A Whole Lot Of Love 1,946 photos, 268 members
- Loving Couple 28,463 photos, 7,091 members
- Hugs and Kisses 682 photos, 522 members
- MY WINNERS P1/A2 / WINNERS NOW SHOWING 973,936 photos, 86,574 members
- SCAD - The University for Creative Careers 4,824 photos, 644 members
- Canon Teens 15,111 photos, 722 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,580 photos, 258 members
- Freckles - Sommersprossen 604 photos, 672 members
- Just Self Photo 16,312 photos, 1,272 members
- It's Beauty Captured (exclusive) 89 photos, 24 members
- Teenage Photographers 782,346 photos, 32,427 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 122,464 photos, 24,128 members
- Young Photographers 1,953,992 photos, 77,625 members
"Rockie Nolan is one of the nicest people from flickr/tumblr. Her sense of humour is hilarious and she is so fun to talk to. Her sense of style is another thing. She is always looking glamorous and it seems like she always can find the best clothes! But her photography, my god. Her photography so professional and beautiful. Her use of light and beautiful models, beautiful clothes, & beautiful locations come together to make beautiful photographs. Rockie Nolan will go so far in life, and I'm sure that her photos will be used in many publications across the world :)
16th November, 2010
Dario Castillo says:
"Rockie Nolan has developed throughout the years, as an artist and as a person. From the nostalgic self portraits posted on deviantart to subtle series posted on flickr/her website. There is a quality, a war of color happening in each time suspended that makes me want to be in it...forever. This is a beginning of a quirky artist's long creative career - witness it, or miss out."
30th August, 2010
HANNAH BANEZ says:
"I felt really honored when you added me as a contact. Your pictures are stunning, creative, and total eye candy. I love the feel and emotion of your photos. Just one glance at your photostream, and I'm already in love. I really admire your work and I feel so inspired by your pictures."
18th June, 2010
milo blanc says:
"You've basically been my biggest inspiration ever since I first started photography back in October. The way you use light and focus just amazes me. Whenever I don't know what to do with my 365 I just look back at your photostream for inspiration. Good luck with your major in photography, I'm sure you'll be extremely successful as a photographer."
18th April, 2010
"You are not only gorgeous and creative, you're just so good at what you do. I love your style, your use of light and colours, and all the details entwined in your photos.
you are the best of the best."
3rd April, 2010
"Your photostream is definitely the most stylish on flickr. The way you use light and colors amazes me. I don't know how you do it! Your pictures are just flawless and give a sense of real classy-ness and talent. Keep it up, girl!"
4th March, 2010
"ahhhh! your photos..... :)
they are beautiful. you are such an inspriation to me. whenever i feel like i fail at photography i can look at you stream and i will get a burst of creativity. you are seriously one of my favorite flickrers. i really hope you never stop going with photography. it would be a shame if you did.
21st December, 2009
Karen Sofia Colon says:
"They are stories.
Life and death and tragedies and comedies and smiles and tears and everything inbetween and everything surrounding it. It's feeling and color and little birds at your finger tips and childhood memories in your hands. Words in the warm grass and freckles on rosey cheeks.Your pictures are stories. They are dreams, the kind that make me not want to wake up. The kind that make me want to close my eyes and return to my memories. & I love them. I love your photographs. I love your creations."
7th December, 2009
"Rockie aka. the fadedfilmstrips girl is one of the most inspiring photographers I follow on flickr. Great compositions and amazing use of light. I love her warm and colorful pictures and self-portraits. A really talented girl for sure!"
26th November, 2009
"you pretty much have the most beautiful, jaw dropping, self portraits;
18th October, 2009
Ana Santos says:
"Rockie was one of my first favorite contacts. She's so creative and her pictures are so colorful and warm. Her picture of the map/sunglasses is one of my all-time favorite pictures on Flickr. Plus, she has an awesome screen name."
6th September, 2009
ting s, says:
"Rockie is such an amazing inspiration. I initially found her through Lookbook, and have been in love with her photographs and her stunning thrifted treasures ever since. What a talented girl."
17th August, 2009
.:Amanda Michelle:. says:
"Rockie just has a natural talent! Her pictures just brighten my world a bit more with every shot! Keep it up girl! You are such an inspiration!"
5th August, 2009
darcy dellera says:
"you are slowly but surely becoming one my favorite photographers here. your work is always so beautiful. you inspire me so much."
28th July, 2009
Rebecca Naen (rlnaen) says:
"I absolutely adore Rockies photography. I am blown away with each new submission. The light, composistion, colouring and subjects are always stunning. Her work is truly beautiful, and so is she."
28th July, 2009
Anastasia Volkova says:
"i absolutely in love with Rockie's photography. it seems like fresh air for me"
16th July, 2009
"i love all your pictures. :) oh btw, i found you from lookbook. :) haha."
23rd June, 2009
"i found you on deviantart a while ago.
and i love your photos so so much.
you're amazing girl"
8th June, 2009
Cody James says:
"rockie make me want to live in texas and now georgia"
9th July, 2008
- Rockie Nolan
- August 2007
- new york
- I am:
- Female and Single