My careers have included travel agent (14 yrs.), desktop publisher (3 yrs.), and communications director for a large church (12 yrs.). I have a BA in Art History. Through it all, I've been happiest while behind the camera, composing an image, whether as part of my job or simply for the pure joy of creating.
Photos of eye2eye (1)
- Through glass in rain 83 photos, 45 members
- Good Morning, World! 426 photos, 46 members
- Hipstanerds 3,899 photos, 90 members
- melancholy 87,003 photos, 4,950 members
- The Odd Cross 1,143 photos, 302 members
- iPhoneography 340,669 photos, 11,844 members
- Now, Look at the Camera (Award at Least 3) 16,259 photos, 1,296 members
- books! 1,252 photos, 173 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 290,373 photos, 15,822 members
- . TV . room . 4,405 photos, 915 members
- New Flickr of Hope 33,231 photos, 1,941 members
- iPhoneur 5,563 photos, 81 members
- Iphone Lo-Mob 276 photos, 54 members
- Lo-mob 11,746 photos, 1,130 members
- Sky Above 32,668 photos, 2,525 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 984 photos, 243 members
- Ministract 34,378 photos, 1,124 members
- Objective Scenes 3,625 photos, 223 members
- Hipstamatic Connecticut 0 photos, 4 members
- Dead Square 448 photos, 31 members
- Hipstamatic Black & White 8,398 photos, 331 members
- Hipstamatic Bathrooms 86 photos, 37 members
- Hipstamatic 291,801 photos, 16,645 members
- Hipstamatic Patterns 518 photos, 21 members
- Two Colors or Less (1 post = 2 comments, no B&W) 12,599 photos, 1,389 members
- half|HALF 288 photos, 43 members
- Parking Lot Diary 263 photos, 17 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 242,350 photos, 27,148 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [DISCONTINUED] 35,560 photos, 5,532 members
- Outstanding Sunrises / Sunsets (15 favs or more please!) 1,357 photos, 764 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - 26.000+ great pictures! 25,586 photos, 2,812 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 75,533 photos, 2,768 members
- Bradley International Airport BDL 383 photos, 35 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 44,599 photos, 5,372 members
- In School 3,033 photos, 566 members
- The Flickr Underground 48,166 photos, 2,028 members
- New England Sunrises, Sunsets 3,407 photos, 266 members
- MASS MoCA 3,620 photos, 361 members
- Word Thief [words and words within words] 4,728 photos, 160 members
- Words and Art 16,403 photos, 701 members
- Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth (and His life!) 658 photos, 103 members
- Signless Signs 1,207 photos, 225 members
- Semiotic Syntax 276 photos, 93 members
- Polaroid SX 70 100,093 photos, 11,425 members
- One Word 1,979 photos, 238 members
- wdydwyd? 510 photos, 397 members
- The Signs of The Cross 8 photos, 6 members
- Diptych & Triptych Gallery 45,653 photos, 4,721 members
- 1970's Pop Culture 2,198 photos, 311 members
- ALMOST !! 209 photos, 69 members
"Dave’s excellent technical and artistic photographic talents are apparent to anyone that views his work. Setting him apart is that he is the most honest and supportive experienced photographer I have ever met. If he gives a favorable comment you can trust that it is serious. My biggest photographic compliment was being included in the same Cummer Art Gallery photographic exhibit (a juried contest) for Florida St. Johns River photos with Dave and he encouraged my participation.
I first met Dave on Fotolog and then here at Flickr. Later I met him and talented Lois of Lebanon (Jaemes Sister) at a local restaurant and then Dave and I met for breakfast from time to time at a local greasy spoon. Since Dave was a Connecticut Yankee I was concerned that he would not like our local “down home” spots. Not to worry. He fit right in. In fact, every time I have gone to Grumpy’s for breakfast without him they have asked, “Where is your northern friend? Bring him back.”"
19th November, 2006
"I got to know Dave and his photographs over at fotolog.net first and was happy to see him over here after a while too. From the start on I enjoyed visiting his photostream. His photographs show not only the beauty of this world but also what drives himself, which is his faith. It's his gift, to convey both through his images and I am thankful he shares this gift with all of us here at flickr."
5th June, 2006
Billy Reed says:
"Dave’s photographic images have, over many months now, been a delight to follow and are such a source of inspiration and entertainment for me. The imagery, often combined with a Christian message, is so well observed and captured. And I've never seen such an amazing, ongoing series - ‘Found crosses’ - at Fotolog (and now here) where we met.
And to top it all, 'eye2eye' is so complimentary and encouraging to other contributors. It is always a delight to upload and catalogue one's own photography.... but, when DAVE leaves a message, it makes it all so worthwhile, and spurs me on to greater things.
A creative and thoroughly pleasant guy! ('just a pity he lives on the the other side of the Atlantic!)"
16th April, 2005
"Eye2Eye combines artistic vision with technical know-how to produce some of the most intriguing and dramatic images on Flickr. I always find joy, intelligence and sincerity in his photostream."
21st March, 2005
" Dave's images are for us as a trip to the unknow, where great and intriguing surprizes all-ways filled with pure and sensible beauty belongs too.
The lines, the way he frames, the lights, the textures and the colors are deeply respected, greatly captured and enjoyed by him, and always plays the most harmonic and beaultiful simphony!
Is a page where you always have awesome surprizes when you visit and where you somehow feel respected.
He is very careful about his work, and about the work of people he visits too.
His attention in his work and in details shows too in his incredibly clever and attentious coments about other people works.
Is a gift to visit and to be visited by Dave, and to see here and in his coments how attentious he is about details and how much he sees!!
Is quite often that he sees more than we saw in our own images and works!!
Here you have a photographer with opened heart and mind that sees things trought the eyes of love, respect and gratitude.
And he shows that for us with enormous joy and respect.
The same he shows for every other friends images.
We deeply admire you Dave!! As a photographer and as a great and special person.
Dave,is a gift to have you here,
27th February, 2005
- Dave Gilbert
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken