Dave DiCello's photostream Pro User
My camera is my paintbrush and my subject is the world, and there is no limit to what I can create.
Over the last few years my photography interests have gone from a Kodak P&S to a Casio P&S to a Canon P&S to a Pentax P&S, a Nikon D40X and finally to my current Nikon D700 and my Canon S95. I love HDR, over processed, under processed, real looking, fake looking, and everything in between! I love to use light to add an extra flare (literally or figuratively!) to my pictures!
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to view both my pictures and my profile!
My current equipment:
Nikon 16-35 f4
NIkon 50mm f1.4
Nikon 70-200 f2.8
Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.56
Nikon DX 55-200mm f/4-5.56
Nikon DX 35mm f/1.8
Check me out on:
My LinkedIn Page
My Blog, HDR Exposed
As for contacts - If you have no interest on commenting on any of my work, then please, do not waste your time adding me as a contact. It is all about reciprocation - if you comment on my pictures, then you can be certain I will comment on yours. That's what flickr is - a community to share work and admire that of others. But if you all you want is for me to admire yours, then that is just not going to work! So I guess that is kind of a long rant, but there are so many people out there who just add contacts for the sake of adding, and that can be annoying!
- HDR One Magazine 17,265 photos, 1,086 members
- Pittsburgh Photographers' Gallery 157 photos, 31 members
- Pittsburgh Exposed 3,819 photos, 192 members
- IheartPGH 1,038 photos, 92 members
- Pittsburgh Bridges 3,558 photos, 572 members
- Civic Arena Memories 22 photos, 4 members
- Geotagged : Pennsylvania 4,506 photos, 150 members
- SPORTS ACTION 306,492 photos, 22,504 members
- Sports Photography 295,718 photos, 23,146 members
- Sports Photographers 195,176 photos, 9,096 members
- Project Weather 40,920 photos, 13,266 members
- Carrie Furnace 968 photos, 55 members
- Pittsburgh Pics 9,562 photos, 291 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 327,557 photos, 15,343 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 438,356 photos, 23,665 members
- Nikon Digital Magic 178,594 photos, 3,937 members
- Nikon Digital 1,507,912 photos, 66,126 members
- Canon PowerShot S95 53,345 photos, 3,501 members
- New York: Landmarks - the best of NY 59,038 photos, 4,913 members
- New York Photography 263,311 photos, 15,383 members
- New York life 167,194 photos, 8,029 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 664 photos, 52 members
- The Portrait Group 2,059,062 photos, 130,586 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 902,472 photos, 56,367 members
- The Bomb HDR 1,265 photos, 111 members
- Black and White 4,931,692 photos, 242,694 members
- Cinematic Moments. 417,264 photos, 17,662 members
- Amazing Image [HDR] 40 photos, 24 members
- The Best Photo You've Ever Taken 329 photos, 649 members
- Pittsburgh @ Night 1,814 photos, 319 members
- Blue Hour HDR 670 photos, 85 members
- Pittsburgh HDR 552 photos, 65 members
- Pittsburgh Penguins 1,474 photos, 341 members
- Pittsburgh And The Region 22,538 photos, 1,170 members
- HDR ADDICTED 319,053 photos, 13,413 members
- Canon PowerShot S90 48,124 photos, 3,152 members
- Post-Processing Anonymous ( P.P.A ) 13,626 photos, 457 members
- Self-Portraits! 470,108 photos, 43,825 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 102,917 photos, 4,046 members
- Flickr Golf Club 39,327 photos, 305 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 443,338 photos, 93,853 members
- ~EXPLORE~ 12,829 photos, 562 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 634,726 photos, 31,487 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 397,474 photos, 14,754 members
- The Official Pano Panorama Group 6,985 photos, 1,692 members
- WoOoOoW GrOuP 7,692 photos, 515 members
- Places 2 Explore 888 photos, 82 members
- L'amicizia fa la differenza - leggere le regole READ THE RULES 45,308 photos, 1,184 members
- Nikon DSLR Users -- The Bistro 66,780 photos, 1,998 members
- Nuevos Fotografos 176,562 photos, 5,112 members
Ian Sane says:
"An energetic photographer whose passion for his craft has made him a true artist. When I was first introduced to Dave’s photo stream I was skeptical. I didn’t really like HDR processing as I was used to photographers who “abused” rather than “used” this particular method. In a word: “overkill” is how I would describe most HDR photos. Photographers who conduct HDR processing really don’t know how to properly execute this method to obtain a worthy image, I thought. In my opinion, though, Dave has found the right balance. His pictures reveal a seasoned workman who has really come into his own. The details and colors he produces make me envious of his ability. Plus, his eye for composition just enhances what he does on the computer. I’m quite surprised the city of Pittsburgh, and the businesses in the area, hasn’t hired Dave to fill their offices and rooms with his images. On top of being a skilled photographer he is one of the nicest people on flickr. If you are looking for cutting edge landscapes, especially if you are from the Pittsburgh area, look no further than Dave’s photo stream, website, and blog."
11th March, 2011
"What can I say? Dave is my local competition, and he's turned to the dark side (Nikon) instead of Canon, so we have our differences. Haha, I'm only kidding!!! Dave DiCello is a great, down to earth guy! I had the pleasure to shoot with him in the past, and it's been a blast! I'm looking forward to it again in the near future! He's always got a good head on his shoulders, and sees the shot in his mind, before the tripod even hits the ground. For anyone that hasn't seen his creative works, like his multi-exposures, check 'em out! They're completely awesome! You've got about 5 Dave's playing cards, and 4 Dave's ridin' in a car! Haha! I would surely get outta that cars path!
In other words, his creativity is off the charts, he does fantastic processing, and he can catch a sunflare unlike anyone I know. On top of everything, he's a good friend, and is always there to answer any question you have for him. Cheers Dave!"
30th January, 2011
Three D Photos says:
"Dave DiCello has an amazing eye for capturing bold, daring and innovative shots missed by some of the best professionals. His HDR work is among the best on Flickr, and his HDR and Sunflares Tutorials are concise, easy to understand, and spot on for achieving the pristine look that HDR is intended for.
I am glad to count Dave as a contact and a friend on Flickr."
1st June, 2010
"Dave is the master of HDR! while many photographers will photograph the usual landscape or portrait, Dave goes down a different route and takes pictures of everyday scenes and turns them in to real works of art!
Dave was my inspiration to try HDR myself.
Keep up your amazing work!"
24th May, 2010
"Dave has to be the most unique and daring photographer I have come accross in Flickrland.
I have seen a lot of photographers that specialise in HDR work but I can honestly say that Dave goes that little bit further! He will do almost everything and anything in HDR and that's what makes him special! From his trademark Sunflares to his incredibly detailed beach and snow series, his daily wisdom and his unending support as a contact and friend. He never fails to impress us with his incredible talent! Dave truly is the Master of Pixels! :)"
21st May, 2010
Tattooed JJ says:
"Dave is such a great photographer, doing amazing HDR and sun Flare work, each shot with a wonderful inspirational quote. I look forward each day to see what he will share with us, and am glad I have him as a contact here on flickr.
in addition he is such a supportive contact, and willing to share his insights and techniques with us all
29th April, 2010
Yen Baet says:
"Not everyone is a fan of HDR, but there's something in Dave's style that makes you appreciate it. I think it's his passion for this technique that makes his images so believable and easy to relate to. What really makes me come back often to check his streams are the wonderful words of wisdom he includes with every image. It's not only his photographic talent but also his knack for choosing the right quotations that makes his being an artist so credible. Additionally, Dave is so consistently supportive of his fellow photographers, never failing to visit and comment on their streams. What a delight to know him through Flickr!"
6th April, 2010
ZedZap Photos says:
" Dave is so dedicated to his unique craft .. seriously great photographs
he is a modern master painter of pixels
each new one is eagerly devoured by me
good on ya mate"
22nd February, 2010
"When I first saw Dave's shots I was in two minds by his processing style of HDR, I came in as a person who liked natural HDR, as the eye sees. Dave's shots opened my eyes for the better and I have looked forward to seeing a new shot from him everyday I now admire a lot of shots that I wouldn't have bothered to look at twice.
Dave's photos contain an obscene amount of detail, be sure to view them all large and enjoy what he brings to flickr.
All the best my friend..
1st February, 2010
Larissa. P says:
"The most brilliant HDR photographer...
I love your photos my dear friend...keep going with this!
I'm fan of your gallery!
Thanks for always following up me!
1st January, 2010
"i make it short...........
thank you for being my friend and for your Excellent pictures keep it up !!"
1st November, 2009
"evad310 has an amazing talent for capturing superb scenes and filling the frame with awesome colour. His work is like something from another world, and his editing, second to none. From fantastic HDR to magic portrait work, each image produced somehow betters the last."
1st November, 2009
"What to write about Evad310 and his wonderful photostream here on Flickr?!
It’s not a difficult task because when you come across the creativity Evad310 creates it is easy! The style Evad310 has is so AMAZING and unique It comes out in the more recent HDR photos people, country,himself (of course) and so on, nothing is too difficult for Evad310,it's always a joy to visit his photostream, therefore it’s a pleasure to have you as a contact and “Flickr” friend, on top of this all, you are not only a very talented person but also a very friendly, great personality and always there for us.Thank you so much for all your visits and comments,keep up the great work my friend.Endjie"
3rd August, 2009
Daniela Duncan says:
"Dave is an original. He has developed a signature, a very unique way of processing his pictures. His HDRs are unmistakable. I really like his use of cool blue and gray tones ~ and I love his bold use of flares. His images are energizing at times, and soothing and relaxing at other times – but they are always striking. I truly enjoy his creations. In addition to being a very talented artist, Dave is also a very cool guy, an awesome contact to have – always present and very supportive. I so appreciate his friendship! It’s a pleasure and a great privilege to be his friend on Flickr."
2nd October, 2009
- September 2008
- Pittsburgh, United States
- I am:
- Sr. Financial Analyst
- HDR Exposed